+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing season 2012

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Fishing season 2012

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I can guarantee some goood grub on Sun night if there are any takers.
    I wish I had seen this earlier
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I actually had a good friend that needed some help back in Shreveport so I had to get back in town. I did drive back over on Monday and fished all afternoon. It was SLOW. I only caught three bass but I was mainly exploring the lake. I drove down every finger and bend just getting my bearings.BTW: The water runs out before the channel marker signs in Beaver Creek! I'll give more notice before we're out there next time and we'll have a good cookout.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I actually had a good friend that needed some help back in Shreveport so I had to get back in town. I did drive back over on Monday and fished all afternoon. It was SLOW. I only caught three bass but I was mainly exploring the lake. I drove down every finger and bend just getting my bearings.BTW: The water runs out before the channel marker signs in Beaver Creek! I'll give more notice before we're out there next time and we'll have a good cookout.
    Sounds like you ran aground in front of my house. Be careful running the boat roads. We are still 3 feet low.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Sounds like you ran aground in front of my house. Be careful running the boat roads. We are still 3 feet low.
    If so I apologize for my language that afternoon.:icon_wink: Took a while to get out of there! Heard the perch have moved in some but it looks like the weather won't permit any fishing this coming weekend. We definitely need the rain though. The water has just reached the bottom of the seawall at our place.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

If so I apologize for my language that afternoon.:icon_wink: Took a while to get out of there! Heard the perch have moved in some but it looks like the weather won't permit any fishing this coming weekend. We definitely need the rain though. The water has just reached the bottom of the seawall at our place.
    How far up did you make it? Did you make it to the big duckblind just to the right of the channel before the channel makes a hard turn to line up with the lane going to the Lisbon Landing?

If we get the big rains they are predicting, it will come close to filling the lake.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

1 3/4 inches last night on my side of the lake...

How far up did you make it? Did you make it to the big duckblind just to the right of the channel before the channel makes a hard turn to line up with the lane going to the Lisbon Landing?

If we get the big rains they are predicting, it will come close to filling the lake.
    I made it almost to the end of the markers- there were about two or three channel markers left. I had been skimming on the mud/water at full-bore for about 75 yards before i started to slow down but, luckily, I was able to kick a 180 before I really started bogging down. . I have a shallow draft boat center console so I churned mud with the engine kicked up a bit to get back out of there. There are some truly monstrous houses on that lake!

How's the water level now?

Up about a foot from last Monday.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Up about a foot from last Monday.
    And rising - at the base of my nieghbors sea wall and getting alot closer on mine

Almost 5 inches of rain in my guage from Thursday night to Sunday after noon...

for every inch of rain in the watershed, you should get a minimum of a 4" rise in the lake based on the tables here at the PJ (depending upon saturation and lenght of rain)

Here's a good site I did not know existed until I did a google search two minues ago. Looks right to me.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/la/nwis/uv...20,00062,00054
    Good old Memorial Gym

Here's a good site I did not know existed until I did a google search two minues ago. Looks right to me.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/la/nwis/uv...20,00062,00054
    This link has been on cpwater.org for only about 7 years now thanks to your favorite watershed member...

It's inaccurate though - lags about 6 hours in times of high water...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    This link has been on cpwater.org for only about 7 years now thanks to your favorite watershed member...

It's inaccurate though - lags about 6 hours in times of high water...
    It's fairly close, I think. But I do believe it misstates the current level. It shows we are 1.3 feet below pool. Looking at the water marks on my boat house columns, I'd say we are more like 1.6 feet below pool.
    Good old Memorial Gym

We're bidding out the boathouse right now. We've contacted: Kelly-no response, Marlboro-no response,. As a matter of fact the only guy who's called us back is a fellow named Quin Ortego. Must be nice to be so busy that you don't need to bid on jobs!

Fished Sunday AM on Claiborne and we wore the stripers out just at the back of Bear Creak. The wind was blowing all the bait into the pocket at the end and the stripers were stacked-up waiting on them. We fished just past the last channel markers at the rocky point. Caught 6 largemouths as well but no size to them. Biggest of the stripers were in the 6-7 lb range. Lake is 17 inches to pool stage, according to one of the retired engineer neighbors, but Tues/Wed rains ought to take care of that.

+ Reply to Thread