+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tebow!

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Re: Tebow!

This isn't about God and Tebow and people that make it that way should stop. He played well today. The Broncos also played well. The Steelers did not. Someone gonna tell me that the Steelers don't believe in GOD or any other team that plays the Tebow lead Broncos.... PLEASE.

I like Tebow and GOD as I said in another post, but if we start believing GOD plays a roll in his winning, then shouldn't he win EVERYTIME out. AND shouldn't he win every Super Bowl until the day he retires...if GOD is on his side.

AND for those who think I am mocking GOD or bashing Tebow, nothing could be further from the truth. He had the game today. Can he do it again next week against the Patriots...maybe so, maybe not. God won't have anything to do with it. I'm sure he (God) has other things on his mind rather than an NFL game. The Broncos and the Patriots will.

Truth is the Broncos outplayed the Steelers today. Good for the Broncos and Tebow. End of any lesson and surmon. NO MOCKING intended.

I went to church today as I have the majority of my 46 years I've been on this earth and yes I believe the same thing Tebow does about my savior, just don't believe he plays a roll in football games being won or lost.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    This isn't about God and Tebow and people that make it that way should stop. He played well today. The Broncos also played well. The Steelers did not. Someone gonna tell me that the Steelers don't believe in GOD or any other team that plays the Tebow lead Broncos.... PLEASE.

I like Tebow and GOD as I said in another post, but if we start believing GOD plays a roll in his winning, then shouldn't he win EVERYTIME out. AND shouldn't he win every Super Bowl until the day he retires...if GOD is on his side.

AND for those who think I am mocking GOD or bashing Tebow, nothing could be further from the truth. He had the game today. Can he do it again next week against the Patriots...maybe so, maybe not. God won't have anything to do with it. I'm sure he (God) has other things on his mind rather than an NFL game. The Broncos and the Patriots will.

Truth is the Broncos outplayed the Steelers today. Good for the Broncos and Tebow. End of any lesson and surmon. NO MOCKING intended.

I went to church today as I have the majority of my 46 years I've been on this earth and yes I believe the same thing Tebow does about my savior, just don't believe he plays a roll in football games being won or lost.
    Agree with a lot of what you posted except what I highlighted. I believe God is big enough to concern himself with every single thing going on in the world including football. God is on everyones side.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

You weren't mocking but thousands and thousands of liberal media types,libs in general and non believers are. God is using Tebow and his faith as a witness and it's as simple as that IMHO. Believe what you wish per God's and Christ personal day to day relationships with others and what you think they do or don't do and what God get's involved with or not on a daily basis. We are taught per Philippians 4:6-7: "Dont worry about anything; instead, pray about everything" . Also in Thessalonians 5:16 Be joyful always; 17 pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." So I personally think God and Christ care very much about our daily lives and events as well as our "consulting and praising Him" so much more than most folks believe.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 01-09-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

Nobody said God was on anyone's side. You are clearly upset that Tebow has proven you wrong. You are clearly a hater. God does play a role, inside of Tebow he lives and strengthens him, some men have greater faith than others. That belief and faith affects the spirit of the man and contributes to his abilities/determination/attitude. There hasn't been a man with his amount of faith and belief in God/Jesus on this type of stage in my lifetime. Doesn't mean he will win all the time, but as long as the man plays it is a factor because he is a man of God.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Tebow makes every game and practice about God as evidenced by his actions on the field and in press conferences. He invites the target painted on him partly because of his faith. Make no mistake, this is about God and Tebow, at the very least partly.

This world needs more men as passionate for God and life as Tebow IMO.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I've never understood when people say God has bigger things to deal with than sports. Or God has "this" to deal with so he is too busy for "that." Clearly if you believe in a "god" you would think that being a "god" he could handle everything. My God can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. A god that is too small to handle athletes and sports because he is too busy dealing with sickness and disease isn't big enough to be my God. And I think God most certainly cares about the players on both teams.

I also don't get when people hate on Tebow for talking about God. If you ask Tebow how he did it? He is going to give credit to the Lord. Again if you don't like it turn the channel. His God calls for him to talk about and give glory to God. That's what Christians are supposed to do. If you aren't doing that than you are disobeying God as a Christian. If you call yourself a Christian and get annoyed when Tebow does it then you need to open up you Bible and see what God has to say about it.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

the-rapist-demotivational-poster-1218563114.jpg

Q: This quarterback was knocked out of the 2011 Wild Card round playoffs by Tim Tebow.

A: Who is Ben Rothlesburger?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I've never understood when people say God has bigger things to deal with than sports. Or God has "this" to deal with so he is too busy for "that." Clearly if you believe in a "god" you would think that being a "god" he could handle everything. My God can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. A god that is too small to handle athletes and sports because he is too busy dealing with sickness and disease isn't big enough to be my God. And I think God most certainly cares about the players on both teams.

I also don't get when people hate on Tebow for talking about God. If you ask Tebow how he did it? He is going to give credit to the Lord. Again if you don't like it turn the channel. His God calls for him to talk about and give glory to God. That's what Christians are supposed to do. If you aren't doing that than you are disobeying God as a Christian. If you call yourself a Christian and get annoyed when Tebow does it then you need to open up you Bible and see what God has to say about it.
    Perfectly stated. Green for you.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I firmly beleive that he is the most polarizing individual in the US, including Obama...

Our new pastor doesn't agree with this - but I do -

I firmly believe there is no neutral ground with Tebow, you like him and his actions or you don't -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

The boy knows how to win, and I don't the criticism for him stating what he believes. Agree or disagree, I'd much rather deal with someone that speaks and responds to what he's thinking.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Interesting read on the hand of God in sports from a theology professor.

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/...god-in-sports/
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I'm a firm believer that God does not care about my putting stroke!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I'm a firm believer that God does not care about my putting stroke!
    It's not about your putting stroke or Tebow winning a football game. It's about our willingness to include Him in every facet of our lives; to be available for His use whenever and however He chooses to use us - in victory or defeat; in triumph or shame.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    It's not about your putting stroke or Tebow winning a football game. It's about our willingness to include Him in every facet of our lives; to be available for His use whenever and however He chooses to use us - in victory or defeat; in triumph or shame.
    Spot on...great post!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    FWIW, I agree with this 100% LFR! And the cool/great thing about Tebow is will praise God when and if he loses next week or the following weeks as well. And this will be a great life lesson for everyone.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 01-09-2012 at 02:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread