+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lady-Techsters-land-top-JUCO-forward

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs Up Lady-Techsters-land-top-JUCO-forward

Just saw this one. She's 6' 2" , a straight A student and has three years to play three at Tech.Looks like a great snag by Spoon!

Teresa Weatherspoon's expressiveness on the basketball court, both as a player and as a coach, helped the Lady Techsters land a verbal commitment from one of the top junior college power forwards in the country over the weekend.
    Lamar (Colo.) Community College freshman Maryam Dogo, who scored 40 points and pulled down 13 rebounds on Saturday in Lamar's 101-51 win over Adam State, was being heavily recruited by Oklahoma State, Oregon State, TCU, Memphis and Seton Hall.
    "I chose Louisiana Tech because of the passion that coach Weatherspoon has for the game of basketball," Dogo said. "Where I'm from, everyone loves Teresa Weatherspoon and would love to play for her. I love the way she'll fall on the floor or do other crazy things.

Rest of article
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...p-JUCO-forward

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Re: Lady-Techsters-land-top-JUCO-forward

Nice pick up! I like the fact that she has three years of eligibility.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice pick up!!!!!!!!!!!! We need this one badly! Notice the REASON she chose La. Tech!

Love that she has 3 years of eligibility left, as well.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Great job, now go pickup 2 or 3 more.

TB

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post
    Great job, now go pickup 2 or 3 more.

TB
    Would still love to have that HUGE post player. This is great for a forward, though, and she can run the floor.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Yes! This is a great pick up. This will give us four 6'2" or better players next year, the most in a while. I am very excited about how next year's team is shaping up. We have options!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Congrats to T-Spoon and the Lady Techsters. This looks like a great verbal commit. When is signing day for the LT's commits?

HD

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Very nice pick up!!!!!!!!!!!! We need this one badly! Notice the REASON she chose La. Tech!

Love that she has 3 years of eligibility left, as well.
    No question about Spoon's passion. We all know she's a great ambassador for the Techsters, and an important recruiting instrument. Maybe she just needs a co-head coach to handle X's an O's, and allow Spoon to be Spoon.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No question about Spoon's passion. We all know she's a great ambassador for the Techsters, and an important recruiting instrument. Maybe she just needs a co-head coach to handle X's an O's, and allow Spoon to be Spoon.
    Where did some of you folks get the idea that T-Spoon is weak with X's and O's? I don't recall this being mentioned in 2009-2010 when she saved Tech's season and won the WAC tournament, or in 2010-2011 when she won the WAC regular season title.

I'm not challenging the point. I just never heard this issue discussed at all until this season. Could it be that T-Spoon is suffering from a weak junior and senior class vacuum that Chris Long failed to populate properly with recruits 3 and 4 years ago?

HD

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

http://louisianatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1319623

Great quotes from Maryam. Subscription required.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Where did some of you folks get the idea that T-Spoon is weak with X's and O's? I don't recall this being mentioned in 2009-2010 when she saved Tech's season and won the WAC tournament, or in 2010-2011 when she won the WAC regular season title.

I'm not challenging the point. I just never heard this issue discussed at all until this season. Could it be that T-Spoon is suffering from a weak junior and senior class vacuum that Chris Long failed to populate properly with recruits 3 and 4 years ago?

HD
    I'll take THAT reasoning rather than much of what has been posted lately.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

There is an inherent flaw in your argument: Spoon "saved" the 2009-2010 season and won the WAC 2010-2011 season with Long's recruits. My response is directed less at you and more at others who want to have it both ways. You can't blame Long's recruits when things go bad but then credit Spoon for doing well when she only had Long's recruits to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

HD
    No weakness with X and O's........ In fact, I would say she knows the game inside and out better than most coaches in the country. A PG knows the X and O's of the game plus she has experience with coaching before here. She is trying to get it turned around on the court now and I have faith that she can do just that. She has done it in the past.

Spoon is a GREAT asset to our program and, not only can she coach, but her name brings in recruits. Some of the comments on here drive them away and before I get the argument that a message board doesn't affect recruiting, just think of 16/17 year old girls reading some of this stuff.

I want the recruits to know that the ONLY reason people are upset is because we expect more from the Techsters and they are trying to find a reason that we are not playing to our potential. We look forward to more players coming in and helping to get us back.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    There is an inherent flaw in your argument: Spoon "saved" the 2009-2010 season and won the WAC 2010-2011 season with Long's recruits. My response is directed less at you and more at others who want to have it both ways. You can't blame Long's recruits when things go bad but then credit Spoon for doing well when she only had Long's recruits to work with.
    The issue for those of us who get to see the Lady Techsters regularly, up close, and in person is on-court leadership.

Who wants, even demands the ball, who fires up the team with their play and attitude, who rallies them emotion and with energy? Almost always it's upperclassmen. Senior leadership. That's the major lack I see this year. We had "stud" leaders in 09-10 (Dowdell) and 10-11 (Johnson). No one's filling that role this year, that's the difference, that's what Spoon has to find. If you could join me on the front row at the Techster's 2nd half goal, when games are on the line, you'd see this lack: in faces, body language, confidence, aggression. Spoon's recruits are basically freshman/sophomores. I appreciate our seniors and will miss a lot of them, they like to play and have talent, but ther's no innate leadership temperament that I see.

If you get to Ruston for a home game please be my guest and watch up close. Send me a pm & I'l give you contact info.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I've seen weakness in X's and O's. Not to mention basic fundamentals.

And, I'll take you up on your offer Russdawg. I'll holler via a PM, when I know I can make a game. Hopefully, very soon.

+ Reply to Thread