+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. Memphis Snaps Techsters Win Streak

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Memphis Snaps Techsters Win Streak

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Shantale Bramble-Donaldson recorded her fourth double double of the year but it wasn't enough as Memphis defeated Louisiana Tech 86-67 Saturday afternoon at Carnesecca Arena in the first day of the 2011 St. John's Chartwell Holiday Classic.

More...

Discuss it here.

Puppy verrylicious224 is an unknown

Re: W. Basketball. Memphis Snaps Techsters Win Streak

Good Job Shantale and also Whitney! Way to come bk! It's not you all fault it's start with the coach. She needs to play the players that can handle the court under pressure that will play team ball and wont to win.. It's like one player can have a good game and the next game won't play them at all! Bendolph can play 40 min with ton of mistakes and never come up but soon as another player make a mistake, they coming out! Favoritism!

*want
    *out

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

It's time to ask some serious questions concerning TSpoon.

Puppy techbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nice

Well said verrylicious. I agree. Hard to watch the program go down hill again. Spoon is not the coach we hoped she would be.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Yep. She is a good "face" of the program, but regardless of what some of the "positive" people say, she has not produced results. Memphis has only won against bottom-dwellers. The Techsters are bottom-dwellers now. Sad. What is more sad than anything else is the continued defense of a program that is sinking to new lows. This is worse than the Chris Long era.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

It's obvious that Spoon has a favorite in Bendolph. Been obvious for a while. I've not been a big defender of Jones, but not because of her play. I just felt she should have moved on after last season. The reality is this: without Jones, the Techsters would be looking at a no-win season so far. That is difficult to grasp. But what is even more difficult to grasp is those who continue to say "believe!" and "it's rebuilding." Sorry. I usually say "in my opinion" but this time, I'm just laying it out there. You are wrong. The program is not rebuilding. It is imploding. And Spoon, dare I say and risk the venom of some (as if I care), is just not up to the task. She has failed so far to demonstrate true leadership as a coach. It's time for her to become Sonja to someone's Leon, and right now, she has no Leon on the bench with her. She managed to lose Park who kept her head above water last season, but ego got in the way of that relationship. Hopefully, she will stop buying her own PR and the "Spoon and Company" mentality that has overcome the program and realize that she needs help.

Well said fanfromafar! Coach long was actually starting to win with his crew that took Spoon to the NCAA.. She will never grasp that she needs Jones to win.. She is cutting her mins for no apparent reason just like the rest of those kids that come to play ball!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Did either of you actually watch the game? This thread is wrong on so many levels...... Anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I disagree with the some of you and where are you when we win?

Quote Originally Posted by verrylicious224 View Post
    Well said fanfromafar! Coach long was actually starting to win with his crew that took Spoon to the NCAA.. She will never grasp that she needs Jones to win.. She is cutting her mins for no apparent reason just like the rest of those kids that come to play ball!
    You won't find any sympathy from me for the Chris Long era. You could say Budke won with Leon's recruits, Long won with Budke's recruits, etc. You obviously have a relationship of some sort with Jones as your defense of her reads "personal" rather than "professional." My point wasn't to defend Jones. It was to point out the blatant inconsistencies with Spoon's choices this season with regard to who is playing when. It appears (from stats, not just observation) that there is a lack of focus and that is translating into a really disappointing season.

So now the Techsters face one of the worst teams in the country today after falling to Memphis yesterday. The Techster program is hoping to redeem itself against Prairie View. That, more than anything else, demonstrates how far this program has fallen.

Charisma and passion are invaluable. Spoon possesses both in immeasurable quantities. I give her that. What she has not shown to date is the ability to forge a team that can win big games...consistently. A 5-7 record against this arguably anemic OOC schedule is a statement about the coaching staff.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I agree....it is hard to watch this team and think we are moving forward...

I been watching this team for a long time.. It's not about Jones it's about the Techsters as a whole! In order to win, we must play the players that want to win and play team ball again.. Let the players get in their rhythm and stop taking them out for one mistake except Bendolph! Now let's try and get this win!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

For some of the ones that only come on AFTER a loss to a 9-1 team, please just pay for all access and listen to the game, at least. Start posting after wins, as well.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I listen to games and hace season tickets. I have been around the program for 20 years. If you think we have a solid coaching staff and are moving forward then something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    For some of the ones that only come on AFTER a loss to a 9-1 team, please just pay for all access and listen to the game, at least. Start posting after wins, as well.
    Examine the 9 teams Memphis won against this season. It's not a stellar group of basketball teams. But the Techsters didn't just "lose" to them. They were destroyed by them.

I do watch some of the games, and I do post sometimes after wins. I don't always post after a loss, but this season is particularly disturbing with regard to the trend of this program. You, and a few others, continually post about it "coming back" and how much "fun" it is to watch the program "rebuild." You ask me and others to purchase all-access and watch the games as if that makes our opinions change. You tell us to post after wins, yet you will pull the "too disappointed to post, will come back after all the negative people stop posting." You don't get to control the views of others, as much as it may seem that is your objective.

Yes, it is obvious that you would like everyone to share your "optimistic" view. I don't think anyone on this board (although I only represent my own thoughts) wants you to become "negative." You are entitled to look at the program and see it as you see it.

There are others, myself included, who look at it and see what we see: a weak program, becoming weaker, with questionable leadership, that is sinking further into obscurity. It is sad to see this happen.

+ Reply to Thread