+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Band of Pride Fundraiser

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Re: Band of Pride Fundraiser

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    I do not want to come across as mean, but I am disappointed that our Tech leadership did not make it the priority to get the entire band to the game. For that matter, they should get any spirit group avail to the game. This is one time a case could be made to the alumni to donate that we could actually see the result and know for a fact it is going to a good cause. The Tech fans are ready for the big time. I think maybe the school is not yet. There should be an organized fund rasing effort and I should have already been asked for a donation. I did donate but I had to figure out how. I worry if Tech cannot step up to do this right, how can we possibly expect conferernce alignment to be handled appropriately. This expereince has set my expectations back quite a bit.

The university & athletics dept. seem to be unable to "organize & delegate." At this point in the game (after DD) this is bush league & they should not "expect" alumni who work in the real world to do their work for them.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    THIS!

This is the problem with the bureaucrats everywhere (and in Ruston). The "it takes money to make money" philosophy doesn't make sense to them. Somebody way more important than me needs to contact BVD & set up a meeting to get some organization to all of this madness. And LFR, go to the game. You have gone way over & above to support Tech.

If you have the pull to get the ear of someone in the administration that can land us a meeting with the powers to be I think that all of this nonsense can be worked out quickly & efficiently without further damage.

The funny thing about what I say is that, as an alumnus & working in Shreveport, I out of all of the wonderful alumni on this board, can probably least afford to be able to donate but I believe Tech can benefit from my organizational skills & I just may be able to land a major sponsor from Shreveport to help. This potential sponsor has their name on building & atheltic venues here in the city. It is someone that already supports LSUS & LSU. Also a major contributor & supporter of Centenary College but has pulled back support since they have downgraded to D2. In fact, Learfield, BVD & DR have missed many potential donors &/or opportunities here in Shreveport/Bossier.
    Contact the guys with LA Tech Sports Properties and let them know about people that could support. I'm sure they would like to hear from you.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    I'm sure they would like to hear from you.
    If they have time

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Re: Tech Administration decides to send only 1/3 of the BOP to the Poinsettia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    Leave the other groups at home if you have to, but get the ENTIRE Band Of Pride there! They do FAR more to add to the game atmosphere than the other spirit groups.
    Agree. If you can't send all 3 groups, then all of Band is 1st for this significant Bowl Game, Cheerleaders 2nd, then Regal Blues in that order.
    AD and others should already be working on this with others. Shouldn't take individual solicitations to this board for this big road trip. This board helps out in many other ways...just my opinion.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Why aren't more people driving out to SanDiego? Remember when kids used to enjoy taking roadtrips. That's how I'm going. I can drive it in 2 days by myself. You can carry 4-5 people in most cars and share the cost. they have plenty of time to drive it since they're out 2 weeks for the Christmas holidays. You figure $100 each for gas and $35/day for a shared room and that comes out to about $300/person.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Why aren't more people driving out to SanDiego? Remember when kids used to enjoy taking roadtrips. That's how I'm going. I can drive it in 2 days by myself. You can carry 4-5 people in most cars and share the cost. they have plenty of time to drive it since they're out 2 weeks for the Christmas holidays. You figure $100 each for gas and $35/day for a shared room and that comes out to about $300/person.
    It's a problem that most folks can work around, but many kids aren't getting out of school until the 21st because of the way Christmas and Jan 1 fell this year.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nice

All everyone needs to know is that our Athletic Director is at fault for the mayhem. He should have planned for this as soon as we were bowl eligible and put some sort of contingency plan in place. If we were only going to send 50 band members he should have came out and been firm in his stance and gave his reasoning behind his decision instead of sitting back and letting this get to the point it has having this negative light shed upon our beloved university. It isn't the president's job to deal with these items as he has other things on his plate to deal with. If we had a competent AD this thread would not exist. Just my opinion.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg34 View Post
    All everyone needs to know is that our Athletic Director is at fault for the mayhem. He should have planned for this as soon as we were bowl eligible and put some sort of contingency plan in place. If we were only going to send 50 band members he should have came out and been firm in his stance and gave his reasoning behind his decision instead of sitting back and letting this get to the point it has having this negative light shed upon our beloved university. It isn't the president's job to deal with these items as he has other things on his plate to deal with. If we had a competent AD this thread would not exist. Just my opinion.
    Considering the band doesn't fall under the purvey of the athletics department, how is the A.D. to blame? He doesn't control their budget or how they spend their money, and isn't responsible for their funding.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Considering the band doesn't fall under the purvey of the athletics department, how is the A.D. to blame? He doesn't control their budget or how they spend their money, and isn't responsible for their funding.
    He is responsible for the overall game atmosphere and how our university is portrayed through athletics. There is a reason he has been in meetings with the groups.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

From which part of the university's budget should we take the money to fund this and the Regal Blues' trip?

At most universities, these particular groups are under athletics and are funded by them. Not here though and that's why these groups have such a hard time when situations such as these arise

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    From which part of the university's budget should we take the money to fund this and the Regal Blues' trip?
    I don't know how recent this athletic budget report is, but looks like a lot of athletic programs help out...
    http://www2.indystar.com/NCAA_financial_reports/

I looked up Texas State, they spent $137k on spirit groups. LSU spent $580k. Then big Texas athletics spent $1mil for the entire year.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Just curious. Why is it that the band not funded under athletics like at a lot of other schools? Is that a Tech decision? A state decision? I guess not if LSU's is under athletics. If it's a Tech budget decision, can it not be changed? Or they just don't want to bother?

I believe the spirit groups were at one time under the athletic dept. Not sure why that changed.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

So, which part of the current athletic budget should we cut to fund this?

+ Reply to Thread