+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oregon Helmets

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Oregon Helmets

Helmets cool.

Uniforms YOU-GLEE

Band performance.... Wisconsin blew Oregon away.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Helmets - it's okay, not my taste
    Uniforms - I don't like the font nor the shade of green.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

By the way, the TV announcers complained at one point about not being able to see the Oregon players' numbers because of so much green.

HD

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The reflectorized numbers should have an impact on NIKE unis next season.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

In "context" (meaning that the wild and and continually changinging uniform thing has become part of the Oregon brand) I thought the chrome helmets were pretty cool. However, they would quickly become lame if they were followed by copy-cats and Oregon wannabe teams. In my view, many of the Oregon uniforms are ugly, if not hideous, but then, that is what makes them Oregon. In all honesty, I do look forward to seeing what they will do next. However, because they are the originators of this uniform carousel thing, my view is that they are the only team that really pulls it off. Every other attempt by other teams has proven lame - in my humble opinion.

Also agree with the previously stated opinon that the only "matte" finish that looks good (for now) is black. All other colors just look washed out. However, even the matte black is trendy and will (and should) go away.

All this being said, I would not trade our school colors, uniforms, or logo with any school in the country. Man, we look good! So please, let's not join the ranks of the lame and try to duplicate Oregon. They have their thing and we have ours...

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Helmets = Cool. But, with the Oregon "out there" style of uniform, I can't help but believe that the person that makes the uniform decisions is like, "OK men, here's your uniform! Get out there and give 'em hell! Now KILL! KILL! JAZZ HANDS!"

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Red and blue state T logo on a chrome helmet? That would be be gorgeous.
    Their's one out there.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Baylor's "matte" finish helmet for their Bowl game wasn't that bad. Better than some colors I've seen.

BAYLOR BEARS MATTE FINISH HELMET FOR THE ALAMO BOWL

Not only was it a battle of the points during the Alamo Bowl. It was also the battle of new helmets for the Baylor Bears and Washington Huskies. The Baylor Bears came out wearing a green, matte finish helmet and went on to beat the Huskies, 67-56.
    BAYLOR QB ROBERT GRIFFIN III WEARING NEW GREEN MATTE FINISH HELMET

To finish the Baylor Bears uniform enssemble, the Bears wore green jerseys with white pants and green stripes. It was a nice combination and I really like the green matte helmets.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    How about the sweat suits their band wore...

One thing I did notice during all of these bowls is that we need to hire that Matt Lange guy to make us a commercial for our school -

Ours had to be the worse hands down

Didn't Matt make that commercial when he worked for Donnie Bell? We do need a new commercial though.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Oregon has done the matte, carbon fiber, chrome helmets...what else will they try?

I say they'll go with an urban graffiti design next.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    Didn't Matt make that commercial when he worked for Donnie Bell? We do need a new commercial though.
    We need a new commercial in a bad way...and one with professional CLEAR-SOUNDING digital audio.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Apparently only NIKE can upturn the NFL uni look. We'll find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Baylor's "matte" finish helmet for their Bowl game wasn't that bad. Better than some colors I've seen.

To finish the Baylor Bears uniform enssemble, the Bears wore green jerseys with white pants and green stripes. It was a nice combination and I really like the green matte helmets.
    My old, matured eyes could only think Michigan State at first glance of the television.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

BAYLOR BEARS MATTE FINISH HELMET FOR THE ALAMO BOWL

Not only was it a battle of the points during the Alamo Bowl. It was also the battle of new helmets for the Baylor Bears and Washington Huskies. The Baylor Bears came out wearing a green, matte finish helmet and went on to beat the Huskies, 67-56.
    BAYLOR QB ROBERT GRIFFIN III WEARING NEW GREEN MATTE FINISH HELMET

Looked like Sparty to me (sans stripe)...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    My old, matured eyes could only think Michigan State at first glance of the television.
    You beat me to it...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread