+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rick Neuheisel Quote

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Rick Neuheisel Quote

Did anyone else notice his quote today? One of the problems he saw with the UCLA job was funding apparently. He said........

"As a program, you have to set your goals. Then you have to fund them."

What do you think of that quote in relation to our program?? How have we done as far as setting goals? How have we done in the area of realizing what it will take financially? Do you think our admin really understands how much money it takes to get where we think they want us to go? Is the lack of funding for spirit groups and other sports just that, a lack of funding? Is it a lack of vision and goals? I know we have brushed this in the past. I just think it is interesting that even at a "major" university, they may have the same issues.

Just curious.................

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rick Neuheisel Quote

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Did anyone else notice his quote today? One of the problems he saw with the UCLA job was funding apparently. He said........

"As a program, you have to set your goals. Then you have to fund them."

What do you think of that quote in relation to our program?? How have we done as far as setting goals? How have we done in the area of realizing what it will take financially? Do you think our admin really understands how much money it takes to get where we think they want us to go? Is the lack of funding for spirit groups and other sports just that, a lack of funding? Is it a lack of vision and goals? I know we have brushed this in the past. I just think it is interesting that even at a "major" university, they may have the same issues.

Just curious.................
    The same issues at a much, much, much higher level.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Yeah their funding blows ours away but for their level their funding/facilities are not good. I heard a few national radio guys comment on it this year. Goes back to the old saying "recruits want STUFF" well most of the other PAC12 schools have better stuff than UCLA.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we deal with this type of problem in more than just sports and it goes much further around Ruston than just at Tech. I try to help out with the military museum when I can. The director of the museum has pretty well run out of people in this area to solicit for funds. He does still get some surprise donations, one from Malone recently I believe. However, as a town and university, I think we lack the drive and vision to reach outside of our comfort zone/coverage area for additional funding. Seems to me, when something like that comes out when a coach is let go after several years, it is an issue that goes much higher than the coach himself. How hard is it to get rid of the fat at the top that is dragging any forward progress, or attempts to advance, down?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I think we deal with this type of problem in more than just sports and it goes much further around Ruston than just at Tech. I try to help out with the military museum when I can. The director of the museum has pretty well run out of people in this area to solicit for funds. He does still get some surprise donations, one from Malone recently I believe. However, as a town and university, I think we lack the drive and vision to reach outside of our comfort zone/coverage area for additional funding. Seems to me, when something like that comes out when a coach is let go after several years, it is an issue that goes much higher than the coach himself. How hard is it to get rid of the fat at the top that is dragging any forward progress, or attempts to advance, down?
    It's not hard at all if there's a desire to do so. IMO there's at least $1mm a year in salaries and benefits being spent on prototypical "yes men" at Tech.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    It's not hard at all if there's a desire to do so. IMO there's at least $1mm a year in salaries and benefits being spent on prototypical "yes men" at Tech.
    How many seats are they taking up on the flight to San Diego?

+ Reply to Thread