+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Inks Concessions Deal with Aramark - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Tech Inks Concessions Deal with Aramark - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech fans attending home athletic events this season will be dealing with a new concession vendor after Deputy Athletics Director Bruce Van De Velde announced Wednesday that the department had reached an agreement with Aramark.

More...

Discuss it here.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Tech Inks Concessions Deal with Aramark - latechsports.com

Aha!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Bringing the concession right to you in the stands. Now you won't miss a single second of the action! You got to love that!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Is this effective immediately?? Even though this was leaked out a while ago it's good news either way.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Good move. Hopefully this is a good deal for Tech financially.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

I'm super hungry after reading the new menu offerings...

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Does this mean charity groups will no longer be running our concessions? Aw shucks

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Is this effective immediately?? Even though this was leaked out a while ago it's good news either way.
    Yes -

By next year there will be a total face lift of the entire concession areas...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Does this mean we will no longer be able to buy 3-week-old stale popcorn? Dang, I am gonna miss that!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Good move. Hopefully this is a good deal for Tech financially.
    Anybody know any numbers, in particular, how this deal compares with the old deal?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Anybody know any numbers, in particular, how this deal compares with the old deal?
    It would be interesting to know. I'd guess that the new deal will likely cost Tech more up front. "Up front" money always seemed to be the deal killer for many ideas in the past that were no brainers when the bottom line was more profit.

I do know that the old deal we had was the same deal and vendor that nlulm used. I know a few folks that worked for the charities. Most of them preferred to work the Tech games over the nlulm games because it meant more money for them.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    Does this mean we will no longer be able to buy 3-week-old stale popcorn? Dang, I am gonna miss that!
    You must of got the fresh stuff, my popcorn was from WWII surplus

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

I just hope we do away with the cheesy funnel cake trailers that were towed over from the county fair and parked under the stadium. Not that I don't like funnel cake, its just that I would rather buy one (or three) from an attractive, permanent concessions booth instead of a travel trailer.

Hopefully they can create a professional, modern look for the underside of our stadium similar to what you see in new stadiums. And better food if a big plus too. Hopefully Aramark has smoked turkey "laigs" on their menu.

I have also thought we should sell Louisiana themed food such as gumbo or jaymbalaya or red beans and rice. It would be cheap to make, easy to cook in large quantity, and would be a popular item I think. I would happily pay 3 or 4 bucks for a bowl of jaybalaya that would probably cost them 25 cents to make. I see a lot of potential for profit there, plus it would be unique.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    I just hope we do away with the cheesy funnel cake trailers that were towed over from the county fair and parked under the stadium. Not that I don't like funnel cake, its just that I would rather buy one (or three) from an attractive, permanent concessions booth instead of a travel trailer.

Hopefully they can create a professional, modern look for the underside of our stadium similar to what you see in new stadiums. And better food if a big plus too. Hopefully Aramark has smoked turkey "laigs" on their menu.

I have also thought we should sell Louisiana themed food such as gumbo or jaymbalaya or red beans and rice. It would be cheap to make, easy to cook in large quantity, and would be a popular item I think. I would happily pay 3 or 4 bucks for a bowl of jaybalaya that would probably cost them 25 cents to make. I see a lot of potential for profit there, plus it would be unique.
    Put the funnel cake trailer in the parking lot for tailgating. :icon_wink:

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Put the funnel cake trailer in the parking lot for tailgating. :icon_wink:
    You read my mind, Brian.

+ Reply to Thread