+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. Techsters Host Utah State Saturday

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Re: W. Basketball. Techsters Host Utah State Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Not even close....Tennessee laid the lumber on Tech at home a few years ago. Tech barely scored 30 that game if I remember correctly.
    Losing badly to Tennessee is probably not as bad as losing badly to Utah State. We're just not very good.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Yes, we have an excuse. I told you, we have a terrible coach.
    That's a problem, not an excuse. It also doesn't help that Coach Spoon decided not to replace the assistant coach she let go before the season started.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Well, whether it's an excuse or a problem, the end result is the same. Hiring 'spoon was a good idea, extending her contract wasn't.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

3:00 usu 77-55

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Losing badly to Tennessee is probably not as bad as losing badly to Utah State. We're just not very good.
    This team barely beat Prairie View and lost badly to a bad Western Kentucky team. Expectations are very low.

The Tech team that got drilled by Tennessee had high expectations and got nothing done that night.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Final USU 79-62

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

tough game to sit thru.

Love my Lady Techsters forever

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Yes, this post is appearing after a loss. No, I did not post about the win against Idaho. The reason for not posting after the Idaho win is that I did not think the game was worth posting about. The explanation by the Techsters' coach for substituting the way she chose to substitute did not hold water with me. The team is now in conference play. Time to find your identity has passed. There is no consistency in this program. That problem began under Long. It has become far worse under Spoon. The Idaho game, while a win and a much needed win, was a representation of the weakness of this program. The Techsters did not dominate Idaho. They beat them. They did not dominate. At home.

USU is much better than Idaho. USU is better than many of the other teams in the conference. Neither of those two facts change the other fact that the Techster program just suffered one of (if not THE worst) conference loss at home...ever.

Of course I will remain a fan even if they lose the remaining games on the schedule, as the Techsters are one of my few guilty pleasures. That said, this is a forum for posting opinions. So here's mine.

If the program isn't saved soon, it will be years before it will ever have the opportunity to once again be relevant. The fact that there are many who still think the program IS relevant is part of the problem. Denial, and holding on to the way things were, is ignoring what it is. It's a mess. That's just what it looks like from the outside in to SOME of us. Not all, but some.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Spot on.....

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    This team barely beat Prairie View and lost badly to a bad Western Kentucky team. Expectations are very low.

The Tech team that got drilled by Tennessee had high expectations and got nothing done that night.
    Oh, you're thinking about the Holdsclaw team that walloped us at home back when we were good. Didn't get what you meant. Thought you were talking about a recent game. Actually, almost any home loss from those days might be worse--right now, I don't have much in the way of expectations. Now it's more about seeing just how low we've fallen.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

A winning season is now questionable...

Fresno, Hawaii, and Nevada are all tougher than USU

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    A winning season is now questionable...

Fresno, Hawaii, and Nevada are all tougher than USU
    I am wrong usu has the best record, I just think Hawaii will be tough to beat on the island and Nevada is Nevada

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I am wrong usu has the best record, I just think Hawaii will be tough to beat on the island and Nevada is Nevada
    I agree.... USU may win the conference this year. They are the best team right now. The WAC tournament is what matters (and getting a decent seed in that tournament). We have a long way to go to achieve that. Unlike most on here, I still have ultimate faith in Spoon, though. We sure do need a strong post presence, though. Everyone is tuning their defense toward our guards. I want more out of Bramble-Donaldson and Anderson, at least. I expected Bramble-Donaldson to really step up this year. I have seen flashes, but not dominance.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree.... USU may win the conference this year. They are the best team right now. The WAC tournament is what matters (and getting a decent seed in that tournament). We have a long way to go to achieve that. Unlike most on here, I still have ultimate faith in Spoon, though. We sure do need a strong post presence, though. Everyone is tuning their defense toward our guards. I want more out of Bramble-Donaldson and Anderson, at least. I expected Bramble-Donaldson to really step up this year. I have seen flashes, but not dominance.
    Fresno State is the best team.

RPI (through games of Jan. 8)
    64. Fresno State
    160. Utah State
    187. Louisiana Tech
    212. Hawai'i
    277. Nevada
    284. San Jose State
    307. New Mexico State
    316. Idaho

+ Reply to Thread