+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LSU, ULL may partner for 3 year MD program

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

LSU, ULL may partner for 3 year MD program

http://content.usatoday.net/dist/cus...38065529.story

I don't know how I should feel about this.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LSU, ULL may partner for 3 year MD program

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    http://content.usatoday.net/dist/cus...38065529.story

I don't know how I should feel about this.
    I can tell you I don't like it. If I were a ULL fan I would though.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

"Bruder said students in the program would receive an LSU degree, but UL will provide office, class and lab spaces in addition to nearly a dozen faculty members, mostly from the biology department, who will teach classes specifically designed for this program. She said some of the offices, classrooms and labs will be located in UL's research park, which includes the LITE center and Abdalla Hall among other facilities in the area near the intersection of Cajundome Boulevard and West Congress Street."

More info here:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20111202/NEWS01/112020319/LSU-UL-may-partner-three-year-MD-program

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/...-UL-Med-School

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Congrats to ULL, we need to get the LSUS/LSUHSC deal going ASAP! Even though it's Primary Care only and is actually a lsu degree it still is not good for Tech.

Varsity Bulldog Festus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really nice

{Taking off my Tech cap} This is good, anything that puts more PCP's into the field is good for the state. The articles state that the program will only be for "in-state" students...I wonder if their will be any incentives to keep them in LA and not move out of the state. Congrats to ULL Good luck to them with this program.

{Puts on Tech cap} We'd still crush them on the field.

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

Will the teachers be paid by LSU when teaching these classes, and then ULL for the rest of their day? This seems odd. You have ULL classrooms, staff, resources, and lab space for an LSU degree. I guess ULL must be getting a lot of money for doing this. To me it just seems like a "We own you" move by LSU.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The students would have an lsu degree. I would want no part of that. The last thing we need to be doing is partnering with lsu and students coming out of Tech classrooms with lsu degrees. That is horrible!

Yes, I would love to get the med school in Shreveport, but only with students coming out with a Tech degree - or a partnership that allows Tech biomed and nanotech students to go there and come out with their Tech degree.

ull accepted a BAD deal IMHO

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The students would have an lsu degree. I would want no part of that. The last thing we need to be doing is partnering with lsu and students coming out of Tech classrooms with lsu degrees. That is horrible!

Yes, I would love to get the med school in Shreveport, but only with students coming out with a Tech degree - or a partnership that allows Tech biomed and nanotech students to go there and come out with their Tech degree.

100% agreement

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

What a bunch of suckers! I hope we never give out lsu degrees on our campus.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Guess we need to send an email to the AP to proof read material sent down the line from the Lafayette area.

At first I didn't realize the UL system had an acting provost (Carolyn Bruder, UL's interim provost and vice president of academic affairs").

Even though the story had University of Louisiana at Lafayette in first reference, thereafter they referred to the institution as "UL."

Totally unacceptable.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Guess we need to send an email to the AP to proof read material sent down the line from the Lafayette area.

At first I didn't realize the UL system had an acting provost (Carolyn Bruder, UL's interim provost and vice president of academic affairs").

Even though the story had University of Louisiana at Lafayette in first reference, thereafter they referred to the institution as "UL."

Totally unacceptable.
    Wait, doesn't "UL" in this case mean University of Lafayette?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

This! No way in hell I would want Tech to have any part in something like this.

+ Reply to Thread