+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much longer...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: How much longer...

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    Champ
    I hope you're right, but it is getting difficult to watch.
    I agree......... Last night was horrible..... I am keeping my head up, though. I know too many that won't be able to do that and am not even reading the other threads. No need.... I already feel bad enough about last night.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    No, we have not hit rock bottom. We did play terrible last night, though. Rock bottom was a few years ago when Spoon came in and saved the Techsters from what would have been rock bottom. I get tired of saying that we will get it together. Haven't posted about this game, but USU was picked second by most in the conference - not Fresno. They were on fire last night and we played poorly. It will turn around, though...... Have some faith, even when it looks hopeless........ We are in a funk, but it will take one break out game and we will be ready again. Remember, this is just one conference game..... USU, Fresno, Nevada, nor us will be undefeated this year in conference. Besides, none of us are going to the NCAA's without winning the WAC tournament. We will have one representative. Any loss should be a learning opportunity. I won't give up!!!!!!!!!! So, many of you (and this certainly is NOT directed at you Exit) can make fun of my optimism, but I got a feeling about this team. They are struggling with chemistry and confidence right now. Everything I have seen can be fixed. I have faith that we will get it fixed and turn this boat around..........
    Since Champ isn't reading any negative posts since they are so upsetting, I'll go ahead and respond to this one. Revisionist history is a dangerous thing. Spoon did not "come in and save the Techsters." Wow.

Spoon was an assistant to a failed coach in Long. What has she done to "save" the program? The program is in WORSE shape now than when Long was here. You may argue your opinion all you want, but EMOTIONAL responses do not stand up to the FACTS.

There is a difference between negativity and reality. And there is a difference between positivity and denial. The program is the lowest it has ever been. The FACTS show that this program is in worse shape than when Long was here. You can dance around it all you want, but it doesn't change it. Spoon's interviews and quotes over the past few weeks have demonstrated a scattered, disorganized and defensive posture. The Techsters are not even the best of the worst teams in the country.

How much additional decline will equal "rock bottom?" Does the season have to end with a losing record and no post-season appearance at all for it to be declared "rock bottom?"

I like Spoon. Big fan. Always will be. She's an amazing athlete who has accomplished great things in her career. Her star power does not translate to great coaching, and those who hold on to what she meant to the program in the past are ignoring the reality of the FACTS that the program is an embarrassment at this point. Spoon can throw around cliches and pump her fists and show emotion and for some that is enough to demonstrate that she is a great coach. For others, it is a sad state of affairs that the program is being allowed to slide further into the "oh they were big in the 80's" category while the rest of the wbb world realizes that TODAY is what matters, not what happened 20-30 years ago.

I'm saying it: Spoon needs to go for the sake of the program.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    I'm saying it: Spoon needs to go for the sake of the program.
    As much as I might agree with that, it's not going to happen unless she resigns....and we know that will never happen.

It makes the move that Tech got approved in the October 27, 2011, Board of Supervisors meeting look more stupid now....

Louisiana Tech University’s request for approval of a contractual agreement between Head Women’s Basketball Coach Teresa Weatherspoon, Louisiana Tech University, and the Louisiana Tech University Foundation for the period July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2016.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Yeah contract extension was a dumb move by bvdv...

Today's basketball landscape dictates you have to have a coach with a system for offense and defense. Techsters still seem like 5 disorganized players...not a team.

Spoon has desire, heart, passion...but what about a system?

Varsity Bulldog eddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really nice eddawgfan's Avatar

