+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Band of Pride Fundraiser

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Band of Pride Fundraiser

Bill Pup60 and Dawg06, can you guys make another thread for your payout discussion? this one is for the band fundraising.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60 View Post
    I hope you're right on the proceeds. On the CollegeFootballpoll.com site their 2011 lineup shows Poinsettia as $500K Payout. It lists the Indy Bowl with a 1.15K payout. I contacted the I Bowl official today and here's what they said about payout..."In response to your questions, our total combined payout is 2.3 million. The payment method varies from conference to conference. Sometimes you pay it to the conference and others prefer you pay it to the school."

So in the case of Indy, the published payout is 1.15 but the actual total which gets divided up is 2.3K.

In any case, we will be very embarrassed if we don't get the entire Pep and support groups there.
    Get ready to be embarrassed again. The entire band is not going. It's embarrassing enough to me that I'm cancelling my plans to attend the game. I'll just buy tickets and watch from home.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Get ready to be embarrassed again. The entire band is not going. It's embarrassing enough to me that I'm cancelling my plans to attend the game. I'll just buy tickets and watch from home.
    Why? If the money is raised, who will nix the whole band going? (I probably know the answer).

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Bill Pup60 and Dawg06, can you guys make another thread for your payout discussion? this one is for the band fundraising.
    I think the payout is related to funding the band to get to the bowl game as it was brought up by the band members. I just don't like incorrect info spewing on our message board.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60 View Post
    I hope you're right on the proceeds. On the CollegeFootballpoll.com site their 2011 lineup shows Poinsettia as $500K Payout. It lists the Indy Bowl with a 1.15K payout. I contacted the I Bowl official today and here's what they said about payout..."In response to your questions, our total combined payout is 2.3 million. The payment method varies from conference to conference. Sometimes you pay it to the conference and others prefer you pay it to the school."

So in the case of Indy, the published payout is 1.15 but the actual total which gets divided up is 2.3K.

In any case, we will be very embarrassed if we don't get the entire Pep and support groups there.
    Correct. Here is a pdf of the bowl payouts for this season released this month from the official Football Bowl Association website: http://footballbowlassociation.com/m...108fbanews.pdf

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

If the money is raised, certainly they'll all go. But do you suppose $150,000 will be raised in two weeks?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Well, at least 2 or 3 more get to go from people on BB&B. Who knows, someone may decide to fund them all.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Re: Tech Administration decides to send only 1/3 of the BOP to the Poinsettia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    Leave the other groups at home if you have to, but get the ENTIRE Band Of Pride there! They do FAR more to add to the game atmosphere than the other spirit groups.
    Totally agree with you....but I don't necessarily advocate for leaving others out....I just want the BoP to be treated appropriately. They put in ridiculous hours throughout the season and contribute a FULL DAY on every gameday, unlike the other groups.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

If the money is raised, certainly they'll all go. But do you suppose $150,000 will be raised in two weeks?
    Last word was that the total amount needed was 20-25k.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Can I have your tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Last word was that the total amount needed was 20-25k.
    Unfortunately, that was either inaccurate or has been reversed. As of this afternoon $150,000 is required and the university (DR) isn't providing a penny beyond what can be pulled from the bowl proceeds.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Can I have your tickets?
    Sure. With the proviso that if a miracle occurs and the entire band goes, I'm going.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Sure. With the proviso that if a miracle occurs and the entire band goes, I'm going.
    Deal!

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Honestly I"m not surprised with any of this. I was in band during my days at Tech and this kind of stuff was normal. Not everyone got to go to everything. When we played at LSU they only took so many people (I happened to be one of them). Typically percussion and brass instruments (trumpets, trombones, tubas, etc.) are first in line to go as they produce more sound than the woodwinds (clarinets, saxaphone, flutes, etc.). The band was then, and now even more so now with the dwindle of state funds, underfunded and does not have alot of finanicial suport from it's alumni. Also Tech is not bringing all of the football players to the bowl either. Roughly 25 players are staying home so I would not expect them to bring all of the band before they brought all the football team. I feel bad for those that will miss out but thats just the way life works out sometimes.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

I do not want to come across as mean, but I am disappointed that our Tech leadership did not make it the priority to get the entire band to the game. For that matter, they should get any spirit group avail to the game. This is one time a case could be made to the alumni to donate that we could actually see the result and know for a fact it is going to a good cause. The Tech fans are ready for the big time. I think maybe the school is not yet. There should be an organized fund rasing effort and I should have already been asked for a donation. I did donate but I had to figure out how. I worry if Tech cannot step up to do this right, how can we possibly expect conferernce alignment to be handled appropriately. This expereince has set my expectations back quite a bit.

+ Reply to Thread