+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Where have you encountered Tech fans

Varsity Bulldog TechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the rough

Re: Where have you encountered Tech fans

I've gotten quite a few comments on my tech gear in the Frankfurt airport.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I've had several folks holler at me while wearing Tech stuff in Ruston.

Varsity Bulldog dogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the rough

Was at Foxie's on Jost van Dyke (BVI), there was a big LA Tech flag hanging from the ceiling, took a pic with it.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

I was coming out of the McDonalds in Alexandria, LA, Friday. Two guys were going in and said they liked my TECH hat. I said, "Go Dawgs" and they said, Go Dawgs"!!!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Minigolf course in Myrtle Beach, SC, two summers ago. Exchanged a GO DAWGS and a high five with some guy (he wasn't decked out but I had on a TECH shirt and a TECH hat). Dunno if he was a student, had family at Tech, or just knew about us. Pretty unexpected for me but very welcome. I always make sure to wear my gear whenever I'm going someplace. At least have a TECH hat and usually a TECH shirt as well.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Midland, Texas, Saturday Dec. 31, in a running store I was asked about Tech. Said she had been offered a track scholarship to Tech just few years ago & loved her visit and the school. It was her favorite university & campus (beautiful!! she said) but it was too far from home, so she went to Lubbock Christian but was very impressed with Tech.

Homeowners in Midland can paint their street # and a college logo on the curb, and I saw an NLU logo (yep, not ULM!!)

Met two Tech people in Eureka Springs in August and one in Dallas REI store this spring.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    I just spent the better part of a day driving around SBC! Holy Cow, Airline drive is a freaking cluster! Been to both Academy's, Fantastics, Dicks, and various other establishments in search of TECH T's, pullovers, or sweat shirts and the only thing that I could find in my size worth purchasing was at Bass Pro Shop...a real nice Realtree Hoody with the La Tech logo! Both Academy's had very little and what they did have was infant/youth stuff and XXL/XXXL men's sizes. My wife can shrink almost anything but no way is she going to make an XXL/XXXL into just an L. Fantastics only had one window decal that was surrounded by a bunch of ULALA crap! The Owner of Fantastics told me that he would love to carry TECH gear but since Barnes and Nobles took over the TECH Bookstore, he's had difficulty in getting TECH gear and if he does it's very limited as to what he gets.

OK, I have been on this rant before...why in the hell can't the largest home of La Tech Alumni not have a better market for it's merchandise in this town without having to drive to Ruston.

Not trying to hijack this thread but it sure would be nice to wear TECH stuff and advertise La Tech out in public but I can't seem to find anything to be able to that. Additionally, I have friends back in Abilene that wanted me to bring them back some TECH T-shirts. Looks like that ain't happening.

He's full of it. Barnes and Noble(Tech bookstore) has nothing to do with buying merchandise or licensing. He can go to the athletics website and click on Fan Zone and New Logos. At the bottom of the new logos page is a link to Licensing FAQs. This has been posted on the board several times. There is a question:

Who Is Licensed With The University?

Either the University's Office of Marketing and Public Relations or CLC can provide a list of current licensees for the University's merchandise. It is typically easier to work with an established University licensee than to try and license a new product or idea. Both the University and CLC can provide you with information on products produced by all licensees so that you can match your needs with the right company. The "Officially Licensed Collegiate Products" hologram signifies that merchandise has passed the standards of quality set forth by the University, and that a portion of the purchase is returned to the University.

You can download a list of all Louisiana Tech's Licensed Manufacturers:

Licensed Manufacturers by Product
    Licensed Manufacturers Alphabetically

These stores aren't trying to get licensed, all they have to do is get a list of manufacturers and place an order. It's that simple. I don't know if the list has been updated... it's from 2007, but they can still get an up-to-date list from Tech's Marketing and Public Relations or CLC. There are 23 pages of licensed manufacturers.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

I ordered a couple of long sleeve t shirts, black Nike pullover with TECH logo and luggage tag online at the TECH Store this morning.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post

Just remember (quite a while ago) was in class at Southwestern Seminary, the guy next to me turned out to be a Tech grad
    I knew a lot of Tech grads at Southwestern. And met some others randomly.

There are Tech fans all over Cowtown. The children's librarian at our local library branch is a Tech grad (not a sports fan, though). We recently discovered that a couple at our church graduated from Tech 50 years ago.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

A few years ago, I spent a week in Lexington, KY. I wrapped up the trip at an outdoor concert they had on Thursday nights in a downtown park. I was wearing a state T logo cap and another alum came up and we talked about our Tech histories.

I've also received "like the cap" comments in Grapevine, Little Rock and Baton Rouge.
    Last edited by bleudog; 01-03-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Just saw a NLU Indians hoodie in Pleasanton, TX WalMart. Not exactly Tech fans, but interesting nonetheless.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Reno Chicago Fargo Minnesota Buffalo Toronto Winslow Sarasota ...

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    He's full of it. Barnes and Noble(Tech bookstore) has nothing to do with buying merchandise or licensing. He can go to the athletics website and click on Fan Zone and New Logos. At the bottom of the new logos page is a link to Licensing FAQs. This has been posted on the board several times. There is a question:

Who Is Licensed With The University?

Either the University's Office of Marketing and Public Relations or CLC can provide a list of current licensees for the University's merchandise. It is typically easier to work with an established University licensee than to try and license a new product or idea. Both the University and CLC can provide you with information on products produced by all licensees so that you can match your needs with the right company. The "Officially Licensed Collegiate Products" hologram signifies that merchandise has passed the standards of quality set forth by the University, and that a portion of the purchase is returned to the University.

You can download a list of all Louisiana Tech's Licensed Manufacturers:

Licensed Manufacturers by Product
    Licensed Manufacturers Alphabetically

These stores aren't trying to get licensed, all they have to do is get a list of manufacturers and place an order. It's that simple. I don't know if the list has been updated... it's from 2007, but they can still get an up-to-date list from Tech's Marketing and Public Relations or CLC. There are 23 pages of licensed manufacturers.
    I bet this owner is the guy that had a store in Mall St. Vincent a few years ago. At least he has the same excuse as that person!
    I call BS on this one too!

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Didn't encounter a Tech fan, but I did have a Texas fan in Dallas ask me over the holiday if I went to the Poinsettia Bowl.  He commented several times that it was a fun game to watch and we should be proud of our showing.

Puppy ltechz has turned a few heads around hereltechz has turned a few heads around hereltechz has turned a few heads around hereltechz has turned a few heads around here

Got a "How bout them Bulldogs" from a couple at an eatery in Buda, Texas. I was wearing a Tech hat.

+ Reply to Thread