+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do you think is going to be in the college playoffs?

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Re: Who do you think is going to be in the college playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    BYU - OU

Oregon - Fla St

All SEC teams end up with 2 loses and are shut out....

ND chokes against So Cal allowing the Mormons to slide in
    BYU won't make it even if they are undefeated-no competition on their schedule.

I think a 2 loss SEC team gets in because they will more than likely have played 5 ranked teams with some of those teams being ranked in the top ten. I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility for two SEC teams to be in the playoff.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

We shall see -

I for one think that SEC may not get any due to cannibalism and the 8 game conference schedule

Then there will be a STRONG STRONG push to get to 8 teams in the playoffs within the next 5 years
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

We shall see -

I for one think that SEC may not get any due to cannibalism and the 8 game conference schedule

Then there will be a STRONG STRONG push to get to 8 teams in the playoffs within the next 5 years
    I agree about the push to get to 8 teams. However, the politics of the situation will almost mandate the SEC champion, unless perhaps some bizarre season with more than 2 losses, will automatically have dibs on one spot. Book it.

It would take a perfect storm of undefeated Oregon/UCLA - undefeated Oklahoma/Baylor - undefeated Florida State - undefeated Notre Dame to somehow box out the SEC champ. But Notre Dame plays Florida State in two weeks. That's a wrap.

Also, to my earlier point about Nebraska... Look to how the committee decides the importance of the conference championship games. Say they go 12-0 and have to beat Michigan St. for a second time in the BiG championship game... how is that going to weigh against the Big XII champion with one less game on the resume?
    Last edited by domangue; 09-29-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

My agenda is to get it to 8 teams as fast as possible...

I figure the two quickest ways is via the SEC and Big10 -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

My agenda is to get it to 8 teams as fast as possible...

I figure the two quickest ways is via the SEC and Big10 -
    I am sort of fascinated to see how this new system chooses to handle BYU. Since they're not in the G-5, they aren't eligible for the automatic access bowl slot. Would one of the NYD bowls choose them over a P-5 school for a straight-up at-large selection? This might be the biggest bellwether to really see if the committee is fair and objective in contrast to the old BC$ system. Their resume probably can't get them into the four-team playoff, but they should easily finish in the top ten.

Puppy dawg87 is just really nicedawg87 is just really nicedawg87 is just really nicedawg87 is just really nicedawg87 is just really nicedawg87 is just really nicedawg87 is just really nicedawg87 is just really nicedawg87 is just really nicedawg87 is just really nice dawg87's Avatar

Pac12 Champ - Oregon
    Big12 Champ - Oklahoma/Baylor
    ACC Champ - FSU
    SEC Champ - Alabama

Outside Looking in
    One Loss Ole Miss
    1 Loss Baylor/Oklahoma
    2 Loss Auburn

3 Tier
    Nebraska
    UCLA
    BYU