+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Custom motorcycle as a fund raiser

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Custom motorcycle as a fund raiser

The first two weeks of each month are extremely busy for me. I will email Eric again today and see what the next step should be and see what they can or can't do.

I have an appointment next weekend to paint my vette so getting it ready has been my evening routine for the past four weeks. Once it is painted I have to reinstall the interior, which shouldn't take long and I will basically have this project to the point that I can drive it and do small upgrades as I want to. I want to get it to that point before I really get cranked up on the next one. So there has been some foot dragging on my part.

I will keep everone updated as things happen.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the motorcycle idea will go over too big. Even though I've been riding since I was 14 and presently own 2 motorcycles, i know a lot of guys that have wives that won't let them touch a motorcycle. I think something like a Polaris Ranger, Yamaha Rhino, or Kawasaki mule repainted with Tech colors and logo would be a better idea. You could bring this to the game on its custom Tech trailer and ride it around the parking lot on gameday and visit with all your friends.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I don't think the motorcycle idea will go over too big. Even though I've been riding since I was 14 and presently own 2 motorcycles, i know a lot of guys that have wives that won't let them touch a motorcycle. I think something like a Polaris Ranger, Yamaha Rhino, or Kawasaki mule repainted with Tech colors and logo would be a better idea. You could bring this to the game on its custom Tech trailer and ride it around the parking lot on gameday and visit with all your friends.

I won't let my wife go shopping...but she does anyway. The Atv/Utv would probably sell tickets as well because most people around here have or would like to have those items. It would also be cheaper and come pre-assembled(takes the fun out of it huh). But cheaper on the front end means more money made in the fundraiser for the event - if you sell the same amount of tickets.

I'll buy tickets either way. I would like to have the motorcycle though.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

If you are going to get away from the motorcycle, how about one of the Japanese "Tuff" trucks? They are cheaper than a mule and are now road legal (except for the interstate) in Louisiana.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Not everyone needs or wants an off road vehicle. I would think that if you don't want a motorcycle or an atv you don't buy the ticket.

If someone wants to do the atv, be my guest. Heck, I would even buy a few tickets. However, I enjoy a challenge and bolting on parts or applying decals to an atv doesn't do it for me.

Part of the idea with the motorcycle was to offer something different. Something that has never been offered and something that would generate buzz and interest. It was only a suggestion and if someone comes up with a better idea, then by all means lets get behind it.

The kit idea was only because I am mechanically inclined and I thought it would be more reliable than restoring an old or vintage piece. Additionally, restorations take considerably longer than assembly of a kit.

There are many more considerations that have to be researched. Liability is one of them and that alone may nix the whole idea.

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    A Bulldawg Bike would be Cooooooool.... I'd by tickets.... The students would go for that. The paint would have to really pop, though! Is Nubby that paints for OCC available?

Matthew McConaughey is auctioning of his Texas bike for charity. I hate Texas, so I hate the bike. A Tech bike would be cool.

http://i9.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/06/13/5723_1.JPG

+ Reply to Thread