+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Sexist Society?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

A Sexist Society?

Is Bachmann just the latest in line of women who have been dismissed just because of sex? Yeah, I know, you can attack some of her policy positions, etc.. but you can for male candidates as well. NO ONE is kookier than Ron Paul! He's a loon. Yet, he gets 22%? Proves that 22% of Iowans are also loony tunes.

In 2008 Hillary had a better resume' (still does) than obummer, and yet, after she cried in New Hampshire...remember that episode....her campaign began to wilt. Some voters openly, and others subconsciously, began to question if Hillary could handle being prez. I think they were really questioning if a woman could.

Then, all the stupid, ridiculous attacks on Sarah Palin. Most of them unfounded, uncalled-for, and simply wrong.....yet! Well, she's a woman, so it's justifiable, right?

This is just an observation.

The media treats women differently than male candidates. Oh, and BTW, this is NOT simply a case of men bashing women, according to one pundit, I remember a survey of only women, that showed nearly 40% think a woman shouldn't be president. That would probably be closer to 70% among men. If 4/10 women think a woman can't be prez, then that is probably why one hasn't ever gotten even a party nomination.

As for this year's race, I still like Newt. He has to make a good showing in NH and win SC, and probably at least come in 2nd in Fla, or his run is over.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A Sexist Society?

I don't think it is sexism for the voters. I think Republicans are scared to run Bachmann against Obama after seeing what the media did to Palin. The media loves liberal women, but hates conservative women (because Republicans are supposed to be rich white males only). Santorum is the closest candidate to Bachmann, and it looks like he got her votes yesterday.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I don't think it is sexism for the voters. I think Republicans are scared to run Bachmann against Obama after seeing what the media did to Palin. The media loves liberal women, but hates conservative women (because Republicans are supposed to be rich white males only). Santorum is the closest candidate to Bachmann, and it looks like he got her votes yesterday.
    I tend to agree with this, although the media is going to roast the republican candidate no matter who it turns out to be.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sw View Post
    I tend to agree with this, although the media is going to roast the republican candidate no matter who it turns out to be.
    Agree. Most Republicans are portrayed as dumb regardless of their sex. And all liberals are not only smart, but brilliant.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Just caught Bradshaw on Fox ..... he's a Newt guy too. Good to see him talking a little politics. Wish he had the opportunity to plug Tech on there.

+ Reply to Thread