+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LHSAA Idiots

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: LHSAA Idiots

2009....rain? I'll say!

Did affect attendance:

Raider_fans_dome.jpg

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    2009....rain? I'll say!

Did affect attendance:

Attachment 8411
    I realize your Raider fans showed. 2009 was their excuse for doing away with TV. There's an old thread somewhere with a quote from the LHSAA about poor attendance due to TV. I went ballistic two years ago and called BS then. Some friends and allies of K.H. believe his BS and vote as he tells them.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Actually, I was agreeing with ya. That was no ordinary rain...it was a mega storm that flooded streets. It was serious weather, and it stopped hundreds of Raider fans from making it to the Dome. Some tried, but the police had already barricaded streets due to flooding. Many of us were there cuz we beat the worst of the storm by going early to watch the other games that afternoon.

So, it was NOT live TV coverage, but a serious and dangerous storm that impacted attendance, which still reached 30K+ as I recall.

In fact, we didn't even realize how bad it had gotten until we were on our way home and saw all the cars stranded on the medians, many flooded out and unable to start.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Yes, it's an inconvenience, but they don't have much choice. They need to sell more tickets. If not, the reward of playing in the Dome won't last much longer.
    Ask Henderson what they do with the money from ticket sales. The teams that go to the dome lose money. My guess is they use this windfall to pay the note on the new LHSAA headquarters they didn't need.

LHSAA idiots prohibit radio interviews w/coaches after games. What a bunch of morons!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

. . . and as soon as the trophy is handed out and the teams go off to their lockers, the Superdome Patrol starts telling fans to get the hell out of there.

One plus of not having live TV (if there was one) was the game ended at a decent hour.

The LHSAA limits access to the sideline somewhat, but there are still too many jock-sniffers on the sidelines who get through the cracks.:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Well, first, congrats to all five champions....well done!

Next, I hate to see negative commentary about high school football. Not saying some of it isn't warranted. For me....HS football has been an important part of my life. As a kid, my Dad took me to see every Holy Cross game at Tad Gormley Stadium. My Dad played RB for the HC Tigers, 1942-43 starter. Remember the heated rivalries with Cor Jesu, St. Alyosius (sp?), Catholic High (BR) and Bogalousa (sp?) Also, other NO schools like Warren Easton an De La Salle, which were powerhouses back then. It was "magical" for a 6, 7, 8 yr old, etc... like me. And to think that my Dad once played for Holy Cross. It was bigger than life to an impressionable youngster.

Then, my older brother (3 years my senior) entered Rummel and our family began the switch to rooting for the Raiders. Then, I went to Rummel..

Beyond that, I love to see locally the pride that fans wear the school colors: Natch Central, St. Mary's, Lakeview, Montgomery, the Red River Bulldogs, Many, etc... when a school is in the state playoffs, fans turn out in droves to support the teams. ALL POSITIVE....the way it should be.

I hope that all involved with HS sports do not lose sight of what is really important: fair competition, school spirit, PRIDE!

A personal aside, just from a personal experience, in Jr High we were beating the snot out of a team, and after another TD, making it 52-0, that team's cheerleaders, and fans, began chanting: "That's all right, that's okay, We're gonna beat you anyway!" Now....how can you impune that kind of optimism? It stuck with me all these years. I admired their spirit! And, it's what HS sports is suppose to encompass, ALL POSITIVE.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I said WM's defense would have to improve phenomenally after that opening season Byrd loss. Not only did they improve each week. They won a championship. The offense was there just for show, apparently.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I said WM's defense would have to improve phenomenally after that opening season Byrd loss. Not only did they improve each week. They won a championship. The offense was there just for show, apparently.
    West Monroe's offense did everything they could to keep Carencro in the game. Six fumbles and lost 4 of them!

Eight is great though!

[QUOTE=dawg80;1176305]

Next, I hate to see negative commentary about high school football. Not saying some of it isn't warranted[QUOTE]

Nothing prohibit you from starting a positive thread in this section.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

The LHSAA limits access to the sideline somewhat, but there are still too many jock-sniffers on the sidelines who get through the cracks.:icon_wink:
    More corruption. Just pay the right person enough money and you get on the sideline.

[QUOTE=maddawg;1176422][QUOTE=dawg80;1176305]

Next, I hate to see negative commentary about high school football. Not saying some of it isn't warranted

Nothing prohibit you from starting a positive thread in this section.
    You missed my point. I'm not saying y'alls criticism of the LHSAA is not warranted. Just that I WISH they would do the right thing so such threads weren't necessary. And not just the LHSAA, but school boards, school admins, coaches, parents, sponsors....ALL of 'em keep in mind what's really important. And you know what....I think most do.

[QUOTE=dawg80;1176468][QUOTE=maddawg;1176422]

Next, I hate to see negative commentary about high school football. Not saying some of it isn't warranted

You missed my point. I'm not saying y'alls criticism of the LHSAA is not warranted. Just that I WISH they would do the right thing so such threads weren't necessary. And not just the LHSAA, but school boards, school admins, coaches, parents, sponsors....ALL of 'em keep in mind what's really important. And you know what....I think most do.
    The problem with the LHSAA is the structure. There is zero accountability. The last LHSAA president was proven corrupt, but it was swept under the rug. We've always has a hand full of officials who get wined and dined, feel important, but have ZERO regard for what is actually best for the kids. The whole time they say EVERYTHING they do is for the kids. These people are worse than politicians.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=maddawg;1176471][QUOTE=dawg80;1176468]
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

The problem with the LHSAA is the structure. There is zero accountability. The last LHSAA president was proven corrupt, but it was swept under the rug. We've always has a hand full of officials who get wined and dined, feel important, but have ZERO regard for what is actually best for the kids. The whole time they say EVERYTHING they do is for the kids. These people are worse than politicians.
    So true! You expect that from politicians but not from you school administrators. Except maybe the Monroe City School System!

PA on the MBS field is not that great to my ears it sounded like the LHSAA announced overall attence at 40,000+.

[QUOTE=LABulldog;1176474][QUOTE=maddawg;1176471]

So true! You expect that from politicians but not from you school administrators. Except maybe the Monroe City School System!
    Speaking of Monroe City School System, do you see a familiar name on this list?

http://lhsaa.org/uploads/forms/pdf/D...airpersons.pdf

These are the people who allow the LHSAA to dominate La. high school sports. They allow a few ( http://lhsaa.org/about/staff/)to make a fortune off the backs of these kids.

+ Reply to Thread