+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UH remember what program you are playing for

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

UH remember what program you are playing for

I am not a person that believes in being negative with our players or coaches but I am a person that believes in laying it on the line. So here it goes.
    I really think that our current Lady Techsters need to remember that playing for Louisiana Tech is a privilege not a right. They play for our program at our coaches and adminstrations pleasure.
    We have some fans that believe that it is all about the coaching and when that fails to get results it is about the adminstration and when that fails it is because we are young and havent found their chemistry.
    EFFORT, that is what is missing on the floor and that is something that you can't coach but you can most certainly replace. There is absolutely no excuse for lack of effort you can work hard at all times even when things are not going your way.
    I am not being mean but this group has not earned the right to use TAC for their games or even practices, I would call Ruston JR High and ask if we could use their facility for our games until the players can show that they deserve to use our facilities.
    I am not being mean nor am I targeting our kids but I am saying it is time for them to learn that there is a expectation when you put on that uniform or practice jersey and that is EFFORT is expected and demanded to be given at all times.
    When you get beat on defense that is lack of effort, defense is about heart and when you can't defend that just means your not putting the effort forth to get the job done.
    Come on people I know some of you are gonna blast me for this and I am ready.
    Last night was about lack of effort and was embarrassing, I agree with FFA. the worst conference loss ever, losing last night was the equivalent to when USL came in and jumped on top of us 12-0 years and years ago. Leon called a time out and would not let the girls come to the bench, he made them stay out on the floor in front of everyone for a full minute and figure it out on their own.
    I think they came back and won by 50 in that game but it got the point across, they were accountable for the actions on the floor. These athletes need to be held accountable for their actions on the floor and making them earn their lockerroom, jerseys, practice gear and everything that comes with our program is a good starting point

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: UH remember what program you are playing for

I agree that players absolutely should be held accountable for their actions; and coaches for their actions. So where does the blame most deservedly lie? In the example above, the Techsters were performing poorly in A GAME and were held accountable by the coach. In this current season, the Techsters have been performing poorly over the course of THE SEASON (and I'm not referencing wins and losses, but all facets of playing). In this case the coach is clearly identifiable as the one on whom lies primary accountability. Either the coach has failed at recruiting talent that possesses work ethic and motivation, or the coach has failed to coach and instill that part of motivation that is derived from the coach. Either way, the product that you see on the court is largely a coaching failure.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I agree that players absolutely should be held accountable for their actions; and coaches for their actions. So where does the blame most deservedly lie? In the example above, the Techsters were performing poorly in A GAME and were held accountable by the coach. In this current season, the Techsters have been performing poorly over the course of THE SEASON (and I'm not referencing wins and losses, but all facets of playing). In this case the coach is clearly identifiable as the one on whom lies primary accountability. Either the coach has failed at recruiting talent that possesses work ethic and motivation, or the coach has failed to coach and instill that part of motivation that is derived from the coach. Either way, the product that you see on the court is largely a coaching failure.
    I have to agree with you. I really want Spoon to succeed at TECH- I hope things turn around quickly!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I am sorry I wasn't talking just this game and sorry if it came as though I was, no this entire season has been a case of of the players in my opinion not really putting 100% effort on the court the entire time. The coach is responsible for holding their feet to the fire the entire time and if they aren't getting it done then pretty much treating it as and employee/employer situation. I think and again this is just me but I think we have the talent, I don't see that as the issue. I just don't see a family on that court that is working as a family. I see individuals and that comes from lack of trust in each other. They seem to be so worried about their own assignments that they are not ensuring that their teammates are protected. If there is a coaching failure it I think it is easily remedied, you yank away the perks of the program and make them earn them and either they will get on board or they will move on either way we are a better program for it.
    I also want to point out that some are laying everything on the floor but this is about a team and not individuals so as a team the effort is lacking. The coaches have to identify the issues and begin corrective actions to ensure that it is moving in the direction it needs to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post

I badly want Spoon to succeed, this is just growing pains for her of being still a new coach, yeah this is her third year kinda but it is still a learning process. She has to learn and make the strides so that the speed bump isn't something that is a constant. I believe in our coaching staff. I just want this group of players to understand that the expectation they have to live upto is not one that is negotiable. Either they will live up to them or we need to find the ingredients for our program that will. I think this is a great group of young women but right now they seem to be hopeing that they don't lose and they need to start with the wishing mentality. "I wish you would try to come on this floor and compete with us" When they start giving the effort they will find that menality because they will know they deserve the greatness that follows this program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I have to agree with you. I really want Spoon to succeed at TECH- I hope things turn around quickly!

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I am not a person that believes in being negative with our players or coaches but I am a person that believes in laying it on the line. So here it goes.
    I really think that our current Lady Techsters need to remember that playing for Louisiana Tech is a privilege not a right. They play for our program at our coaches and adminstrations pleasure.
    We have some fans that believe that it is all about the coaching and when that fails to get results it is about the adminstration and when that fails it is because we are young and havent found their chemistry.
    EFFORT, that is what is missing on the floor and that is something that you can't coach but you can most certainly replace. There is absolutely no excuse for lack of effort you can work hard at all times even when things are not going your way.
    I am not being mean but this group has not earned the right to use TAC for their games or even practices, I would call Ruston JR High and ask if we could use their facility for our games until the players can show that they deserve to use our facilities.
    I am not being mean nor am I targeting our kids but I am saying it is time for them to learn that there is a expectation when you put on that uniform or practice jersey and that is EFFORT is expected and demanded to be given at all times.
    When you get beat on defense that is lack of effort, defense is about heart and when you can't defend that just means your not putting the effort forth to get the job done.
    Come on people I know some of you are gonna blast me for this and I am ready.
    Last night was about lack of effort and was embarrassing, I agree with FFA. the worst conference loss ever, losing last night was the equivalent to when USL came in and jumped on top of us 12-0 years and years ago. Leon called a time out and would not let the girls come to the bench, he made them stay out on the floor in front of everyone for a full minute and figure it out on their own.
    I think they came back and won by 50 in that game but it got the point across, they were accountable for the actions on the floor. These athletes need to be held accountable for their actions on the floor and making them earn their lockerroom, jerseys, practice gear and everything that comes with our program is a good starting point
    Wow! Now you are jumping all over the players with both feet, yet about a week or ten days ago you chastised all of us that had said anything negative about them. You were very afraid that we would hurt their feelings. Now you hit them between the eyes with a two by four. Exactly where do you stand?

Last night the Techsters got beat by a much superior team that was well coached and very disciplined.

It is my humble opinion that Spoon is doing precisely too much of what you are advocating. She is spending to much time critisizing, condemning and complaining about the players publicly, and probably in practices and during the games as well instead of teaching. Afterall, coaching is teaching. The ability to teach at a high level comes with experience. Something that Spoon has not had enough time to acquire. Many of you expected that she would take over, wave a magic wand, and restore the program to its former greatness. If so, then perhaps you are driving while looking in the rear view mirror.

I also fear that she has a potty-mouth around the young women. I hope that I am wrong, but my intuition leads me to believe otherwise. If so, it is totally uncalled for and not very wise on her part.

+ Reply to Thread