+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Fishing season 2012

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Fishing season 2012

Absolutely smoked the stripers Sunday Am on Claiborne. Caught well over 20 in the mouth of the creek to to the state park. Also caught a bunch of HUGE Redears/Bull Bluegills just off our new boathouse. Fished on the bottom with a chunk of nightcrawler and a kernel of corn on my hook in about 7-8 foot of water. Caught about a dozen eating sized catfish as well. I set a few yoyos off of the dock (properly labeled yoyos:icon_wink and caught a couple bigger channel cats and I guess a bream got on one of the yoyos and then a big flathead ate the bream. The flathead made two big baggies of beautiful filets. Caught a few stripers on Monday Am but the schools were scattered.Great weekend!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

We used to go to Claiborne while in colleage and head to the Sandy Creek (not sure if i remember correctly) but would troll wth silver rattle traps. We would catch a lot of hybrids and large mouths. when it was on, it was awesome. Does anyone still do this?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

There is a group out of Ruston - the Hogans and Alexanders - who are still real big on trolling for the hybrids....

Them and the white perch group keep a running battle with each other, its not quite the Hatfields and McCoys but one slip and it could escalate into something very interesting:icon_wink:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I went trout fishing (fly fishing beginners) out of Carbondale/ Glenwood Springs Colorado this past Saturday with one of our sons. Misssed a bunch but caught enough to be thrilled. We had a great time! However we've now been stuck in the Denver airport waiting storms in Dallas. Our flight is 5 hours behind.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Slow on Claiborne this weekend. Did manage to find some HUGE bluegills and redears deep. Caught a dozen or so that I cut into filets rather than whole. Pics soon. Some of the biggest bream I've ever caught. BTW Dwayne: Worms

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Slow on Claiborne this weekend. Did manage to find some HUGE bluegills and redears deep. Caught a dozen or so that I cut into filets rather than whole. Pics soon. Some of the biggest bream I've ever caught. BTW Dwayne: Worms
    How deep? I never had much luck finding the big bream on our lake.
    Good old Memorial Gym

About 9 ft. Try about 30 feet in front of our dock and drift slow. Use a Carolina type rig but use a bream hook instead. Use about a 1 foot leader. I was catching them directly out in front of my boat stall that has my center console hanging in the stall.

Bluegills.jpg

Notice the can TECH 77:icon_wink:. These were a few of the first ones and I caught a few more Monday AM that were truly monstrous. Nice thick Redears top and bull 'gills on the bottom. May be out there Sunday.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

That one on the bottom right is a monster...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Those are some good uns. I never heard of carolina riggin for bream. That's a good idea.
    Good old Memorial Gym

We caught so many stripers on Claiborne this past weekend I stopped counting!. Schools were everywhere. We also caught a few monster bream and a catfish or two. Awesome weekend!

stripers.jpg

Looks like we got another fisherman in the family. My nephew Kenneth Bores and Charlies son Jack Coyle. Nice mess of mixed-bag Lake Claiborne fish that we fried on the deck and had for supper. Great weekend!

kenajckfish.jpg

Did you get to see the fireworks show?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Yes I did! This was our first 4th celebration on the lake and we were thrilled. My niece and nephew had a ball with the boat parade and fireworks. The fireworks were the best I've seen in a long time. 1st class all the way! Who shot all the fireworks near the public launch?

+ Reply to Thread