+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captains moving to Laredo...

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

Captains moving to Laredo...

Who will miss 'em ? I saw this coming two years ago - this is sad in a way. Now Shreveport / Bossier has NADA. The "casual fan" in this area really supports not very much. Well, the Wal-Mart and Tinseltown I guess. When a community loses it's pride in it's own accomplishments and relishes in more in the accomplishments of what other cities have done - that's kinda sad.

Something very special is being built in Ruston and I 'm now part of it. I've tried since 1974 to build something nice in Shreveport / Bossier, but I did not know what I was up against....Apathy and lots of it. I've seen more enthusiaism in Ruston over the last 3 years than I've ever seen in those 35 years. Go Dawgs ! The fans are really trying to make this work. We've just set the record for attendance in the schools history for football...if I heard Dave right.
    Last edited by cberg; 11-29-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Clarifications...

Varsity Bulldog Fahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Fahqueue's Avatar

Re: Captains moving to Laredo...

no more Battlewings
    no more Mudbugs
    no more Captains

WTF?!?

Now I know why SBC doesn't have a dedicated sports radio community

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

Fahqueue - it really goes deeper than anyone can imagine. Many owners have wanted to place something here because they saw potential of adding to communities quality of life, giving people something nice to do and the potential to be apart of a growing community. Why would any investor bring anything to this area after our track record over the last 35 years...The Mudbugs had the hardest and best fans of all over the last 14 years and some great owners to boot...but in the end APATHY raised it's ugly head despite it's devoted fans of 3,000 who tried to save it. I have thrown in the towel on any other sports venture in Shreveport !

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Isn't the Captains a baseball team?

yes - it's about how one area supports something (LA. Tech) and is proud of what they are about and the other that has no clue !

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I heard a while back the caps were gone, but we'd have a collegiate summer team

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

Mr cberg, I agree with your overall lament of apathy and lack of support in the Shreveport communiity, but before you get too carried away...if Ruston was sold out to La Tech other than another school you'd pack the Joe every week...the lack of even 1/2 of Ruston being solid behind the dawgs is a big part of tech's problem...disagree all you want, but I've been around Ruston long enough to know and see a lot of "t-shirt' buyers oer there that don't find Tech 'cool' enough...granted the lack of consistency by athletics hasn't helped, but it's certainly been an issue....

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Next up: The indy bowl

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post

Absolutely! Especially when the "less than intelligent CEO didn't include us as a contigiency in their agreements with the ACC & Mtn. West. TCU or Boise cannot play there every year. Air Force was a joke last year & will probably be invited back this year.

Varsity Bulldog Fahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Fahqueue's Avatar

the projected matchups for the Jewella Jamboree are less than spectacular
    Wyoming/Air Force/Iowa State(?NBC) vs Wake Forest
    SDSU vs North Carolina

the stadium is still in drastic need of improvement and the playing surface is a joke. I'm assuming it is because of the Fair Grounds that the I-Bowl hasn't been demolished yet

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fahqueue View Post
    the projected matchups for the Jewella Jamboree are less than spectacular
    Wyoming/Air Force/Iowa State(?NBC) vs Wake Forest
    SDSU vs North Carolina

the stadium is still in drastic need of improvement and the playing surface is a joke. I'm assuming it is because of the Fair Grounds that the I-Bowl hasn't been demolished yet
    The iBowl replaced the playing surface last year.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Yuuup

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg74 View Post
    Mr cberg, I agree with your overall lament of apathy and lack of support in the Shreveport communiity, but before you get too carried away...if Ruston was sold out to La Tech other than another school you'd pack the Joe every week...the lack of even 1/2 of Ruston being solid behind the dawgs is a big part of tech's problem...disagree all you want, but I've been around Ruston long enough to know and see a lot of "t-shirt' buyers oer there that don't find Tech 'cool' enough...granted the lack of consistency by athletics hasn't helped, but it's certainly been an issue....
    Are you really comparing S'Ports lack of support for sports teams to Ruston's lack of support for Tech? We can always use more out of Ruston folks, but the business and especially RCVB has come a long way in the past several years.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Shreveport/Bossier will not support a sports team of any kind. When I lived there most of the people thought they were "Dallas East" so they supported everything Dallas.

The city has no identity.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Shreveport/Bossier will not support a sports team of any kind. When I lived there most of the people thought they were "Dallas East" so they supported everything Dallas.

The city has no identity.

Exactly. That's why they think the team in Baton Rouge is their team and why they try to copy Madis Gras and complain when people get drunk at the parades.

+ Reply to Thread