+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Band of Pride Fundraiser

Puppy smada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her game

Yet Another Band Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    We still need help to try to raise funds for an additional 25 members that are able and willing to participate. We would need to raise about $20,000-25,000 to take the whole band.
    The alumni association has set up a Band Travel Account. The goal is to have this account and fundraise for it, so Tech is never in this situation again. (football and basketball postseason)
    If you would like to make a donation you can contact Lisa Smith at the Alumni Center at 318-255-7950.
    Thank you all who have expressed support for the Band of Pride, thank you for any and all donations. It would be greatly appreciated.

Hello fellow Tech alumni and Tech supporters:

I need your help. As you probably know, Tech had a good year in football and is going to the Poinsettia Bowl. The problem is that the school has decided to only send 1/3 of their band (50 members). The band is supposed to march in a parade, play at the "Battle of the Bands" on an aircraft carrier in San Diego Bay and then march a half time show.

The 150 band members have been working since August, just like the cheerleaders and the dance team, to ensure that they put the university in a good light. To tell 100 of them that they cannot go is sad. Not only do these students deserve to go, but it will also look bad for Tech to be under represented.

Please help me by contacting the President of LA Tech and letting him know that, as alumni, we care how Tech is portrayed. The Band of Pride deserves to go.

Daniel D. Reneau
    President
    reneau@latech.edu
    Phone: (318) 257-3785
    Fax: (318) 257-2928
    Please let your LA Tech friends know. We need all the help we can get!

I looked and the school will receive $750,000 for participating in the bowl. Even at $1000.00 per student, the athletic department will have plenty left to use.

Thanks a ton, folks. I'll try to update everyone on the situation.

Bulldog jhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nice

Band of Pride Fundraiser

Hello fellow Tech alumni and tech supporters:

I need your help. As you probably know, Tech had a good year in football and is going to the Poinsettia Bowl. The problem is that the school has decided to only send 1/3 of their band (50 members). The band is supposed to march in a parade, play at the "Battle of the Bands" on an aircraft carrier in San Diego Bay and then march a half time show.

The 150 band members have been working since August, just like the cheerleaders and the dance team, to ensure that they put the university in a good light. To tell 100 of them that they cannot go is sad. Not only do these students deserve to go, but it will also look bad for Tech to be under represented.

Please help me by contacting the President of La TECH and letting him know that, as alumni, we care how Tech is portrayed. The Band of Pride deserves to go.

Daniel D. Reneau
    President
    reneau@latech.edu
    Phone: (318) 257-3785
    Fax: (318) 257-2928
    Please let your La Tech friends know. We need all the help we can get!

I looked and the school will receive $750,000 for participating in the bowl. Even at $1000.00 per student, the athletic department will have plenty left to use.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Tech Administration decides to send only 1/3 of the BOP to the Poinsettia Bowl

Paging Dawg06 to post WAC code.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Tech Administration decides to send only 1/3 of the BOP to the Poinsettia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Paging Dawg06 to post WAC code.
    I give up, but this band situation is embarrassing.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I hope you are successful in your quest - however, we will not receive $750000 - the WAC splits the money with all schools -
    Find out how much it costs to get the whole band there - bb&b has thrown a fundraiser or 2

Bulldog jhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I hope you are successful in your quest - however, we will not receive $750000 - the WAC splits the money with all schools -
    Find out how much it costs to get the whole band there - bb&b has thrown a fundraiser or 2
    I will certainly do my best

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

If we could get the details I am sure that we could set up fundraisers with NWTAG & THE Monroe group. BVD needs to do his damn job & report the good, bad & ugly & ask for help if needed. If we do this half-assed...we might as well be playing in the Indy.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

There have been several threads I could have said this. Tech should look at those 100 students as potential lifetime donors. This is a historical moment and the kind of thing that bonds us with our school. If I were Tech I would find the money and send them all. What these kids will remember is that special moment they were there for and witnessed (for me CSU and Maryland in 1990). More so, their spirit make us much more likely to win. As part of the experience and contributing to the success they become lifetime donors. That will be a lot of money. Honestly, I'm disappointed I have to write this. It should be a no brainer to bring the most supportive Tech student group to the bowl game.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    . . . It should be a no brainer to bring the most supportive Tech student group to the bowl game.
    Leave the other groups at home if you have to, but get the ENTIRE Band Of Pride there! They do FAR more to add to the game atmosphere than the other spirit groups.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

ya can't do a BATTLE OF THE BANDS if one of 'em doesn't show up.

HELLO!

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Question: do most schools fly their entire band to non-bcs bowl games? Will our opponent have the full band?

If no to both, I have no problem sending 50.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Tech receives $375-400K from the WAC for any bowl game regardless of the bowl's listed payout, and certainly not $750K as stated in the top post.

That said, either send the whole band or no band.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    Leave the other groups at home if you have to, but get the ENTIRE Band Of Pride there! They do FAR more to add to the game atmosphere than the other spirit groups.
    No, ALL of our spirit groups need to be there. The entire Band of Pride, Regal Blues, cheerleaders, Champ, and Tech XX. I'd like to know who all is in our traveling party of 185 that is subsidized by the WAC. Our administration can pay their own way. Reneau needs to know that 3.6 million people watched the Poinsettia Bowl last year. We need to be ALL IN.

Puppy smada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her gamesmada2279 is on top of his/her game

Heck, I wouldn't have a problem with a bus.

+ Reply to Thread