+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: W. Basketball. Techsters Host LSU Thursday at TAC

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. Techsters Host LSU Thursday at TAC

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Who cares about the media or public perception if not true? You're basically talking about ego's here is all. As long as Leon and TSpoon's relationship is great and the kids are now winning with that duo I don't give 2 rat's about the media and public "fabricated" perception. It's about winning and putting this program back on the map.
    I'm with you on this on, Tylertechsas. And, the original post did say:

"At practice, she would have to continually be trying to maintain her status as head coach." If she asked Leon and he accepted, it'd be all about the Lady Techsters and winning.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Who cares about the media or public perception if not true? You're basically talking about ego's here is all. As long as Leon and TSpoon's relationship is great and the kids are now winning with that duo I don't give et2 rat's about the media and public "fabricated" perception. It's about winning and putting this program back on the map.
    If Leon came aboard and the Techsters started winning, who do you think would get the credit for the wins? Who do you think the media would want to interview--Leon or Spoon? Who in the heck do you think the public are? They are the fans. So you don't care what the fans think. If his presence improved the team as you seem to think that it would, then the fans would give him the same credit that you would. Where would that leave Spoon?

In the coaching business, image is everything. Ask Bobby Knight why he was fired at Indiana. It certainly wasn't because of his W/L record. Leon's image overwhelms most (but not all) active and retired women's basketball coaches in the country. Spoon is not alone regarding this fact. Please wake up and smell the coffee.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    I'm with you on this on, Tylertechsas. And, the original post did say:

"At practice, she would have to continually be trying to maintain her status as head coach." If she asked Leon and he accepted, it'd be all about the Lady Techsters and winning.
    If you really believe this, then please tell me that you did not graduate from Tech. I certainly expect Tech graduates to possess a higher degree of logic than your response represents. At practice, it would be the master and the apprentice. To whom do you think the players would tend to migrate towards? Leon's presence would create an untenable situation for the players and for the other coaches.

Who cares about the media or public perception if not true? You're basically talking about ego's here is all. As long as Leon and TSpoon's relationship is great and the kids are now winning with that duo I don't give et2 rat's about the media and public "fabricated" perception. It's about winning and putting this program back on the map.
    If Leon came aboard and the Techsters started winning, who do you think would get the credit for the wins? Who do you think the media would want to interview--Leon or Spoon? Who in the heck do you think the public are? They are the fans. So you don't care what the fans think. If his presence improved the team as you seem to think that it would, then the fans would give him the same credit that you would. Where would that leave Spoon?

In the coaching business, image is everything. Ask Bobby Knight why he was fired at Indiana. It certainly wasn't because of his W/L record. Leon's image overwhelms most (but not all) active and retired women's basketball coaches in the country. Spoon is not alone regarding this fact. Please wake up and smell the coffee.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post

Who cares? It should be about TECH and the TECHSTERS, not TSpoon. I think she is not as selfish as you're making her out to be. She cares more about the team, Tech and the Techster than herself I think.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you really believe this, then please tell me that you did not graduate from Tech. I certainly expect Tech graduates to possess a higher degree of logic than your response represents. At practice, it would be the master and the apprentice. To whom do you think the players would tend to migrate towards? Leon's presence would create an untenable situation for the players and for the other coaches.

YES I graduated from Tech!!

And as a Ruston kid I saw Leon play in high school and at Tech, knew some his family, and have had him speak at civic clubs on my request. Watched Spoon play here, occasionally chat with her by email or in the TAC. If they choose to work together it WILL WORK. That's what I'm sayin'.

Did YOU graduate from Tech?

“Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” Prov 4:7

Last edited by Russdawg; 01-09-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

When Spoon came back, I really wanted her to get them back to the top 25 at least - THEN get Leon back..... Hasn't gone as fast as expected, but I think it will turn soon. When that happens, I think Leon and Spoon will both agree for him to come back. I wouldn't be upset if he came back now, but really hope Spoon gets them on a roll first. It will help her and Leon will be proud to be a part of that.

Who cares? It should be about TECH and the TECHSTERS, not TSpoon. I think she is not as selfish as you're making her out to be. She cares more about the team, Tech and the Techster than herself I think.
    The moment that Spoon adds someone to her staff with a coaching reputation that exceeds hers, then she will be admitting that the challenge exceeds her ability. She is to competitive to ever let that happen. By the way,

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The moment that Spoon adds someone to her staff with a coaching reputation that exceeds hers, then she will be admitting that the challenge exceeds her ability. She is to competitive to ever let that happen. By the way,
    So what? That's what mature men and women do when the situation calls for it. And knowing one's own abilities and/or lack thereof is one of life's most important lessons as well.

So what? That's what mature men and women do when the situation calls for it. And knowing one's own abilities and/or lack thereof is one of life's most important lessons as well.
    It may be acceptable at some lower levels of employment within an organization. But when you are the boss and the "buck stops with you," it isn't acceptable. The CEO very quickly begins to wonder why am I paying you. By the way, just how long do you propose to keep Leon on the staff at whatever capacity you envision for him? Just how long do you e

It may be acceptable at some lower levels of employment within an organization. But when you are the boss and the "buck stops with you," it isn't acceptable. The CEO very quickly begins to wonder why am I paying you. By the way, just how long do you propose to keep Leon on the staff at whatever capacity you envision for him? Just how long do you e
    No, not correcting a problem is why CEO's fire managers. And I would keep him as long as TSpoon wanted. You really aren't giving her and Leon enough credit for knowing how to work this out.

Not sure, but you actually might seem more afraid or the "sexist" angle/portion scenario of this but not coming right out and saying so IMHO. Are you a female?

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

KMR didn't seem too worried to have Leon as an assistant...

Varsity Bulldog svb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the rough svb002's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    KMR had already won a national championship by that point. Didn't he go to Baylor to work with Griner?

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Believe it or not, most in Baylor-land did not know of Leon's pedigree prior to his hire. Many did, but not most. Also, KMR was Baylor's coach who built the program and brought in the audience. Leon never was. Leon has NO legacy at Baylor. The fact is that Leon would get the credit if the team began performing well as the Techster program is HIS legacy. That is a logical statement. To argue otherwise is an empty argument. To the other side of the argument, it doesn't really matter as long as the program succeeds. Yes, that is a true statement. But it does matter for the future of the program because Leon simply cannot continue to be the "hope" for the program. This program needs consistency and credibility in the coaching ranks. Leon's public return, while I would enjoy watching, isn't what the program needs, at least in my opinion. Leon's behind-the-scenes return IS what the program needs...again, in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread