+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poinsettia Bowl Tickets for San Diego Troops

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Poinsettia Bowl Tickets for San Diego Troops

There was some interest among members of the BB&B board about purchasing Poinsettia Bowl tickets to support the university and donating those tickets to military personnel in the San Diego area if you couldn't make the trip to the bowl game. I've been talking with Leah Beasley (Asst. AD-Marketing & Game Management) and Chance Snow (Asst. AD-Ticket Operations) back and forth about the idea for the last couple of days. I talked with Chance earlier this afternoon about the details of a tickets for troops program for the Poinsettia Bowl.

The LA Tech Ticket Office worked with Poinsettia Bowl officials yesterday and today to iron out the details of delivering donated tickets to military personnel at the San Diego Naval Station and Camp Pendleton (Marine Base) in San Diego. According to the plan, Tech fans can purchase Poinsettia Bowl tickets through the Tech Ticket Office and then choose to donate those tickets to military personnel at Camp Pendleton and the Naval Station. LA Tech will ship the donated tickets to the Poinsettia Bowl, and the bowl personnel will distribute the donated tickets to the military personnel.

I also asked Chance if Tech fans can purchase LA Tech t-shirts or hats along with the Poinsettia Bowl tickets and donate everything to the military personnel as a "care package" so they can wear the apparel to the bowl game. Chance will contact the Poinsettia Bowl officials to see if Louisiana Tech can ship WAC Champions/LA Tech Poinsettia Bowl t-shirts that Tech fans purchase and donate along with the tickets to the S.D. military personnel.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a Poinsettia Bowl ticket and donating it to a military member in the San Diego area, please contact Chance Snow with the Louisiana Tech Ticket Office at (318) 257-3632 or chance@latech.edu.

If you also want to buy a royal blue LA Tech WAC Champions t-shirt, LA Tech Poinsettia Bowl T-shirt, LA Tech hat, or any other item along with a Poinsettia Bowl ticket for the military member to wear during the game, please let Chance Snow know that as well. I'm not sure if the Poinsettia Bowl and the Tech Ticket Office can work out a deal for that to happen, but it doesn't hurt to ask Chance. For pricing purposes, the Poinsettia Bowl t-shirts (which will arrive at the Tech Bookstore tomorrow) will be $20-$25, and the royal blue LA Tech WAC Champion t-shirt are $19.98.

Please forward this information to anyone else who may be interested in this plan. Thanks.

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Re: Poinsettia Bowl Tickets for San Diego Troops

Any word on the going rate for the game tickets?

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDynamic View Post
    Any word on the going rate for the game tickets?
    Prices range from $35 to $55.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...t-central.html

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

Okay, I just signed up for 20 tickets and shirts. Who is next?

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    There was some interest among members of the BB&B board about purchasing Poinsettia Bowl tickets to support the university and donating those tickets to military personnel in the San Diego area if you couldn't make the trip to the bowl game. I've been talking with Leah Beasley (Asst. AD-Marketing & Game Management) and Chance Snow (Asst. AD-Ticket Operations) back and forth about the idea for the last couple of days. I talked with Chance earlier this afternoon about the details of a tickets for troops program for the Poinsettia Bowl.

The LA Tech Ticket Office worked with Poinsettia Bowl officials yesterday and today to iron out the details of delivering donated tickets to military personnel at the San Diego Naval Station and Camp Pendleton (Marine Base) in San Diego. According to the plan, Tech fans can purchase Poinsettia Bowl tickets through the Tech Ticket Office and then choose to donate those tickets to military personnel at Camp Pendleton and the Naval Station. LA Tech will ship the donated tickets to the Poinsettia Bowl, and the bowl personnel will distribute the donated tickets to the military personnel.

I also asked Chance if Tech fans can purchase LA Tech t-shirts or hats along with the Poinsettia Bowl tickets and donate everything to the military personnel as a "care package" so they can wear the apparel to the bowl game. Chance will contact the Poinsettia Bowl officials to see if Louisiana Tech can ship WAC Champions/LA Tech Poinsettia Bowl t-shirts that Tech fans purchase and donate along with the tickets to the S.D. military personnel.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a Poinsettia Bowl ticket and donating it to a military member in the San Diego area, please contact Chance Snow with the Louisiana Tech Ticket Office at (318) 257-3632 or chance@latech.edu.

If you also want to buy a royal blue LA Tech WAC Champions t-shirt, LA Tech Poinsettia Bowl T-shirt, LA Tech hat, or any other item along with a Poinsettia Bowl ticket for the military member to wear during the game, please let Chance Snow know that as well. I'm not sure if the Poinsettia Bowl and the Tech Ticket Office can work out a deal for that to happen, but it doesn't hurt to ask Chance. For pricing purposes, the Poinsettia Bowl t-shirts (which will arrive at the Tech Bookstore tomorrow) will be $20-$25, and the royal blue LA Tech WAC Champion t-shirt are $19.98.

Please forward this information to anyone else who may be interested in this plan. Thanks.

I will donate some tix to the troops. As far as t-shirts I was asking if we could have some made up (bulk rate) about $5.00 a piece to send. Not $20.00. Nothing personal against the troops but this would severly limit the number that we could send.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    I will donate some tix to the troops. As far as t-shirts I was asking if we could have some made up (bulk rate) about $5.00 a piece to send. Not $20.00. Nothing personal against the troops but this would severly limit the number that we could send.
    I got your PMs, but they only included the quote from the PM I sent you and nothing else.

Thanks for the donation. I emailed your question to Chance Snow a few moments ago.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

I got your PMs, but they only included the quote from the PM I sent you and nothing else.

Thanks for the donation. I emailed your question to Chance Snow a few moments ago.

If they come back as a negative I know a few people to call here in Shreveport to get a quote. Please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    If they come back as a negative I know a few people to call here in Shreveport to get a quote. Please let me know.
    Chance spoke with the bookstore this morning. The bookstore can do a discounted rate, but the price of the t-shirts is still in the teens.

If you can get a quote for the t-shirts out of Shreveport, that's great. Let me know when you get a quote, and email chance@latech.edu with information about the t-shirts.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Chance spoke with the bookstore this morning. The bookstore can do a discounted rate, but the price of the t-shirts is still in the teens.

If you can get a quote for the t-shirts out of Shreveport, that's great. Let me know when you get a quote, and email chance@latech.edu with information about the t-shirts.
    Get some gear at the Tech Team Shop Warehouse sale this weekend and give to Chance to send.

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

Where is everyone on this?

Bulldog changdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the rough changdawg04's Avatar

Man...LaTech Bowl game in San Diego (easy trip from Tucson) and I'm deployed!! Just my luck...

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Any idea how many tickets have been sold from our allotment?

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by changdawg04 View Post
    Man...LaTech Bowl game in San Diego (easy trip from Tucson) and I'm deployed!! Just my luck...
    Thanks for your service! Stay safe, and hopefully we'll make a bit more of a habit out of bowling this time of year!

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I just called and donated an extra ticket. That's two total for myself. The guy I talked to said that sales are good but it's gonna take alot of hard work to get to 3000. So some of our guys need to open their wallets and donate some more tickets to the troops!

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Too many fundraising opportunities going on at once.

+ Reply to Thread