+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Band of Pride Fundraiser

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Re: Tech Administration decides to send only 1/3 of the BOP to the Poinsettia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The band adds to the pageantry of the game day experience. It's part of college football. Stop being cheap Reneau! I'm tired of the bush league-ness.
    +1000 I agree. If we only send 1/3 of the BOP, then are we only going to build 1/3 of the new CAB building? Are we only going to build 1/3 of the new enterprise campus?? Ok I realize it is not the same, but DR seems to not want to spare any expense when it comes to academic things, and this bowl game could have a huge impact on future giving by future dawgs, current alumni, and casual fans living in and around NLA.

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar

Re: Tech Administration decides to send only 1/3 of the BOP to the Poinsettia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    How many times are we going to go through this? How much $$ do they need? Is it any wonder I can't afford to go! I give all my damn money to Tech. I'm in. What do they need and when do they need it?
    Dawgmatic, I told you I only posted a little......well its when crap like this comes up. I'll stay here in order to help our band and spirit groups go....I sure hope dr. reneau and bvd have a great trip while the rest of us try to get our band and spirit groups there.....

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    How much would it cost to bus 100 people from Ruston to San Diego? Would they also need a room and food? If they money can be raised, would they be able to play with the rest of the BOP?

I was able to get to Reno because of the generosity of other people. It was one of the best experiences of my life. Google maps says it's a 26 hour drive. Even if we can't get 100 there, we can add to the 50. If this gets organized, I'm in.
    Below of an index of Shreveport charter bus companies with rates per day & per mile. For mileage calculations, it is roughly 1,612 miles (26 hours) from Ruston to San Diego according to Google Earth.

If 100 members of the BOP needs to travel by bus, two (maybe three) buses might be able to do the job. For the entire BOP, three (maybe four) buses should be sufficient for the job.

http://www.busrates.com/buses/BusRes...a&c=Shreveport

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

I thought Bruce was an AD at a AQ school before he came to Tech??? He needs to tell Dan what we need to do and also tell the us what $ he needs. If Dykes leaves I sure as hell hope somehow Bruce goes with him.

Varsity Bulldog B.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of light

Wasn't it Reneau that said, "Athletics is the window through which your University is viewed" (or something like that). Let's make sure that when everyone is watching, we go all in aka 33%.

Bulldog jhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nice

Just so everybody knows; we sent 70 to the Ole Miss game. Afterwards, the band and I personally got very positive feedback. While the team was coming out of the stadium the band was there to play for them and tell them what a great game they played. I remember Colby Cameron came by and me and my friend told him great game; he came over, shook our hands, and told us how much he appreciated us being there and called us "the best band in town". Now, a little more than 2 weeks later, Tech's administration says we have to take 50 less people to one of the biggest games in recent Tech history.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    I thought Bruce was an AD at a AQ school before he came to Tech??? He needs to tell Dan what we need to do and also tell the us what $ he needs. If Dykes leaves I sure as hell hope somehow Bruce goes with him.
    BVDV isn't the problem. He wants the entire band to go. DR is not working to secure the funds. It would cost about $1,000 per band member to take the entire band (+/- $150,000). Currently seeking about $100,000.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by B.Y.O.C.B. View Post
    Wasn't it Reneau that said, "Athletics is the window through which your University is viewed" (or something like that). Let's make sure that when everyone is watching, we go all in aka 33%.
    Everybody quit bitching, let's find out what it costs to send'em, and let's have a fund raiser. Damn, it's just that simple. Quit TYPING and go to work!!!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    BVDV isn't the problem. He wants the entire band to go. DR is not working to secure the funds. It would cost about $1,000 per band member to take the entire band (+/- $150,000). Currently seeking about $100,000.
    I can't really afford to spend the money, but I'm in for $1000.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I got a PM from Dogtor Evil and Genpoop. They want to co-sponor one of our skin flute players.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I got a PM from Dogtor Evil and Genpoop. They want to co-sponor one of our skin flute players.
    We'd sponsor you but I think that technically would be a skin-kazoo
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Bush league. What are we going to do next - have car washes and sell candy bars outside of wal Mart like a youth soccer team?

Every time I think about upping my contributions after something good happens, these guys do something so dumb.

Antoine-Dodson-So-Dumb-for-Real.jpg

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    We'd sponsor you but I think that technically would be a skin-kazoo
    Y'all are killing me. First Maddawg made me snort jambalaya up my nose and now I spit on my computer scree with this comeback, I laughed so hard. Have I told y'all lately how much I love y'all?
    S

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Tough to one up a gahy Texan.:bigcry:

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Damn. This crap gets embarrassing. I wish I could say I expected different.

I am in to help them get there.

COME ON RENEAU, GET WITH THE PROGRAM OR GET OUT OF THE WAY.

+ Reply to Thread