+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Send young San Diego-based 'Dawg fans to the Bowl AND help a worthwhile charity!

Puppy dadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nice

Send young San Diego-based 'Dawg fans to the Bowl AND help a worthwhile charity!

Fellow 'Dawgs....I spent about half my time in San Diego from 2004-2008, and served on the board of a great charity, called It's All About the Kids Foundation. They help abandoned, neglected, and abused kids in the San Diego area, and have a great impact on children who have been left behind.

One of their best efforts is to bring kids together with mentors from their board, and successful community leaders, and take them to events they otherwise would never have an opportunity to attend. These "Make A Difference Days" are tremendous for the kids, and live up to their name, making a big difference in the life of a child.

We all know how important it is to have as many 'Dawg fans as possible in Qualcomm stadium for this very important game, although many of us can't attend. So, I have spoken with their Executive Director, and she is going to put together a Make a Difference Day for the bowl. I have offered to subsidize transportation to the game and buy all of the kids that attend Bulldog T-Shirts.

If any of you who were considering buying spare tickets anyway would like to send a new, young, enthusiastic 'Dawg fan, and help a great charity, please contact me via e-mail at david@dadconsult.com, or you can e-mail executive director Angela Brannon at angela@itsallaboutthekids.org. We'll work with you to make the purchase through a tax-deductible contribution.

So, c'mon and help us fill Qualcomm with screaming 'Dawg fans! Who knows, one of them may end up traveling to Ruston one day and attend Tech!

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Re: Send young San Diego-based 'Dawg fans to the Bowl AND help a worthwhile charity!

Do you want the tickets bought through Tech and sent to you or are yall going to buy them yourselves?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Send young San Diego-based 'Dawg fans to the Bowl AND help a worthwhile charity!

I love this! Now if you plan to buy tickets, please do so through our Athletic department. I would love for underprivileged kids to get to see this game!

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

I am in for a couple of tickets if yall go through the Tech ticket office.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I'm in for more than a couple, but forgive me if I ask for some bonafides before I jump in. You got anyone who can vouch for you and your charity?

I'll be buying through the Ticket Office.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

Same here: I can't make the trip to SD, but if you can set up something with the Tech ticket office I will purchase a few tickets.

Puppy dadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nicedadconsult is just really nice

Wow. Thanks so much everyone for the generous offers! Going through Tech ticket office is fine (although I don't know if it's tax-deductible unless you give directly to the charity), and I certainly understand your need to know more about the charity. You can check out their website at http://www.itsallaboutthekids.org/ . I went to the IRS web site and did a search so you can see it's in good standing as a public charity. You may need to cut and paste this because it's so long. Once you're there, just scroll down to the "I's" and you'll see it. :

http://www.irs.gov/app/pub-78/search.do?resultsPerPage=500&nameSearchTypeStarts= false&names=It's+All+About+the+Kids+Foundation&nam eSearchTypeAll=false&city=San+Diego&state=CA&count ry=USA&deductibility=all&sortColumn=name&indexOfFi rstRow=0&isDescending=false&dispatchMethod=search

Guidestar, the national non-profit database, also has a listing on it:

http://www2.guidestar.org/organizations/20-1114086/its-all-about-kids-foundation.aspx

T
    he main issue is getting seats together or in close proximity....the Tech ticket office should be able to do that. Although this is not officially sanctioned by Tech, VP of University Advancement Corre Stegall and LTAC staff leader Adam McGuirt are both supportive. Adam suggested going through the charity itself to ensure tax deductibility, but if you would rather purchase directly, that's great.

This overwhelming response is what sets Tech apart. Win or lose (of course, we MUST win!), Tech is #1. When it comes to character and class, no other university can touch us. I have always been proud of Tech, but right now I am more proud than I've ever been. Thanks.

Fellow Dawgs,

Thanks to your generosity, we have reached the maximum number of kids that can go to the game! If any of you would like to donate money for Tech shirts they will wear to the game, please contact Executive Director Angela Brannon at angela@itsallaboutthekids.org and she will be happy to accommodate you. Thanks again!

Forever True, Forever Blue, GO DAWGS!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Bump.........

You already have that many tickets?

Damn that was fast!

How much do we need for t-shirts?

Thanks for the offer....turns out some of our fellow dawgs committed but for whatever reason didn't go through with their commitments...so we still need 3 tickets. I have the shirts (actually, we're getting foam fingers for them because it's supposed to be pretty cool that day, and foam fingers will stand out so we can see them!) and snacks covered....but if you could contact Angela Brannon to arrange for those three tickets, that would be GREAT. Her cell number is 858-229-3663, and her e-mail is angela@itsallaboutthekids.org. If you're comfortable with the info provided above, you can also go to their website and make a donation for the amount of the 3 tickets (she already bought them, you can call the Tech ticket office to verify that). In any case, I'm again amazed by how generous our fellow Dawgs are, makes me so thankful I chose to go to Tech those long years ago....

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

Well I'll go ahead and say that is pretty bad to have fifty commitments (tickets) and turns out all we could produce is 15??? I'm personally embarrassed.

We had several more volunteer to buy tickets....the issue was logistics of ensuring the tickets were purchased so the kids would all sit together, and that donors would ensure that they go through the Tech ticket office. To simplify the situation, the All About the Kids foundation just went ahead and purchased 15 before they became scarce, with the belief that our folks would step up....we have one very generous 'Dawg who is reimbursing them for 12, all we need to do is provide the other 3. You can verify that they have indeed been purchased by calling the Tech ticket office, they are all under It's All About the Kids foundation, and can contact Executive Director Angela Brannon directly to arrange a tax-deductible contribution for them The total is $135, she got $45 tickets so the kids would have decent seats. Again, thanks to everyone, we need not be embarrassed, this was a logistical matter, not a matter of generosity of our fellow 'Dawgs. If three of those who posted above can spare $45 apiece, we're home free. Everyone look for the group of foam fingers during the game, those are our kids!! Thanks again for the generosity, fellow 'Dawgs!

+ Reply to Thread