+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Fishing season 2012

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Fishing season 2012

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I saw two guys in a fishing boat getting their asses whipped going back up the lake Sunday afternoon! Were you in a smaller fishing boat that had the seats one behind the other and not side by side? I truly was worried for whoever it was. I haven't seen any lake that rough in quite some time...if ever.
    No, Ross, we were in a green Ranger with a 90 horse motor on it that only knows one speed -- wide open.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Just in case you were wondering if the baseball caps with the built-in LED lights in the bill function while underwater; and still on your head, wonder no more. They do. I'm sure Shreveportdawg would love to fill you in as soon as he stops laughing uncontrollably every time he repeats the story. BTW: The Otter Box for an I-Phone is NOT waterproof.l
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

IMAG0369.jpg

This is the mess of cats LatechBanjo and I caught on Sunday.

I have no idea how a guy fishes and surfs the internet on his phone....

IMAG0370.jpg

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Slaughtered the crappie on Lake Tyler this afternoon!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Slaughtered the crappie on Lake Tyler this afternoon!
    Crappie? Did you catch them on minnows?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Crappie? Did you catch them on minnows?
    Yes sir buddy!!! The four of us caught 33 of them in one hour.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

My dad used to catch "crappie" maddawg, but he caught them on "minners."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Did he catch them after they had done sponded?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Is a crappie similar to a perch and is a minnow similar to a shiner?

After working two 90+ hour weeks in a row I FINALLY got to get over to Lake Claiborne on Monday afternoon. My parents new boathouse is finally done and I was looking forward to Monday evening fishing. I promised my brother that I'd try to repair his bilge pump on his 20 foot Tahoe deck boat before going out however. The bilge is conveniently located under and almost behind the large V-8 motor in a very snug engine compartment While replacing the broken bilge pump I bumped the live well pump hose that is located on the aft wall behind the engine; making it impossible to reach. The old plastic fittings were brittle and broke off causing water to pour-in from the lake into the engine compartment. A definite Oh Sh++ moment! I scrambled to wire the new bilge in a race against time. Keep in mind all this is being done while lying on my stomach crammed under a large motor and all the wires/fittings are at fingertip level and now underwater. In the meanwhile the motor housing had fallen on me bruising my ribs. Long story short I had to call my brother and he hauled-ass from Monroe to help me get his boat out of water-which we did just in the nick of time.
    I ended-up fishing down by the dam that evening despite my discomfort and caught 8 stripers all in the 3-5 lb range and broke one off. I also set 6 yo-yos on our new dock and caught 4 catfish that night. We chased schooling stripers at dawn the next AM but couldn't stay on them for long. Ended up catching two nice black bass on a topwater around 8:30 am. One about 3 lbs and another around 5 or so. Will be headed back over Saturday evening and staying through Monday.
    Last edited by marketdawg; 05-23-2012 at 12:00 PM.

After working two 90+ hour weeks in a row I FINALLY got to get over to Lake Claiborne on Monday afternoon. My parents new boathouse is finally done and I was looking forward to Monday evening fishing. I promised my brother that I'd try to repair his bilge pump on his 20 foot Tahoe deck boat before going out however. The bilge is conveniently located under and almost behind the large V-8 motor in a very snug engine compartment While replacing the broken bilge pump I bumped the live well pump hose that is located on the aft wall behind the engine; making it impossible to reach. The old plastic fittings were brittle and broke off causing water to pour-in from the lake into the engine compartment. A definite Oh Sh++ moment! I scrambled to wire the new bilge in a race against time. Keep in mind all this is being done while lying on my stomach crammed under a large motor and all the wires/fittings are at fingertip level and now underwater. In the meanwhile the motor housing had fallen on me bruising my ribs. Long story short I had to call my brother and he hauled-ass from Monroe to help me get his boat out of water-which we did just in the nick of time.
    I ended-up fishing down by the dam that evening despite my discomfort and caught 8 stripers all in the 3-5 lb range and broke one off. I also set 6 yo-yos on our new dock and caught 4 catfish that night. We chased schooling stripers at dawn the next AM but couldn't stay on them for long. Ended up catching two nice black bass on a topwater around 8:30 am. One about 3 lbs and another around 5 or so. Will be headed back over Saturday evening and staying through Monday.
    A 5 pounder on a topwater? Wow! That was some fun.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    A 5 pounder on a topwater? Wow! That was some fun.
    Best part of the 5 lber was that I could see him cruising the bank with another bass just a foot or so behind him. The water was super clear in our pocket so i could see down to around 4-5 feet deep. I threw way out in front with a Zara Puppy and just let it sit until he got near it. Two twitches and he blew up on it. BTW: The "View" on the dam was pretty good! Local talent I assume.

The "View" on the dam was pretty good! Local talent I assume.
    Did they have any missing teeth?

I fished a lot this weekend. The bite has slowed way down as the weather gets hot. Ended up cleaning 17 white perch and 4 bass.
    Good old Memorial Gym

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

This little girl went trout fishing (without her daddy ) this past week. She's raring to go for the next fishing trip...daddy won't miss that one!

s_3962.jpg
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread