+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football. Band of Pride Earns Its Name - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Band of Pride Earns Its Name - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

If ever Louisiana Tech's Band of Pride earned its name, it was today. The band participated in the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl's annual Battle of the Bands event in the city's revitalized and thriving Gas Lamp District downtown Monday night, but its battle Monday began long before it reached San Diego.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: Football. Band of Pride Earns Its Name - latechsports.com

Did they win battle of the bands???

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Can't speak for this event, but the battle doesn't have an official winner and loser. It's just some fun huge combo pep rally.

But I heard from my chariot driver that TECH's BOP had a secret weapon to help them bring it.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

I am by no means a robken fan, but our band did fantastic job tonight. They represented Tech well. If I there had been a winner, it would have been Tech!!

It was a good time and there was a great crowd. This is great exposure for our school.

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Way to go BOP!!!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a fun event. The gas lamp district is downtown San Diego is a very cool place. The police blocked off four blocks leading to an intersection and the two bands marched in. There were three TV stations there and a nice crowd. San Diego is a great city for a bowl. Nice dinner put on by LTAC and the Alum board after that.

Today is on to the USS Midway aircraft carrier, for another band performance on the flight deck, luncheon in the hanger deck and time to tour the ship. Both bands, teams and coaches will be there.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    It was a fun event. The gas lamp district is downtown San Diego is a very cool place. The police blocked off four blocks leading to an intersection and the two bands marched in. There were three TV stations there and a nice crowd. San Diego is a great city for a bowl. Nice dinner put on by LTAC and the Alum board after that.

Today is on to the USS Midway aircraft carrier, for another band performance on the flight deck, luncheon in the hanger deck and time to tour the ship. Both bands, teams and coaches will be there.
    Just think how much the BOP has already enriched the events attended by the team and Tech alums. And to think that the administration wasn't going to take the entire band -- one can only shake your head in disbelief at the stupidity.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Just think how much the BOP has already enriched the events attended by the team and Tech alums. And to think that the administration wasn't going to take the entire band -- one can only shake your head in disbelief at the stupidity.
    So true..........

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

+100

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

A great time was had by all !!! The BOP and cheerleaders were both excellent! I can't imagine not having the entire band at the event. Also Ryan R. and Adam M. were great hosts as always at the Alumni event afterwards!

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

And a special "thanks" to those private donors who made it happen!!! If you know any of them, please let them know:icon_wink:

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Just think how much the BOP has already enriched the events attended by the team and Tech alums. And to think that the administration wasn't going to take the entire band -- one can only shake your head in disbelief at the lstupidity.
    . I spoke with dr R while they performed-- wish I knew that-- we were outnumbered by their band and honest to god the locals were telling me "you guys won this"-- lot of fun-- were u at dinner? I was sitting with young couple with kids and Tech guy in I bowl shirt from Maryland game

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

It was absolutely the right thing to do and at the right time in our programs history. Many thanks to the generous donors that made this happen.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . I spoke with dr R while they performed-- wish I knew that-- we were outnumbered by their band and honest to god the locals were telling me "you guys won this"-- lot of fun-- were u at dinner? I was sitting with young couple with kids and Tech guy in I bowl shirt from Maryland game
    I have no idea what you just said.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    I have no idea what you just said.
    I'll translate for my dad. He probably shouldn't use an iPhone to post on BB&B. He is using quotes now :icon_wink:
    He wished he had known administration wasn't going to send the whole band, he was speaking with Dr. Reneau while the band performed. And he was asking LFR if he was at the dinner.

+ Reply to Thread