+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dykes Staying!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dykes

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72 View Post
    Champ UofH can pay him well over $1mil per year. Even if they stayed in CUSA it is a step up! TECH is one of the BEST schools in the Country to spring board a coach to a better job! We are what we are and I like it!
    Yes, but he can get a much BIGGER step up if he waits a year.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBear23 View Post
    Luckily thanks to building multiple new on campus housing facilities there has been a drastic increase in student attendance for football games. The fans are there now, every game sold out past 2+ years. These new dedicated students are turning into season ticket holders after graduating. The main thing that U of H needs is to get the new stadium started. Hard to be a big time player in college football when your stadium only holds 32,000.
    I have always thought Houston had potential, but you have to fight the big monster in Austin to overcome being thought of a second class. I have a feeling, Houston will continue to build up. Also, I think they stay in the Big East for 2 years and get invited to the B12. That is when you might see massive growth in support.

Varsity Bulldog El Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I think Sumlin was going to get $2.5 mil to stay at UH, right?
    That is what A&M is paying him.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBear23 View Post
    Dykes recently interviewed with U of H and is among Chad Morris and Tony Levine as one of the top 3 candidates for the job. What are people around the La Tech program hearing about this? Is Dykes a guy that wants to be at La Tech long term or one that wants to climb the coaching ladder?
    12 JUCO recruits last year and 2 out of 7 commits this year are JUCO. Looks like he wants out ASAP, because that's no way to build a program.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Oso View Post
    That is what A&M is paying him.
    OK. Just heard that UH was willing to pay more than A&M was and that it was in excess of $2 million.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

One in the Hand is better than two in the bush!

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

one in the hand is better than two in the bush!
    tnwss
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Big Dog Hermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the rough Hermandawg's Avatar

If Dykes is in Houston interviewing for jobs today instead of preparing the team and gameplan for Wednesday..........maybe he is not the right person to lead our team anyway.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think that UH wants, and can afford, a higher-profile coach for their send-off to the BE. However, I don't know if they can attract one.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

tnwss???? Thats not what she said?

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

tnwss???? Thats not what she said?
    yes
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Big Dog SeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the rough

I'm sorry but it is obvious he will leave after next year. My enthusiasm for our teams chances has completly left my mind. He will stay next year so he'll look like a good coach and then take a much bigger step up than Houston. Houston is a step up as far as his pay the conference prestige, but as far as team goes tech is better in my humble opinion. Either way I don't see it happening though it concerns me that he is taking interviews when he should be preparing for the game. Shows how good of a coach he is. I almost hope TCU slaughters us and we have a bad year just so he can't do anything next year. Just almost though.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Dykes is gone.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeekerHound View Post
    I almost hope TCU slaughters us and we have a bad year just so he can't do anything next year. Just almost though.

NEVER!!!!!!

Even if he leaves next year, we will be in a great situation for another good coach to come in and take over. Face it, this is our destiny for the time being. Hopefully, we can elevate Tech above this level some day in the future. But that day is not now. The goal is to get where Boise is so that even with great years, the Tech HC job is good enough that someone will stick around and not take the next train out of Ruston.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Dykes is gone.
    link?

+ Reply to Thread