+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bank fishing

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Bank fishing

As some of you have probably gathered from reading some other fishing threads, I don't have a boat and won't have one for the forseeable future unless some generous person feels like giving one away. Anyway, this has turned me into a bank fisherman. I'd like to find some places that the 9 year old and Vette and I can go to other than the lakes and peoples' private residences (although I won't turn those down). I messaged maddawg, and he's recommended one place on the Ouachita that we're going to try when we get a chance. I'd like to find some more on the Ouachita as well. I also would like to know if any of you have any suggestions on where I can go to fish from the banks of any bayous, ponds, lakes, etc... I really like to fish for catfish, but plan on most other species as well particularly sac-au-lait. I have a gps, so any coordinates would be appreciated as I can find it on google earth as well and map my directions from there. Thank you all. Who knows. I might find a cheap video camera and self produce a fishing show on bank fishing and see if I can get Cox to sign it and get me some sponsors. I'll have Coach Mick as one of my celebrity guests if he'll do it. Basically, I'd like to get a fishing show for North Louisiana as they have on Cox based in South Louisiana. We'd have a feature with marketdawg cooking "the catch of the day". What do y'all think? But regardless of that, any help with bank fishing spots would be appreciated.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Bank fishing

Here's a good link about Lincoln Parish Park Dirty. http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=283
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Here's a good link about Lincoln Parish Park Dirty. http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=283
    Thanks, brother. If the rain holds off long enough, I might make that short drive with the 9 year old. They're off school tomorrow. I've been there several times. Almost hooked me about a 5 lb bass the last time. Then he swam up to the shallows about 5 feet from the bank just to rub it in. I swear I wanted to jump in after him Grizzly Adams style. I just get worried about it being over fished. It'll give us something to do, though. Vette has class, so I might have to wait until she's done, then we can spend the day out there afterwards, or if her class is late enough, I'll get her to drop me and the young 'en off before class. I like the list of lakes they have at the beginning of that column. I'll be checking them out. You didn't respond to my idea of the tv show with the segment of "Cooking the catch of the day" from Maxwell's Market.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

On the tv thing I'm always ready for some face time. My first cooking segment got moved to Fox and then canceled a while back.
    Take a box of worms and bottom fish the dam side at Lincoln P Park. I bet you'll be surprised how many catfish you'll get. You can also use a lighter rod and reel with small line on it to bottom fish for bream in the spring and summer. Just put enough split shot on your line (about 12 to 18 inches above a long shanked bream hook) to allow you to fling a bait a good ways.On the hook thread a chunk of canadian crawler and a chunk or two of whole kernel canned corn...yes I said canned corn! No bobber or cork needed. throw it out and bounce it back real slow to the bank. We absolutely wear the big bream out with this rig and you can also usually get a some catfish with this as well.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I refuse to fish with anybody who spells go as geaux or says sac-au-lait.

You stay in the car while we fish.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Dr. Edwin Davis has the best catfish pond in Lincoln Parish

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

Hey. I never spell geaux. I did throw the sac-au-lait in especially for you, though.

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

If you fish the banks with your children, watch for Gators, they are out there in many lakes and ponds.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderDawg View Post
    If you fish the banks with your children, watch for Gators, they are out there in many lakes and ponds.
    Thanks. I have thought about that. I will be carrying insurance with me in case, but will also have my eyes open. Fortunately, I spent enough time in gator infested waters growing up, that I've been pretty good at spotting the signs.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you get one of these:

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

This is where I stopped reading. I grew up on that fish. :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Make sure you get one of these:

I actually have two.

+ Reply to Thread