+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Louisiana Tech Fans Living in Mississippi

Varsity Bulldog wce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the rough

Question for Louisiana Tech Fans Living in Mississippi

I read on the board not long ago that Texas has come out with a Louisiana Tech Specialty License Plate. I live in Mississippi and for Mississippi to create a specialty license plate, you must get a state representative to propose it, and the legislature to pass it. You then must get 300 signatures of residents willing to purchase one. I'm just curious how many Louisiana Tech Fans that live in Mississippi are on BBB.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Re: Question for Louisiana Tech Fans Living in Mississippi

I'd buy one (or two or three).

Varsity Bulldog jchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her game jchaisson's Avatar

2 Here

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

HERE!...I'm in if we can get the legislation....just not sure we have that many. I have lived here since 1993 and often thought about the same thing. I see as many LSU tags around here as I do Ole Miss and MS. State. (No joke). Been thinking about getting the Saints Super Bowl tag that was passed last year. Might have to wait now.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Jimmy Washington at Alumni center said he will soon start working on local alumni chapters. Once the group is formed you might focus on getting a plate done if there is enough interest.

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

I'd get one....I don't think we could get 300 though. BRCC, Auburn, Memphis and Bama all have Mississippi tags. Love to have a Tech tag!

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

I would buy at least one tag and sign the petition as many times as you needed me too

Big Dog BadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    I would buy at least one tag and sign the petition as many times as you needed me too
    Same here! I also know of two other alumni in town that proudly display their alumni decals and front license plates like I do!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I would sign, but can't afford to buy a specialty plate right now.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

When I lived over in Brandon, a "regular" tag cost like $300 a year...ad valorem tax thing...I can't imagine what a personalized MS plate would cost! Or did they change the pricing structure since I left?

Varsity Bulldog wce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    When I lived over in Brandon, a "regular" tag cost like $300 a year...ad valorem tax thing...I can't imagine what a personalized MS plate would cost! Or did they change the pricing structure since I left?
    I think, and I might be wrong on this, but I think a specialty tag is like $50 extra. The regular tag depends on what county you live in, the type of vehicle, and the value of the vehicle. I have a truck that is about $60 a year and a car that is $400 a year. It can get very pricey. I guess the tradeoff is that Mississippi has cheaper auto insurance.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

wce1980 is correct. Personalized tags add about $50 to the total cost. Car tags are very expensive, but it depends where you live and they go down the older your car is. I had a Jeep that was 10 years old and the tag was like $70. Got a new Honda Accord a couple years ago, the tag was around $400 and is down to around $300 this year. I know people that live in Jackson, new car tags can reach over $1,000 depending on the car. Jackson has the highest tags (tax). Where I live in Madison, it's not that bad, but the tradeoff is property taxes. Very high! No matter where ya live, the tax man is gonna get you somehow!

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

I would get one.

Big Dog BadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    wce1980 is correct. Personalized tags add about $50 to the total cost. Car tags are very expensive, but it depends where you live and they go down the older your car is. I had a Jeep that was 10 years old and the tag was like $70. Got a new Honda Accord a couple years ago, the tag was around $400 and is down to around $300 this year. I know people that live in Jackson, new car tags can reach over $1,000 depending on the car. Jackson has the highest tags (tax). Where I live in Madison, it's not that bad, but the tradeoff is property taxes. Very high! No matter where ya live, the tax man is gonna get you somehow!
    All University Tags are $51...I currently have a wildlife tag ($31) but would proudly upgrade and cough up an additional $20/yr! When you pay as much as we do for tags, what's another $51...I say that now, but I was in shock when I moved here 4 yrs ago from LA. Property tax is higher, TAGS ARE OUTRAGEOUS; but sales tax is lower. The "haves" pay for the "have nots"...and you don't have to have much to qualify as a "have"...Don't get me started!! LOL

STILL WANT MY TAG!!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Still no Mississippi "Louisiana Tech" license plate

+ Reply to Thread