+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Fishing season 2012

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Fishing season 2012

Here's my Facebook post from the next day:

So-after a fantastic Saturday on beautiful Lake Claiborne that consisted of a huge Mardi Gras Style boat parade, a great- on the lake fireworks show bigger and better than any Shreveport has ever put-on, and way too much BBQ and beer I had to somehow unwind Sunday:-)
    I began by fishing all morning and then decided to jump in my inner tube (that has a head rest and drink holders attached) and float around the cove; complete with floppy hat, and enjoy the wind, waves and a couple of cold ones. While I'm out there a few "booze cruiser" party barges and boats were making their rounds and a big, tri-pontoon barge slowly rolls by. The boat was full of folks in bathing suits except for the fellow driving. He had on jeans and a black t-shirt with black cowboy hat. He pulled up next to me and looked over the side and said,"Now that's what I'm talking about!" I gave him a thumbs-up and when I realized it was Trace Adkins (who lives "around the corner") I also said "Go Dawgs!" He gave me a thumbs-up and a "Go Dawgs!" back and cruised on by. Great weekend on the lake!

“Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Varsity Bulldog dawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of light

We have a place on Harmon Loop - aka DFM Drive - and just now getting to fish a little. Interested in more details - lures, etc. - for the striper fishing. Also, on the Carolina rig for bream/catfish what size weight? Using a ultra-light and "straightlining"?

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

iphone 7-3-12 147.jpgmontegut.jpg

A couple of pics from Day 1 this past weekend down south.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

After seeing those couple of catfish, I don't feel so bad about keeping some of the ones my 9 yo catches. I figure, if there's enough meat after running a knife through it, it's a keeper.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg68 View Post
    We have a place on Harmon Loop - aka DFM Drive - and just now getting to fish a little. Interested in more details - lures, etc. - for the striper fishing. Also, on the Carolina rig for bream/catfish what size weight? Using a ultra-light and "straightlining"?
    For the hybrids, try early in the morning and late in the afternoon when the water is calm. Watch for the schools to surface. Hurry to them and bring a rattletrap through them.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    Attachment 9528Attachment 9529

A couple of pics from Day 1 this past weekend down south.
    Where did you guys go?

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    Where did you guys go?
    Out of Montegut....South of Houma

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Caught a bunch of huge bream and redears on Claiborne yesterday evening and this morning. Throw in a 5 lb (or so) channel cat and one frying size catfish and it made for a good time on the old Barclay dock! My niece caught her first-ever "all by herself" bream as well. She pinched the worm, put it on the hook, caught the fish, and after sending it to the roof of the boathouse with her kung-fu cane pole hookset and about 5 photos later she relesed it herself... it actually swam away after all that abuse! Not bad for a 4 yr old if I do, proudly, say so myself. Someone shoulda taken video of me trying to unhook and release about a 4 foot water snake off of one of my yoyos I hung on the dock last night! That thing was mean!

Caught a bunch of really big catfish on Lake Claiborne Thursday. Tried for some wjite perch in the deep water down by the dam but the barfish tore us-up instead. Ended up keeping about a dozen barfish in the 1 1 lb range and kept five catfish in the 3-5 lb range.

A local (Shreveport) Commercial fisherman just caught a tilapia on the Red River. It has been confirmed by the LDWF.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The American Tilapia Association is in Pine Bluff Ar for some reason. Maybe this fish was headed there for a convention.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Hopefully they won't be able to survive the cold weather we get from time to time. If not they are extremely detrimental to the local fish populations.

+ Reply to Thread