+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing season 2012

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Fishing season 2012

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Thought I'd bring back the WalMart cricket debate again. Don't really remember the details but it was entertaining. The best way to cook shad is to gut and scale the fish. Place the whole fish on a cedar plank and cover the fish with onions/garlic/peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap the whole thing up in aluminum foil. Place the wrapped plank on a medium hot grill and cook for about 45 minutes. Unwrap the plank/fish then throw the fish out and eat the plank.
    Funny!

My old friend Choudawg has not been available for cricket debate in a while. He now spends a lot more time on things like family and work instead of cricket discussions. I bet if he kills a turkey he will be back here showing off.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Accidentally killed one with my vehicle today. Stupid thing did that "squirrel" crap and went left-right-left then dead center. It was a small male turkey out of about 7 or 8 in a bunch.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I am currently and anxiously awaiting a crawfishing report from one Shreveportdawg (who also has a clandestine Hillbilly Gardener pic of me). I didn't supply the manpower but I did supply the traps and bait after all! Nothing like 10 lbs of rotten salmon to get 'dem bugs!

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I am currently and anxiously awaiting a crawfishing report from one Shreveportdawg (who also has a clandestine Hillbilly Gardener pic of me). I didn't supply the manpower but I did supply the traps and bait after all! Nothing like 10 lbs of rotten salmon to get 'dem bugs!
    Only caught about 20. Too much water right now. Once the water goes down we will be catching a sack or two a day.

On another note we did catch two 30 pound hogs that are currently bleeding out in the icechest. Guess we'll be smoking another pig this week.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Bisteneau.jpg
    Caught this one on Bistineau Wednesday afternoon

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Thanks for posting those articles. I find it interesting that they claim that striped bass couldn't survive but we have reports of 30+ pound specimens.

Anyhow, I used to catch hybrids on DeGray in Arkansas. They are a fun fish to tie into. They are hard to specifically find. We used to keep a pole tied up for them while bass fishing, just in case a school would surface suddenly. Whenever we went looking for them, the pickings were usually slim.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    Attachment 9066
    Caught this one on Bistineau Wednesday afternoon
    I miss Bistineau. It is a beautiful lake, when it is not choked with aquatic vegetation.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Had a good camping trip to DeGray. I spend most of the time chasing kids but for the few hours I did fish, I racked up the largemouths, of which one went for 4 lbs. Also had a good fight with a 2 lb hybrid on a spinning reel.

Next up: Claiborne from a Canoe. I'll be at the state park and will likely spend most of the time doing camp stuff and dealing with kids.

Is Port au Prince still open?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Yes....

Its open
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yes....

Its open
    I see pie in the forecast

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

A canoe on Lake Claiborne... I just had a vision of Ken in that canoe out among the hundreds of boats for the Fireworks Show, with the water churned into a massive boil.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    A canoe on Lake Claiborne... I just had a vision of Ken in that canoe out among the hundreds of boats for the Fireworks Show, with the water churned into a massive boil.
    It'll be good practice for a large trip this summer to the boundary waters. That's the whole point of these weekend trips: to warm up the wifey for the extended wilderness adventure. Also, I don't want her to flip the canoe with me/the gear in it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The lake is rising again...

I look for it to crest sometime tonite, baring any more rain of course...

Elevation of reservoir water surface above datum, feet
    Most recent instantaneous value: 186.27 04-04-2012 10:00 CDT
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Didn't catch much but had some quality family time. The weather was pristine. We'll be going back.

I was supposed to be going to Claiborne to fish ALL DAY today after my 80+ hour week. My first day off in forever! Instead I'm here at the house with the AC repair guys. Don't you just love the statement,"It's gonna cost just as much to fix as get a whole new one"? I'm gonna try later this week. Any reports on bream/perch on Claiborne?

+ Reply to Thread