+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paper Tiger - My new favorite song

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Paper Tiger - My new favorite song

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    If/when Tech becomes a "BCS caliber" school, and we start selling out our stadium, are you going to turn away lsu/ull/ulm/mcneese st/nsu grads and scoff at them for cheering for a school that's not their alma mater? Double standard, don't ya think?

Let me be clear, in-case I have given a wrong impression, I absolutely HATE lsu. There aren't many things on this earth that make me happier than seeing them lose at anything.
    McNeese & NSU I wouldn't scoff different division/market etc; ULL/ULM/lsu I'll take their money and smile and be nice and say thanks for coming, but won't have a bit of respect for them nor think they are around for the long-term.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

If/when Tech becomes a "BCS caliber" school, and we start selling out our stadium, are you going to turn away lsu/ull/ulm/mcneese st/nsu grads and scoff at them for cheering for a school that's not their alma mater? Double standard, don't ya think?

Let me be clear, in-case I have given a wrong impression, I absolutely HATE lsu. There aren't many things on this earth that make me happier than seeing them lose at anything.
    Apparently you don't understand what I said- there is absolutely no double standard in that. I only scoff at those people that cheer, donate, and attend for someone else and NOT their own. I can't stand the bandwagoners for lsu, but have no problem with those that are die hard TECH fans that also cheer for lsu. I don't understand it, but that is their deal. Based on my small sample, nlu has a worse problem than TECH with this- and based on the fans that turn out for the games, my sample must be fairly accurate.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    To me, it's a simple question:

"If your loyalties are split between Tech and LSU, who do you want to win if they were to play each other?"

And if you went to Tech, but not to LSU, you'd better say "TECH all the way!" or we're gonna have problems. I've had to call out a lot of my friends on this crap, and I don't back down.

But that being said, I think it's OK to pull for two teams.

Fair way to look at it. I've got a degree from Tech (BA) and lsu (masters) & wonder who else has degrees from both. Tech's ALWAYS been my first love, and while I went to LSU games regularly as a student there, I also drove back to Ruston for Tech conference games even if lsu was playing at home. I haven't been for lsu in anything since they chickened out on playing the Lady Techsters when we were a national power & since we beat them in basketball and they started ducking us. Once the bandwagoning started I hope they never win a game in anything.

I do use the money & retirement I earned with my lsu degree to give to Tech!! never given lsu a penny, never will.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Rule #1- I will ever loyal be to thee my Alma Mater......... support your university more than any other, have some pride in yourself instead of clinging to some other school that you have no real connection to.
    Rule #2- Don't be a jerk, a little smack talk is ok but try to represent your university with class. And if you didn't go to the university you are supporting you damn well better not try to talk smack about my University.

That's pretty much it. I can tolerate a casual fan that didn't go to XXX university as long as they are not a jerk about it. I can also tolerate a Tech grad who is a LSU fan as long as they support Tech first and formost. One of my great friends is a Tech grad and an LSU fan and I give him a hard time about it. The bottom line though is he buys season tickets to Tech and shows up to almost all of the games. If someone gives him LSU tickets he will go watch a game and he'll watch them on TV usually. He wears the occasional LSU shirt or hat and I give him a hard time, but when he has to choose between the two he chooses Tech.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Apparently you don't understand what I said- there is absolutely no double standard in that. I only scoff at those people that cheer, donate, and attend for someone else and NOT their own. I can't stand the bandwagoners for lsu, but have no problem with those that are die hard TECH fans that also cheer for lsu. I don't understand it, but that is their deal. Based on my small sample, nlu has a worse problem than TECH with this- and based on the fans that turn out for the games, my sample must be fairly accurate.
    I tried to say the same thing...I think IT gets it though.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    I tried to say the same thing...I think IT gets it though.
    I get it. I just feels like a double standard when we can't stand it when someone with a degree from another state school cheers for lsu, but if they were to cheer for us if/when we are in a big bowl game, they would have no problem with it.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I get it. I just feels like a double standard when we can't stand it when someone with a degree from another state school cheers for lsu, but if they were to cheer for us if/when we are in a big bowl game, they would have no problem with it.
    As for me, I don't have a problem with alumni of other schools supporting LSU or some other random school. I'd certainly welcome any non-Tech alumni who support Tech. However, I have a problem with the Louisiana Tech alumni who support LSU or some other random school. I hold our Louisiana Tech alumni to a higher standard.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I went to both Tech and LSU, but LSU can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Today I have on a red sideline polo, and my office walls have a big Tech banner and a small Tech logo on the walls. I've got Tech license plates here in Texas. I have a Tech welcome mat going into my house from the garage. I have plenty of Tech stuff in the house, though not EVERYWHERE (okay that'd be tacky). There's no questioning my loyalty. HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

They took the video down,

Varsity Bulldog OakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the rough OakTechDawg's Avatar

Yea I was trying to show it to some ull grads today. Two of them being lsu fans and one doesnt like lsu. Does anyone know where else to find it?

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OakTechDawg View Post
    Yea I was trying to show it to some ull grads today. Two of them being lsu fans and one doesnt like lsu. Does anyone know where else to find it?
    BUMP

Does anyone know where this song can be found?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Also bump. Looks like someone got their feelings hurt.

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

Must have gotten "skeered" by the tiggers and the paper tiggers.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

First the a$m video fail gets pulled, then paper tiggers... I guess I'm just too slow to watch these things before they get shut down.

But I did see the "Gus said to SHUT UP" video many times (and laughed my butt off!) before that one got pulled.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Paper Tiger was a song in the 60's sung by Sue Thompson Pop and Country singer. YouTube should have a number of covers on this.

+ Reply to Thread