+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Renovation - Memorial Gym (Scotty Robertson Court)

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

Re: Renovation - Memorial Gym (Scotty Robertson Court)

And BVDV was asked the same thing in his online chat the other week and stated it will happen and be completed in August/2012, so yeah it's a done deal. Everybody can chill out.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

It will get done, but only by robbing Peter to pay Paul. Fundraising fell short. Money from within athletics that would have been used elsewhere will have to be diverted to complete this project.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I know having a practice court is a good thing, but does this effort present itself as having a practice facility for basketball? How will they be selling this to recruits? There seems to be some impressive practice facilities in CUSA. How will we stack up?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    I know having a practice court is a good thing, but does this effort present itself as having a practice facility for basketball? How will they be selling this to recruits? There seems to be some impressive practice facilities in CUSA. How will we stack up?
    It's not meant to be a selling point to recruits. It's needed just to enable Coach White to have sufficient practice time. (I know it's pathetic, but it's the reality of how far DR let things go).

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

Why was there even a deadline on this for the fundraising goal? Why is a deadline needed on something like this?

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Agreed, this renovation should have been done many, many years ago. The building is useful for addition practice facilities, and Tech won't have to use Temple Baptist's facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGETechfan View Post
    Why was there even a deadline on this for the fundraising goal? Why is a deadline needed on something like this?
    There was a deadline because the men desperately need it.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

BUMP

JIC anyone (besides me) almost forgot about this, deadline is JUNE 1st.

Still time to get those checks in.

CUSA basketball will ROCK ! ! !

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

Could probably find it if I looked but i tend to be lazy. Is a contribution dedicated to this treated the same as ltac contribution -which i have not made yet.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TN Dawg 13 View Post
    Could probably find it if I looked but i tend to be lazy. Is a contribution dedicated to this treated the same as ltac contribution -which i have not made yet.
    yep

Varsity Bulldog gimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her gamegimpcoach is on top of his/her game gimpcoach's Avatar

just a thought...if Memorial is made into a 24/7 basketball facility, what about the Dept. of Kinesiology that is housed there and all the classes that are taught there? the upper level has a jogging/walking track where seats used to be. I've read no posts about the where the current academic activities would be moved to.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gimpcoach View Post
    just a thought...if Memorial is made into a 24/7 basketball facility, what about the Dept. of Kinesiology that is housed there and all the classes that are taught there? the upper level has a jogging/walking track where seats used to be. I've read no posts about the where the current academic activities would be moved to.
    Is that really a big concern? I mean, seriously?

Something like the Kinisiology dept would probably end up in the new South End Zone building. But I'm not convinced that that decision needs to be made right now.

HD

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Is that really a big concern? I mean, seriously?

Something like the Kinisiology dept would probably end up in the new South End Zone building. But I'm not convinced that that decision needs to be made right now.

HD
    Why would the old "phys. ed." department end up in the end zone? I don't think we have a sports medicine curriculum . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Memorial will be shared with phys. ed. In fact, Title IX demands that it must also be available to WBB. It will NOT be exclusive to MBB only, but it will afford MBB much more practice time opportunity.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I drove my brother around campus this weekend to show him all the new construction. As we passed by Memorial Gym I asked if he ever received anything about donating to the Scotty Robertson Court project. He response was "no" but said he would be happy to cut a check to help fund this. My brother happens to be a very successful physician in Montana who, btw, worked in the SID office back in the 70's. It amazes me how we let things like this slip through the cracks. Do we not keep up with our alumni and the professions they're in or do we just expect people to come walk through the door and give money??

+ Reply to Thread