No, we have not hit rock bottom. We did play terrible last night, though. Rock bottom was a few years ago when Spoon came in and saved the Techsters from what would have been rock bottom. I get tired of saying that we will get it together. Haven't posted about this game, but USU was picked second by most in the conference - not Fresno. They were on fire last night and we played poorly. It will turn around, though...... Have some faith, even when it looks hopeless........ We are in a funk, but it will take one break out game and we will be ready again. Remember, this is just one conference game..... USU, Fresno, Nevada, nor us will be undefeated this year in conference. Besides, none of us are going to the NCAA's without winning the WAC tournament. We will have one representative. Any loss should be a learning opportunity. I won't give up!!!!!!!!!! So, many of you (and this certainly is NOT directed at you Exit) can make fun of my optimism, but I got a feeling about this team. They are struggling with chemistry and confidence right now. Everything I have seen can be fixed. I have faith that we will get it fixed and turn this boat around..........
    I always enjoy reading your post champion110. You seem to be able to put into words what I am thinking/hoping! I continue to be a season ticket holder and Lady Techster fan and am so hoping you are right! I am holding on to hope and your post help me to do so! But dang, it is getting hard to stay positive especially after last night's game! Ugh!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eddawgfan View Post
    I always enjoy reading your post champion110. You seem to be able to put into words what I am thinking/hoping! I continue to be a season ticket holder and Lady Techster fan and am so hoping you are right! I am holding on to hope and your post help me to do so! But dang, it is getting hard to stay positive especially after last night's game! Ugh!
    If it is any consolation, I had a hard time last night too......

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Perhaps where you work you can arrive at conclusions and make decisions based upon how you feel. I never had that opportunity. Always had to try to operate based on the facts as they became available. At this point, the facts do not support your feelings. I hope that you are right, and maybe every organization needs at least one person with a "Pollyanna optimism." Champion110 you carry that burden on this board. However, I encourage you to expose yourself to the facts so that you can properly measure your degree of optimism.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

We have a lot of problems and they start with spoon. She needs to coach on the sidelines and stop with the temper tantrums.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    Have the Lady Techsters hit rock bottom?
    No but it is coming up fast...

This program is in shambles
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog DawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really nice

We are way more disorganized now that Daron Parks moved on to Cal. She needs a strong organized assistant head coach in my opinion. I think he was a vital cog in our success after witnessing the start to this season.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Perhaps where you work you can arrive at conclusions and make decisions based upon how you feel. I never had that opportunity. Always had to try to operate based on the facts as they became available. At this point, the facts do not support your feelings. I hope that you are right, and maybe every organization needs at least one person with a "Pollyanna optimism." Champion110 you carry that burden on this board. However, I encourage you to expose yourself to the facts so that you can properly measure your degree of optimism.
    My job depends on reading the future of healthcare in this country - not an easy task, but we are doing VERY well in making changes and adjustments that have worked. Sports predictions are a little different, though. You have to combine facts and emotion - it is a game. Also, if anyone knows more facts about the Techsters, I bow to them. I haven't seen that from the ones that are talking JUST about emotion when dissing Spoon.

We all want the best for the Techsters and, YES, I do hope she gets an Assistant soon - not because she isn't doing a good job, but because one person down on staff is not good for any team. There is more to her not having an assistant than just Spoon deciding that, though.

As for the temper, I don't remember anyone complaining about Barmore's temper. Temper is not what loses games. We needed fire from our HC and we got it. Now, because of a rough spot in a long road, we want to point to that as a reason???????????????? That is just beyond ridiculous.......

If the faithful will hold on, you will see that we will begin to get this together soon. Give up easy and you will end up with nothing. Stay for the ride and you will end up with everything.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I am just HOPING we can somehow, by hook or crook, end up with an overall winning season. I'd take 16-15 right now, or whatever. Last vestige of the once great program, never have had a losing season, not even a .500 season. Once that's gone, it's all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I am just HOPING we can somehow, by hook or crook, end up with an overall winning season. I'd take 16-15 right now, or whatever. Last vestige of the once great program, never have had a losing season, not even a .500 season. Once that's gone, it's all gone.
    No faith......... We will be much stronger than a winning season...... Wait and watch.......

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I say Spoon deserves two more years.

That said, there's a lot in this thread I either agree with or completely understand what's been expressed. Such as philgarris "lack of effort" problem, LFR's "coach's responsibility to recruit and instill work ethic and motivation", DawgUSN's "way more disorganized", FFA's "worst ever conference loss" and "loss of relevancy." Y'all, we HAVE totally lost relevancy on the national level, not just this year but over several. That is a fact. We haven't descended to "rock bottom" yet, but we can see it from here. It ought to send shivers down our spine.

