+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Consider to be the Most Versatile Actors/Actresses of Today?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: Who Do You Consider to be the Most Versatile Actors/Actresses of Today?

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Andy in his younger days. Not so much in his later career or his politics.
    I started to mention his latest commercial, but it doesn't really matter to me. Five years of black and white episodes of the Andy Griffith show is enough to overcome just about anything in my book.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I started to mention his latest commercial, but it doesn't really matter to me. Five years of black and white episodes of the Andy Griffith show is enough to overcome just about anything in my book.
    Senility and/or money is what I chalked it up to. :icon_wink:

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Senility and/or money is what I chalked it up to. :icon_wink:
    That is exactly what I was thinking. I would lean more to senility though.
    Last edited by skilldawg; 05-17-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Thanks. I haven't seen either one, but will have to look for them.

The days that Duvall and Andy Griffith pass will be days of mourning for me. It took me a week to get right after Don Knotts passed.
    If you haven't seen Get Low, get a copy and watch it. My wife bought it on pay-per-view and to say the least, I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe the best movie I have seen in the last few years. I found out later it is based on a true story, which makes it for me even better.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    If you haven't seen Get Low, get a copy and watch it. My wife bought it on pay-per-view and to say the least, I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe the best movie I have seen in the last few years. I found out later it is based on a true story, which makes it for me even better.
    Just added it to my net-flix cue at Number 1.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

A name that I don't see in a quick glance through the thread -- Val Kilmer. He's done a nice job in a number of different roles, and when he was doing a lot, more than once I didn't even realize who he was until later.

I'd have to agree that Duvall is hard to beat in terms of both versatility and quality, though.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    A name that I don't see in a quick glance through the thread -- Val Kilmer. He's done a nice job in a number of different roles, and when he was doing a lot, more than once I didn't even realize who he was until later.

I'd have to agree that Duvall is hard to beat in terms of both versatility and quality, though.
    Val was unbelievable in Tombstone. One of the most memorable roles. I have heard he is quite a queen on set, but he gets deep into his roles and works his butt off. He was a forgettable Batman, but who wasnt outside of Keaton and Bale. I have heard he was good in a few other shows, but I admittedly hadnt seen them.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    My friend with 2 doctorates thinks he's the second coming of Christ (not literally, but Obama is the greatest in his eyes).
    As someone who earned one doctorate, I can tell you that anyone crazy enough to get two of them can't be trusted to generate a believable opinion.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man View Post
    As someone who earned one doctorate, I can tell you that anyone crazy enough to get two of them can't be trusted to generate a believable opinion.
    Nor generate anything positive for society.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Val was unbelievable in Tombstone. One of the most memorable roles. I have heard he is quite a queen on set, but he gets deep into his roles and works his butt off. He was a forgettable Batman, but who wasnt outside of Keaton and Bale. I have heard he was good in a few other shows, but I admittedly hadnt seen them.
    Kilmer's portrayal of Doc is one of my favorite characters ever.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Kilmer's portrayal of Doc is one of my favorite characters ever.
    His portrayal of Chris Knight is one of mine ..

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Best character ever. Not only funny, but frightening as well.

By the way, he'll be taking on the role of Wyatt Earp now.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1861439
    Last edited by JuBru; 05-23-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

This post is full of WIN.

Although, Lazlo Hollyfield is my favorite character from that film. I kept checking my closets at Tech, but, alas, no uber-nerd layers to be found.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Can't believe I left him off my list...To me he IS Jim Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    I watched Get Low last night. Great recommendation Murph! I can't believe that I missed it when it came out.

+ Reply to Thread