+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 duck season

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

2012-2013 duck season

never to early to start getting ready. I believe Mistey the wonder dawg thinks her dawg duck blind might be to nice to actually BE a duck blind
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: 2012-2013 duck season

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    never to early to start getting ready. I believe Mistey the wonder dawg thinks her dawg duck blind might be to nice to actually BE a duck blind
    We've been talking ducks, but it's hard to get too excited when it's 103 outside.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Talked to one of my friends who hunts in Bradley, Ark and he said the teal never left for the summer!? Maybe the drought has something to do with this? This guy lives for duck hunting and was definitely serious when he mentioned this fact to me and it truly has me puzzled. I think the drought up north and the lack of crops left for the migrating ducks will make this coming season one to remember for us down south!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Talked to one of my friends who hunts in Bradley, Ark and he said the teal never left for the summer!? Maybe the drought has something to do with this? This guy lives for duck hunting and was definitely serious when he mentioned this fact to me and it truly has me puzzled. I think the drought up north and the lack of crops left for the migrating ducks will make this coming season one to remember for us down south!
    You mean he is saying the teal never migrated back north?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

That's what he said. I've never heard of such but I believe this guy. They have a slough and two reservoirs that keep water on his place all year and he said he's had teal all summer.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    You mean he is saying the teal never migrated back north?
    Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    That's what he said. I've never heard of such but I believe this guy. They have a slough and two reservoirs that keep water on his place all year and he said he's had teal all summer.
    Animals are fascinating creatures. I'm not being sarcastic, but how in the heck would they know not to migrate at all? Did a few scouts go ahead and somehow message back to stay the ef away? But you see it in all types of animals. Unreal.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Wouldn't ya know. All indications are that the drought in the West and up north is going to make for one hell of a duck season around here and our farmer is not going to flood our field this year.

Can you say rush to find a new pit blind

Varsity Bulldog SteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the rough

I just moved to the Shreveport area from Ruston a few months ago for PA school. I have been hunting on public land for the last several years with a few pit blind trips whenever a buddy could squeeze me in. Anyone in the area know of any public land close to the Shreveport area that is fairly close and descent hunting? Also I don't have a boat, only a 4 wheeler. Thx

Red River WMA has 4 wheeler access but only if you have the non-mudder tires. I have a SHreveport buddy that limited every time he went last year.

Sorry...meant to say Red River Refuge....

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

come on guys, where's the teal reports. Mistey got her limit plus some . . . Mistey duck_092012_sm.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    come on guys, where's the teal reports. Mistey got her limit plus some . . . Attachment 9783
    What day id this occur? 3 of us killed 7 Saturday. Reports from most places around us have not been great yet.

i like the pic. Seens any moccasins? We saw one as we were riding to our spot Saturday. Got my attention real good.
    Good old Memorial Gym

What day id this occur? 3 of us killed 7 Saturday. Reports from most places around us have not been great yet.

i like the pic. Seens any moccasins? We saw one as we were riding to our spot Saturday. Got my attention real good.
    west of monroe. I think they've dont pretty good everytime they've gone. when he mentioned going i was worried about snakes but he said he hadnt seen any and we didnt see any today. however, this place was LOADED with them back in the spring when they were letting the water out of the ponds.

Wow, little sleep and an hour trip for nothing Saturday morning. Several groups came whooshing by too early to shoot. One group lit in the decoys 15 feet from us. But after shooting time we had nothing except a headache from no sleep. It messed me up all day unti the great Tech game perked me up.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Wow, little sleep and an hour trip for nothing Saturday morning. Several groups came whooshing by too early to shoot. One group lit in the decoys 15 feet from us. But after shooting time we had nothing except a headache from no sleep. It messed me up all day unti the great Tech game perked me up.
    you hunt around monroe? sheveport?

+ Reply to Thread