+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints @ 49ers

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: Saints @ 49ers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Greg Williams' stubbornness late in the game lost this one. Why are we blitzing on the last drive? Stay in a zone and keep them dumping it to Gore and eating the clock.

And for the record, we do not get enough sacks to justify our excessive blitzing. I won't mind if he leaves for St. Louis (and that is not based on one game).
    Never thought they would get past this week-end for this very reason. Williams is an idiot and smoke and mirrors don't get you very far this time of the year.

The better team won today

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Ditto. And again single coverage on TE Davis??? Really??? The dude had 185 yards and was their leading wr.
    Double ditto - man to man coverage and blitzing. That was stupid.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Kinda like a flip flop of the NFC championship game in 2009. You can't have five turnovers and be upset you lost.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

I wondered why they never tried someone other than #27 on Davis. Every long pass he caught was over #27.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    I wondered why they never tried someone other than #27 on Davis. Every long pass he caught was over #27.
    Wouldn't have mattered. We should never have been in man coverage on either of the last two drives.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

just as I feared: stupid turnovers (5) and the defense unable to make a stop at a critical moment. Typical Saints....

But, I still love 'em!

Who Dat!

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    just as I feared: stupid turnovers (5) and the defense unable to make a stop at a critical moment. Typical Saints....

But, I still love 'em!

Who Dat!
    Totally agree. Can't have that many turnovers and expect to win. The fact they almost pulled it out, just shows how good they really are. Can't put this loss on the coaches. The offense has to hold on to the ball. (And yes, I'm talking about the Brees int's too). Points off turnovers is what cost the Saints.

I'll say this about the defense, the bend but don't break defense, which I have never liked. They wouldn't have had to make a critical stop if the there were not 5 turnovers by the offense.

Next year, the Super Bowl is in New Orleans...Already gotta a feeling. WHO DAT!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post

That's the ticket!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Yeah, keep dreaming. Saints fans are learning what other past Super Bowl champions already know: it's extremely difficult for a nucleus of players to win multiple Super Bowl titles. The "decline" has already started for the Saints, some of you just don't know it yet. :icon_wink: The Saints didn't didn't get as far THIS year as they did last year. And last year they didn't get as far as the year before (Super Bowl). A couple of years from now, they'll have trouble just making the playoffs.

Get used to it.

HD

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

The Saints lost in the first round last year and the second this year.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yeah, keep dreaming. Saints fans are learning what other past Super Bowl champions already know: it's extremely difficult for a nucleus of players to win multiple Super Bowl titles. The "decline" has already started for the Saints, some of you just don't know it yet. :icon_wink: The Saints didn't didn't get as far THIS year as they did last year. And last year they didn't get as far as the year before (Super Bowl). A couple of years from now, they'll have trouble just making the playoffs.

Get used to it. HD
    You might want to check your facts before you post.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to post without reading this thread just to say that I still can't post about this game.......

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

At least we lost in true Saints fashion - an idiotic blaze of defining glory....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Get used to it.

HD
    Wow HD did you really just write that ignorant of a post? Talk about not knowing one's football. And your cowgirls and egomaniac JJ can only have wet dreams about being as good as the Saints. The Saints future is bright and ahead of us whereas the cowgirls are the very long ago past with you know who in charge.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 01-15-2012 at 07:31 PM.

How do you not double cover Vernon Davis, the only guy catching the ball for SF and the only guy that Smith is really looking for? A season worth of turnovers obviously killed the Saints. Crazy!!!
    Ditto. And again single coverage on TE Davis??? Really??? The dude had 185 yards and was their leading wr.
    From Saintsreport.com I guess Terry Bradshaw ripped Saints DC Williams big time today for exactly what I, and the rest of our fans, were saying and posting. this still pi$$'s me how bad Williams called, and of course how they played, the last 5 minutes on defense.

Terry Bradshaw just roasted GW !!! <VERNON DAVIS INTERVIEW...MERGED>

....on the Pack/Giants halftime show ....talkin live to Vernon D. about being in man cov with just seconds left - really voicing our Whodat consternation

Vernon Davis interview "I told Alex, hey they are leaving me in man coverage"

For anyone not watching the Packer/Giants game, they just interviewed TE Vernon Davis, the 49er who on last drive got them 47 yards on a 27 yard catch and 20 yards after catch, and also caught the winning 14 yard TD as well as many other key catches.

In the interview they asked him:
    "Where you surprised, even knowing the Saints like to blitz, that with less than 2 minutes and over 80 yards to go that they left you matched up in man coverage?"

His response:
    "I was shocked, I couldnt believe it, I was like, what's going on here. so I told Alex, hey, they are leaving me in man coverage, come to me!"

That kinda confirms what we all thought about the coaching decision to leave him alone!

+ Reply to Thread