+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints @ 49ers

Bulldog HoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the rough

Saints @ 49ers

Am I the only one who is a little more nervous about this game than the other potential matchups?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Saints @ 49ers

No. I'm nervous as hell about this game.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I'm always nervous about any Saints game.

Bulldog HoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the rough

Well, if you two are nervous, then I feel a little better. After watching Inside the NFL and reading up today, it's amazing that we're still considered favorites since most media picks have the 49ers winning. Tough matchups across the board, and what really makes this more unnerving is the lack of a road post season win during the Brees Era (not counting the Superbowl, which really wasn't a true away game).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonDawg2008 View Post
    Well, if you two are nervous, then I feel a little better. After watching Inside the NFL and reading up today, it's amazing that we're still considered favorites since most media picks have the 49ers winning. Tough matchups across the board, and what really makes this more unnerving is the lack of a road post season win during the Brees Era (not counting the Superbowl, which really wasn't a true away game).
    Vegas is the only picker that doesn't pick using emotion. Being favored on the road in the NFL is not a lock to cover, but the odds are heavy with the favorite to win.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Yep. I'm not nervous. Not saying we can't lose, but I'd we play our game, we won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Vegas is the only picker that doesn't pick using emotion. Being favored on the road in the NFL is not a lock to cover, but it is a lock to win.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Saints by 13. Maybe like Saints 34 - SF 20 (21) or so.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the score will be closer than what we've grown accustomed to, but the Saints play ahead and are in control throughout.

30-24 Saints

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Most important thing: the Saints defense has to step up. Like Bama's! don't let the Niners cross the 50!

Too much to expect.... seriously, the D has got to be BIG this weekend.

Oh, two important things, NO frickin' stupid turnovers by the Saints' offense.

And the O has got to be hitting on all cylinders....OK, that's three important things.

Special teams often decide tight games like this will be. Saints have got to win ST. Er, four important things....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Oh....just one more thing. I think it's important the Saints play from in-front. Have to win the 1st Qtr. Yeah, the Saints have a better chance to rally from behind with our potent O than the Niners would. But, can't allow the Niners to get comfortable in their game plan, which will be: clock management, running the ball, field position, and depending on their #1 defense.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Oh....just one more thing. I think it's important the Saints play from in-front. Have to win the 1st Qtr. Yeah, the Saints have a better chance to rally from behind with our potent O than the Niners would. But, can't allow the Niners to get comfortable in their game plan, which will be: clock management, running the ball, field position, and depending on their #1 defense.
    Agree with this. If the Saints can put up points in the first quarter fast, than we can force SF to change their gameplan and have to rely more on Alex Smith. Akers can kick from just about anywhere and score though, which makes the field position game more important this time around.

I also read that this will be a bat game for the Saints...not 100% on their record when games have had that designation, but I know it's in the winning percentage, if not undefeated. If the pass protection can hold up against a good sack-producing D, Drew should be able to land long bombs all day.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Our team is very good at picking up the blitz. Our QB gets the ball out quickly on hot routes. Our QB can throw downfield on any given play. Our defense is opportunistic enough to win the TO battle. Our special teams have a great chance to provide a spark. I think we have way to many assets that should allow us to take a lead and keep it.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feeling pretty good about this game. I think the Saints will cover the spread.

I can see SF putting up about 23 points but no more. I'll go with 27-23 Saints.

SF avg 21/game. Saints give up 21/game. So, just an "average" game, SF should end up with 21.
    Saints avg 34/game. SF gives up 14/game. Average those two and the Saints should end up with 24.

Saints 24 SF 21

(Hell! I'd take 3-2. Just win baby!)

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I worry about every single Saints game. They could be playing Ruston High and I would worry....... I have to look at the facts, though....... No one has been able to slow down the Saints offense lately. They seem to have caught fire. The running game has developed, so they are not so one dimensional anymore. The 49ers have a tough defense, but they haven't faced an offense like this yet. They have a REALLY tough time scoring, so all they have is the hope that Brees and company have a VERY off day, because I don't think they have the power to truly stop us if we are playing well.

I will worry until we are up by a couple of scores....... SF can't play catch up.

+ Reply to Thread