+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liberty University to the Belch?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Liberty University to the Belch?

Increased attendance and perception should be our biggest goals. Winning against TCU will help with both regardless of were we land.

Bulldog HokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    If we get in there is a "buy in" of $2MM I think and an increase in annual conference fees...

It is more about "perception and association" with the CUSA schools where we should see our increases in fan support, tickets sales, giving etal...

Revenue sharing should be more, but as I said we have some bills to pay first before the increase takes effect
    I think you are exactly right here, I beleive more of the "casual" fans will be a lot more interested in a match-up between us and Rice or Tulsa who they have at least heard mentioned once or twice on TV as opposed to New Mexico State.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HokieDawg View Post
    I think you are exactly right here, I beleive more of the "casual" fans will be a lot more interested in a match-up between us and Rice or Tulsa who they have at least heard mentioned once or twice on TV as opposed to New Mexico State.
    You would think.

But we've shared a conference with those particular schools before, and attendance wasn't anything to write home about.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    You would think.

But we've shared a conference with those particular schools before, and attendance wasn't anything to write home about.
    Got to win for more than one year in a row.:icon_wink:

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

You would think.

I am absolutely convinced that the Rice game in 2001 was the highest real attendance we have ever had for a WAC home game.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Bulldog HokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the rough

You would think.

Very True, but alot of things have changed since those teams left the WAC. Although there is still more that needs to be done I think Tech leadership has reached the point where they will do more to take advantage of those regional rivalries than they did before.

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

Correct -

It sweetens the taste
    I cannot dismiss the thought that a '99 football win over SEC Champ Bama coupled with a Final Four Lady Techsters team (remember those?) did make a difference in the WAC's view and selection of us...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDog View Post
    I cannot dismiss the thought that a '99 football win over SEC Champ Bama coupled with a Final Four Lady Techsters team (remember those?) did make a difference in the WAC's view and selection of us...
    WBB sealed the deal. Flagship sport baby!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

As an alumnus of Liberty University, I support this move.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

As of right NOW, I THINK we end up in the merger...

But its a long time till the end of January first of February and things could change - and we could be back on the outside looking in if a wrench is thrown into the works -

On a scale of confidence between 1-10, I'm hovering at about a 7
    What makes your confidence level so high?

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

Beat TCU and become 11th member of Big 12 or Big East and forget CUSA Alliance

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    As an alumnus of Liberty University, I support this move.

Son is going there now, so I have been down there a number of times over the past couple of years. They do have a vision and are working very hard to obtain it. Falwell is great at fundraising.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ETXBULLDOG View Post
    Beat TCU and become 11th member of Big 12 or Big East and forget CUSA Alliance
    Now we're talking!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I am absolutely convinced that the Rice game in 2001 was the highest real attendance we have ever had for a WAC home game.
    That was a nice crowd that day, yep!

Big Dog SeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the rough

Keep dreaming guys, we will not get an invite to Big East or Big 12 and even if we did, we would start losing most likely and not get the support we need. Right now I like he move to CUSA the best.

+ Reply to Thread