+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Renovation - Memorial Gym (Scotty Robertson Court)

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Renovation - Memorial Gym (Scotty Robertson Court)

Of course any one can come. There are about 4,000 seats.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    Can anyone come? Or is it just for donors.
    Delldawg, you can come, just don't eat any of the free cookies.

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

I thought I read somewhere that there will be a men's scrimmage some time Saturday morning in The Scotty. Am I imagining things or is that happening? If so, what time?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis88 View Post
    During the 1979–80 season, more than 5,000 fans routinely packed inside Memorial Gym to watch the Lady Techsters play, and LA Tech's attendance peaked at 6,220 for UCLA and 6,314 for Stephen F. Austin. After that season, the Louisiana State Fire Marshal ordered Louisiana Tech to not allow more than 5,200 spectators into Memorial Gym again. If LA Tech did not comply, the fire marshal vowed to personally count the crowd and not let more than 4,800 enter Memorial Gym again. As a result, Louisiana Tech President F. Jay Taylor initiated the construction of the 8,098 capacity Thomas Assembly Center.

From wikipedia so take it for what it is worth.
    I don't remember there being a direct relationship between the fire marshall comments and building the TAC, but I do remember that all games that were full were listed at 4800, even if there were obviously more than that. I remember the Old Dominion game in 1980--it wouldn't have been possible to get another person in that gym--there were hundreds of people standing around the corners of the court. That was supposed to have been the largest crowd ever in the gym, but it was officially listed at 4800.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I don't remember there being a direct relationship between the fire marshall comments and building the TAC, but I do remember that all games that were full were listed at 4800, even if there were obviously more than that. I remember the Old Dominion game in 1980--it wouldn't have been possible to get another person in that gym--there were hundreds of people standing around the corners of the court. That was supposed to have been the largest crowd ever in the gym, but it was officially listed at 4800.
    This is true....... I was there, as well. The line stretched out down to Tech Drive and up past the swimming pool. They absolutely could not get another person in that place. There was nothing more intimidating than every single person clapping and stomping on those wooden bleachers in unison until ODU scored their first basket. I thought that building was going to come down that night. It was one of the best places to watch a game in the country. Pure noise and you couldn't hear the person next to you say anything. I can't imagine what it was like for any opposing team.

+ Reply to Thread