+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NELA Football

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

Re: NELA Football

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Parents of WM kids say so.

Is it too much to ask that WM have someone on staff who knows all the ins and outs of the NCAA Clearinghouse?
    Don't know about WM, but I do know that Bastrop has this type of person listed as a coach. When I was attending BHS, Nelson Boggs (presently at OPHS) was in charge of keeping all the student-athletes qualified to play, help prepare the student-athletes for the ACT, and make sure that the student-athletes were taking the right classes to get through the Clearinghouse. He was also the Tennis coach. As a side note, it is believed that Boggs is the one person who tipped the LHSAA off about the violations that Bastrop committed in 2005. He left at the end of football season that year and went to Ouachita, who is also believed to be the school that turned Bastrop in to LHSAA.

Now this position belongs to Danny McMillan, the golf coach.

I don't know much about Don Shows, but I do know that Bradshaw was able to help many more kids into college than Shows ever has. They might not all be SEC schools, or even FBS schools, but its still making it to another level and a free ride. From what I've gathered, unless its a 5-star recruit at WM, they aren't going to get much help from the Don-Don. Plus, he's too busy out looking at recruits of his own to worry about players that aren't eligible.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Guys, we can get much better talent than Laird.
    Laird is special...Special..hands down one of the most it players I have watched since doing this.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Laird is special...Special..hands down one of the most it players I have watched since doing this.
    And is not an FBS player.....

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    And is not an FBS player.....
    May not be. But I think he is better than some of the guys who have played the position at tech in the last few years. And while I think about it I disagree. Have seen him go up against FBS players all the time and saw him dominate. Go back to last year Bradley Sylve Alabama WR 4 star non factor against Laird. LSU safety from White Castle dominated last year by Laird. I also think we should be looking at Ricky Wyatt at Neville.

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

May not be. But I think he is better than some of the guys who have played the position at tech in the last few years. And while I think about it I disagree. Have seen him go up against FBS players all the time and saw him dominate. Go back to last year Bradley Sylve Alabama WR 4 star non factor against Laird. LSU safety from White Castle dominated last year by Laird. I also think we should be looking at Ricky Wyatt at Neville.
    I agree with you on all counts. Laird is a special kid. High character, good grades, and has a desire to play. Sounds a lot like Hunter Lee to me. I think that he isn't getting any looks because (A) skin color for his position, (B) school size. Someone said earlier that the bigger teams they have played against weren't any good. Some of those teams also played against Bastrop, a decent (would have been ~18 seed in 4A if not for the postseason ban) team this year. For example, Rayville beat Bastrop, and Bastrop had to score a late touchdown to beat F.P. I said all season that if Bastrop had to play OCS, it would be a rough night (they probably would have hung 50 on Bastrop early in the season).

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Why would we not recruit Ricky Wyatt?

Quote Originally Posted by jellidawg View Post
    I agree with you on all counts. Laird is a special kid. High character, good grades, and has a desire to play. Sounds a lot like Hunter Lee to me. I think that he isn't getting any looks because (A) skin color for his position, (B) school size. Someone said earlier that the bigger teams they have played against weren't any good. Some of those teams also played against Bastrop, a decent (would have been ~18 seed in 4A if not for the postseason ban) team this year. For example, Rayville beat Bastrop, and Bastrop had to score a late touchdown to beat F.P. I said all season that if Bastrop had to play OCS, it would be a rough night (they probably would have hung 50 on Bastrop early in the season).
    OCS would have beaten everyone up here except WM, Neville and Ouachita imo.

OCS would have beaten everyone up here except WM, Neville and Ouachita imo.
    Personally, I think that OCS could have hung with Neville for 1.5-2 quarters. That's when the size and depth of a 4A state champ squad would take over.

+ Reply to Thread