+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Renovation - Memorial Gym (Scotty Robertson Court)

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Renovation - Memorial Gym (Scotty Robertson Court)

Gorgeous floor!

We need some pads on the walls and doors. Dawgpix, you know if it's part of the project? If not, I would like to donate money for them.

Varsity Bulldog Ellis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around here

The pads would really make it look nice. Esp since the walls are so plain.

Also speaking of playing games. Word around the KINE dept is there will be at least 1 game a year by the girls as a throwback game, I am not sure about the guys. I don't know why not. I think opponent should be someone that is good but not a school that would draw over 2000 in the tac. I cant imagine memorial fitting anymore than 1200. I don't know capacity. Villanova plays a game or 2 in their historical gym and it looks awesome.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis88 View Post

Also speaking of playing games. Word around the KINE dept is there will be at least 1 game a year by the girls as a throwback game, I am not sure about the guys. I don't know why not. I think opponent should be someone that is good but not a school that would draw over 2000 in the tac. I cant imagine memorial fitting anymore than 1200. I don't know capacity. Villanova plays a game or 2 in their historical gym and it looks awesome.
    I've never seen a game in MG but I would imagine a packed MG/SRC would be much more electrifying crowd than in the TAC.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I vote for ODU, since we'll be in the same conference; we were both powerhouses back in the day...

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I thought the capacity for basketball was around 4,000 back in the day (could be wrong, though).

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg81 View Post
    I thought the capacity for basketball was around 4,000 back in the day (could be wrong, though).
    No, capacity as I recall was in the range of 1,200 - 1,400.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    No, capacity as I recall was in the range of 1,200 - 1,400.
    Official capacity with all bleachers pulled out was 4,600.
    But the bleachers behind the teams were not pulled out to allow for the scorer's table.
    Also, the new track aroud the top took out a row or two of the top seats. Sight lines to the court from the front rows of the upper seats is not exactly the best.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

It was a great place to watch a game!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog Ellis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around here

During the 1979–80 season, more than 5,000 fans routinely packed inside Memorial Gym to watch the Lady Techsters play, and LA Tech's attendance peaked at 6,220 for UCLA and 6,314 for Stephen F. Austin. After that season, the Louisiana State Fire Marshal ordered Louisiana Tech to not allow more than 5,200 spectators into Memorial Gym again. If LA Tech did not comply, the fire marshal vowed to personally count the crowd and not let more than 4,800 enter Memorial Gym again. As a result, Louisiana Tech President F. Jay Taylor initiated the construction of the 8,098 capacity Thomas Assembly Center.

From wikipedia so take it for what it is worth.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

During the 1979–80 season, more than 5,000 fans routinely packed inside Memorial Gym to watch the Lady Techsters play, and LA Tech's attendance peaked at 6,220 for UCLA and 6,314 for Stephen F. Austin. After that season, the Louisiana State Fire Marshal ordered Louisiana Tech to not allow more than 5,200 spectators into Memorial Gym again. If LA Tech did not comply, the fire marshal vowed to personally count the crowd and not let more than 4,800 enter Memorial Gym again. As a result, Louisiana Tech President F. Jay Taylor initiated the construction of the 8,098 capacity Thomas Assembly Center.

From wikipedia so take it for what it is worth.
    If there were 5200+ in that gym, quoting former coach Tommy Vardeman: "I'll kiss your arse til your hat falls off."

And I was there . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I can't wait to see the new floor this weekend.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Me too! I will be on the road by 7 am to make the presentation. I have a lot of memories in that building.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Dedication is set for 11:00 AM this Saturday, 10/20/13 in Memorial Gym. Lots going on Friday through Sunday at Tech so come early and catch more than the football game.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Dedication is set for 11:00 AM this Saturday, 10/20/13 in Memorial Gym. Lots going on Friday through Sunday at Tech so come early and catch more than the football game.
    Can anyone come? Or is it just for donors.

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    Can anyone come? Or is it just for donors.
    I don't know, I guess it's for donors. I received a card in the mail and an email about it.

+ Reply to Thread