+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Concessions stand at basketball game.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Re: Concessions stand at basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Buddy of mine went to take a dump to find there was no toilet paper in bathroom. Needless to say, he wasn't very pleased with having to walk around with a dirty @ss the rest of the game.
    He should have sat in Bruce's seat.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Buddy of mine went to take a dump to find there was no toilet paper in bathroom. Needless to say, he wasn't very pleased with having to walk around with a dirty @ss the rest of the game.
    That's on him! Never start a project w/o the proper paperwork...

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Say, what ??

Your buddy wasn't wearing socks ?? (Gotta be resourceful if you want to be a LA Tech fan )

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

He did say he used his hand to wipe and then shook bruce's hand after the game.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

I always think if we can't do the little things right we are going to have a hell of a time doing the big things right.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I was super dissapointed in the concession stand debacle. I was looking through the latest threads, saw this and told my wife. She fell out laughing. That's all I heard about during the second half last night.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

While we are discussing the game day experience, I feel a need to put my two cents worth in about the recorded music that is played at the basketball games. Most of it (99%) is not music but pure unpleasant noise. The athletic department needs to take a close look at the demographics of the fans at the games. Most are mature adults (50 and over) that do not identify with the rap crap and whatever else they play, and very loudly too. Most of the people with hair the color of mine (white for the men and blue for the ladies) are complaining. Many have expressed their displeasure to me.

I realize that taste in music is a personal thing, but there is music that can appeal to all ages, and the athletic department needs to find it and play it. I approached Leah Beasley once and offered to help in this area. She told me that the teams select the music played prior to the games and during the games. Well, the teams don't pay the bills. The fans do. This may be rather picky, but a lot of seniors probably refuse to come because they detest the music.

Perhaps the music should be left up to the Hoop Troop exclusively. That includes the National Anthem also, because today so many feel a need to offer their own rendition and end up butchering it. Irks me to no end when they do this.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    While we are discussing the game day experience, I feel a need to put my two cents worth in about the recorded music that is played at the basketball games. Most of it (99%) is not music but pure unpleasant noise. The athletic department needs to take a close look at the demographics of the fans at the games. Most are mature adults (50 and over) that do not identify with the rap crap and whatever else they play, and very loudly too. Most of the people with hair the color of mine (white for the men and blue for the ladies) are complaining. Many have expressed their displeasure to me.

I realize that taste in music is a personal thing, but there is music that can appeal to all ages, and the athletic department needs to find it and play it. I approached Leah Beasley once and offered to help in this area. She told me that the teams select the music played prior to the games and during the games. Well, the teams don't pay the bills. The fans do. This may be rather picky, but a lot of seniors probably refuse to come because they detest the music.

Perhaps the music should be left up to the Hoop Troop exclusively. That includes the National Anthem also, because today so many feel a need to offer their own rendition and end up butchering it. Irks me to no end when they do this.

Puppy Ldogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the rough Ldogg0123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    word.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

To your mutha

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post

alright lets not get into a huge debacle about music at basketball games after we had a whole year of arguing when we got the jumbotron for football.

My two cents? i like all the music, it is what's popular right now. But I do realize that it doesn't appeal to everyone at the basketball games. I'd keep the music the players like to hear, but I'd be fine if they put some other music in there to please the older crowd.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

I don't think I've seen anyone mention the improved quality of the TAC sound system this season. Even if you don't like what you are hearing, you can be thankful that you are able to hear it better.

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

CBF7DA4F.jpg

This was with 10 minutes left in the men's game.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

this picture says it all.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

my response from Bruce as well as my last response to him:

> Kyle,
    > Thanks for your note regarding the poor concessions at the game last night. I agree with you it was lacking on many fronts. Athletic concessions has been an on going problem for several years. Aramark handles the concessions and they report through VP Jim King in student affairs. We have met with Aramark and student affairs regarding the problems and they seem to make an effort then we have a night like last evening and we start all over again. We plan to follow up again but I do want you to be aware of several key issues.
    > 1. Athletics has zero authority over Aramark
    > 2. Aramark has a long term contract with the University for campus food service
    > 3. Aramark has two divisions one for concessions and one for food service, their concessions division is not on campus because we do not generate enough attendance to warrant this investment their decision not ours.
    > 4. In Ruston there are few other concessionaire options assuming we can get out of the contract the University has with Aramark.
    > We plan to meet with Aramark and VP King and will discuss what the problems are and seek to make a lasting change. Thanks and sorry for the long explanation as I too am disappointed and frustrated with this area.
    > Bruce Van De Velde

Thank you so much for your response. This helps a great deal in understanding why we have the issues that exist. I do not mean by any stretch to lay this on anyone as a direct oversight. I trust that you are doing and always have done everything within your power and reach to continue to build a positive and productive program from top to bottom for us. Thank you for sharing our frustration and desiring change. I am sorry if I came across as too harsh. Some of these things are obviously not as easy to fix as some of us, including myself, would believe. Glad to know that you and Mr. King are working to improve things for us. Good luck and a Happy New Year!!

Kyle Allen

+ Reply to Thread