I believe Spoon can fix all this, but is is taking inexplicably longer than any of us hoped or expected. Remember, while some of may have referred to this year's team as "young" it is not!! 5 of the arguably top 6 players in terms of time played are seniors, most of them recruited by Long. Spoon hasn't gotten her players dominating the team yet.Two of her recruits did play with fire and desire Saturday, Brittany Hardy and Whitney Frazier. Hardy wanted the ball, chased whacko after loose balls, CLEARLY STOOD OUT in her effort and played historic Lady Techster basketball. Frazier is an aggressive rebounder and will be a legendary Techster. I like what I've seen in freshman Hayes and Andrews and Langston, and Jelena has had some awesome games. Anderson has it in her. These are Spoon's recruits and she alone is responsible for what they bring into the program and how that talent and fire develops. It's on Spoon. Add to that the 2010 recruits such a Lulu Perry and transfers Kelia Shelton and Maryam Dogo plus the others and we have a Spoon team. Note what Dogo said about coming to Tech, "I chose Louisiana Tech because of the passion that coach Weatherspoon has for the game of basketball," Dogo said. "Where I'm from, everyone loves Teresa Weatherspoon and would love to play for her. I love the way she'll fall on the floor or do other crazy things." Maybe I'm usually "assistant Pollyanna" here but I see awesome things ahead.

I hope our seniors will give it their all and end their careers with pride and dignity and a winning season. I believe they will. What's happened this season I don't know. Last year the same team (minus Johnson) was 15 - 1 in conference. I'll really miss a lot of the seniors and hope they'll keep our legacy going.

So, two more years fos Spoon, plus a chance to save this season for the entire team. I've missed 3 home games in 5 years, and I want to see Spoon on our sideline for another 20, but the next two years will prove what Spoon can do.

GO LADY TECHSTERS.
    Last edited by Russdawg; 01-16-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    I say Spoon deserves two more years.

That said, there's a lot in this thread I either agree with or completely understand what's been expressed. Such as philgarris "lack of effort" problem, LFR's "coach's responsibility to recruit and instill work ethic and motivation", DawgUSN's "way more disorganized", FFA's "worst ever conference loss" and "loss of relevancy." Y'all, we HAVE totally lost relevancy on the national level, not just this year but over several. That is a fact. We haven't descended to "rock bottom" yet, but we can see it from here. It ought to send shivers down our spine.

I believe Spoon can fix all this, but is is taking inexplicably longer than any of us hoped or expected. Remember, while some of may have referred to this year's team as "young" it is not!! 5 of the arguably top 6 players in terms of time played are seniors, most of them recruited by Long. Spoon hasn't gotten her players dominating the team yet.Two of her recruits did play with fire and desire Saturday, Brittany Hardy and Whitney Frazier. Hardy wanted the ball, chased whacko after loose balls, CLEARLY STOOD OUT in her effort and played historic Lady Techster basketball. Frazier is an aggressive rebounder and will be a legendary Techster. I like what I've seen in freshman Hayes and Andrews and Langston, and Jelena has had some awesome games. Anderson has it in her. These are Spoon's recruits and she alone is responsible for what they bring into the program and how that talent and fire develops. It's on Spoon. Add to that the 2010 recruits such a Lulu Perry and transfers Kelia Shelton and Maryam Dogo plus the others and we have a Spoon team. Note what Dogo said about coming to Tech, "I chose Louisiana Tech because of the passion that coach Weatherspoon has for the game of basketball," Dogo said. "Where I'm from, everyone loves Teresa Weatherspoon and would love to play for her. I love the way she'll fall on the floor or do other crazy things." Maybe I'm usually "assistant Pollyanna" here but I see awesome things ahead.

I hope our seniors will give it their all and end their careers with pride and dignity and a winning season. I believe they will. What's happened this season I don't know. Last year the same team (minus Johnson) was 15 - 1 in conference. I'll really miss a lot of the seniors and hope they'll keep our legacy going.

So, two more years fos Spoon, plus a chance to save this season for the entire team. I've missed 3 home games in 5 years, and I want to see Spoon on our sideline for another 20, but the next two years will prove what Spoon can do.

GO LADY TECHSTERS.
    Don't forget the two awesome recruits recently signed.......

+ Reply to Thread