View Poll Results: What will our record be in 2012, including Bowl Game?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • 13-0

18 10.34%
  • 12-1

28 16.09%
  • 11-2

54 31.03%
  • 10-3

49 28.16%
  • 9-4

18 10.34%
  • 8-5

5 2.87%
  • 7-6

1 0.57%
  • 6-7

0 0%
  • 5-7

0 0%
  • worse than 5-7

1 0.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What will our record be ion 2012, Including Bowl Game?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: What will our record be ion 2012, Including Bowl Game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    They got beat, but that's not why they have "struggled" since then. Their "struggles" come from losing their head coach June Jones. BTW just last year Hawai'i finished #24 in the final BCS standings and won a share of the WAC title.
    It is all tied together. I think you were one of the ones that made that argument back when it happened. There are a lot of usernames with dawg in them, so I could be confused; and it was a long time ago.
    Also, 1 year is the exception, not the rule.

Yes, they shared a WAC title, but schedule 13 games and win 10 of them, it's hard not to be ranked that low at minimum when everyone else is losing. They were behind 5 teams that had "worse" records.

Any publicity is good publicity is not true in all cases.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    And then had their asses handed to them, losing fan support and talent ever since. It is because of this game team with a similar schedule, such as Tech's 2012, will be looked over.
    The very next year after Hawai'i played in the Sugar Bowl, Ball State was ranked #12 in the BCS before the MAC title game.

#12 Ball State's Wins in 2008
    - Northeastern (FCS)
    - Western Kentucky (FCS-FBS transitional)
    - Navy (respectable non-AQ)
    - Indiana (Big Ten cellar dweller)
    - Akron
    - Kent State
    - Toledo
    - Eastern Michigan
    - Northern Illinois
    - Miami (OH)
    - Central Michigan
    - Western Michigan

Nobody looked over them. They just choked in the MAC championship game.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The very next year after Hawai'i played in the Sugar Bowl, Ball State was ranked #12 in the BCS before the MAC title game.

#12 Ball State's Wins in 2008
    - Northeastern (FCS)
    - Western Kentucky (FCS-FBS transitional)
    - Navy (respectable non-AQ)
    - Indiana (Big Ten cellar dweller)
    - Akron
    - Kent State
    - Toledo
    - Eastern Michigan
    - Northern Illinois
    - Miami (OH)
    - Central Michigan
    - Western Michigan

Nobody looked over them. They just choked in the MAC championship game.
    That does not match Hawaii 2007 nor Tech 2012.
    WKU was full FBS in 2008. Only 2007 was transitional.

Wasn't that around the end of the MAC love too?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

It is all tied together. I think you were one of the ones that made that argument back when it happened. There are a lot of usernames with dawg in them, so I could be confused; and it was a long time ago.
    Also, 1 year is the exception, not the rule.

Yes, they shared a WAC title, but schedule 13 games and win 10 of them, it's hard not to be ranked that low at minimum when everyone else is losing. They were behind 5 teams that had "worse" records.

Any publicity is good publicity is not true in all cases.
    I would have never argued that Hawai'i would struggle as a result of getting demolished in the Sugar Bowl.

Also, your second paragraph doesn't mean a thing. Of course teams with worse records were ranked higher than Hawai'i. The same goes for every non-AQ school. Just look at Boise State who has won all of their BCS games. They have many teams with worse records ranked higher than them every year.

Of course any publicity isn't always good publicity, but I don't believe that their Sugar Bowl experience was bad publicity for their school.

That does not match Hawaii 2007 nor Tech 2012.
    WKU was full FBS in 2008. Only 2007 was transitional.

Wasn't that around the end of the MAC love too?
    WKU wasn't a full FBS member until 2009.

Bulldog HokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the roughHokieDawg is a jewel in the rough

The Potato Bowl will be the WAC's only tie-in, but that's not the reason why. The NCAA gave the WAC a two year waiver to compete with less than 8 football teams. The reason the WAC was forced to only have 1 bowl tie-in is because next year's WAC teams have only averaged 1 bowl appearance over the past 4 years. That's the same reason why the WAC had to give up the New Mexico Bowl tie-in this season. This year Boise State's 4 bowls in the last 4 years were credited to the Mountain West.
    Thanks for the clarification. My understanding was that the 1 bowl tie in was a direct consequence of the waiver process.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

bump

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

We we can still be 10-3 guys. And we could have gone 13-0. It's been that type of season.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Well, I predicted 10-3. So we are meeting my expectations. Wish we could have exceeded them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Again for DQ

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

My expectations are less dependent of record and more based on potential realized, fans gained, national recognition, and increasing attendance and budget.

I think we made tiny minimal strides forward but had the opportunity to do so much more. I'm not happy and will personally need a long time to get over the feeling of loosing the chance to be in the same conversation with Utah, Boise, TCU...etc.

Next year will be the true reflection of how much ground we gained in the game of public perception.

+ Reply to Thread