+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lady-Techsters-land-top-JUCO-forward

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Lady-Techsters-land-top-JUCO-forward

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I've seen weakness in X's and O's. Not to mention basic fundamentals.

And, I'll take you up on your offer Russdawg. I'll holler via a PM, when I know I can make a game. Hopefully, very soon.
    Looking forward to it! We're mainly Tech fanatics love basketball, not students of the game, so it'll be enjoyable.

Varsity Bulldog DelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    The issue for those of us who get to see the Lady Techsters regularly, up close, and in person is on-court leadership.

Who wants, even demands the ball, who fires up the team with their play and attitude, who rallies them emotion and with energy? Almost always it's upperclassmen. Senior leadership. That's the major lack I see this year. We had "stud" leaders in 09-10 (Dowdell) and 10-11 (Johnson). No one's filling that role this year, that's the difference, that's what Spoon has to find. If you could join me on the front row at the Techster's 2nd half goal, when games are on the line, you'd see this lack: in faces, body language, confidence, aggression. Spoon's recruits are basically freshman/sophomores. I appreciate our seniors and will miss a lot of them, they like to play and have talent, but ther's no innate leadership temperament that I see.

If you get to Ruston for a home game please be my guest and watch up close. Send me a pm & I'l give you contact info.

THIS THIS THIS!!

So many posts here I don't know where to start but this echoes my thoughts.
    No matter what your opinion of Spoon is as a coach, she can only do so much from the bench. She can't get out on the floor and play with them or lead by example. Every time I've talked to Spoon when I run into her around town she's on fire with her enthusiam and excitement. We are missing a leader on the court. Someone like Spoon was, someone that hustles 40 minutes like TJ did. List any great players from the past. It's just an attitude or appearance.
    I was thinking JB would step up but I haven't seen it. I haven't seen any of our upperclassmen try to truly be a leader or kick some butt when they start dragging.
    What encourages me is what I see in the freshmen. Courtney will be there I think. Frazier as well. Jelena has some hustle and I think she will step up.
    When I'm not at work I will try to post more on what I see from attending every home game.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

This young gal sounds like a nice pick up for the Techsters!
    We should have one more recruite to sign for the 2012-2013 class next year, a really BIG would make it an incredible class of young Techsters!
    Keep up the good work coach TSpoon!

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

We have five seniors, and five new players coming in - two bigs and three guards. That would fill us up unless somebody redshirts.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    We have five seniors, and five new players coming in - two bigs and three guards. That would fill us up unless somebody redshirts.
    ---
    that would make since but aren't we short the position that the gal from Benton that signed with the Techsters as well?
    6 would make 13 Techsters on the program for 2012-2013???

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

RECRUITING CLASS
    Lulu Perry (Benton High) - guard
    Veanca Hall (Richwood High) - forward 6'2"
    JUCO point guard (name escapes me)
    Kelia Shelton (transfer from Clemson) - guard with 3 years left
    Maryam Dogo (Lamar Community College) - forward 6'2"

next year should look like this...

SENIORS - Hardy
    JUNIORS - Anderson, Vucinic, JUCO guard
    SOPHOMORES - Andrews, Frazier, Hayes, Langston, Shelton, Dogo
    FRESHMEN - Perry, Hall

That'll be 4 girls at least 6'2"...they originally signed Laura Owen from Benton last year as well and I thought she was redshirting, but I've never seen her so not sure about her...

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Better start planning for next year, this year is about done...

+ Reply to Thread