+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: CUSA Regionalization concept would realign teams in AAC, Conference USA, Sun Belt

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Re: CUSA Regionalization concept would realign teams in AAC, Conference USA, Sun Belt

The irony is the Lafayette folks really think anyone on a “fan board” has any real power at the institution.

None of us do. If we did we probably wouldn’t be here.

To the 2nd point none of us disdain playing sunbelt schools. We have played a sunbelt school every year or every other year for the past 10 years or so in football.

We play USL and NLU in baseball, basketball, softball, soccer. We have played USL there and here with our current coach. We had NLU scheduled for the state fair game last year that got cancelled because of Covid.

So please stop saying the fans are avoiding NLU and USL. That’s just nonsense.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: CUSA Regionalization concept would realign teams in AAC, Conference USA, Sun Belt

And just so y’all ULL trolls know, HogDawg is a LaTech administrator

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Total bull hockey. The reason that Tech is ambivalent at best and downright disdainful to your school especially is the way usl has handled itself about the name game and other schemes to usurp the title of "flagship" for the UL System of universities. USL's leadership, in the past and apparently presently, have been downright repulsive/spiteful towards Tech and the rest of the UL schools. It is fun to have playful banter among rivals, but the cajuns go way beyond that. No, we are not South Arkansas Tech, and we aren't hillbillies running stills in the woods. When I was at Tech in the mid to late '60's, the Tech/usl rivalry was terrific.

Whenever the Sunbelt decided to add football as a sponsored sport, Tech, decided to accept the WAC invitation instead of the Sunbelt. That upset your school, but it didn't destroy the Sunbelt since it never sponsored football to that point anyway. You never got over that. Your school apparently spread hate and disdain among the other SBC members that Tech was a traitor. Not the case at all.
    Dude,
    Y’all need to stop playing the name game. That ship has sailed and the genie is out of the bottle and ain’t going back in. USL has won the name game and is Louisiana! La Tech also has a great name and y’all need to focus on that and stop worrying about our new identity!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    And just so y’all ULL trolls know, HogDawg is a LaTech administrator
    LOL! I doubt the ULALA guys will know what you are talking about. They're too busy lying about something else.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1 View Post
    Dude,
    Y’all need to stop playing the name game. That ship has sailed and the genie is out of the bottle and ain’t going back in. USL has won the name game and is Louisiana! La Tech also has a great name and y’all need to focus on that and stop worrying about our new identity!
    ....That's one of those "moral compass" issues I was referring to. AGAIN, ULALA doesn't have a moral compass and wants desperately to lie about who they really are.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Let's be clear about one thing: LA TECH has never had a problem with other G5 schools, and has never "treated every G5 regional program like crap". That's a lie. We only hate ULALA. We don't like ULM either, because they are a pretender to FBS college athletics, but that's really different. I hate ULL, because your school has no moral compass, continuously lies about LA Tech to others (especially G5's) and has always cheated and cut corners in order to gain an edge. Over the years ULALA (formerly USL) has been reprimanded or received punishment several times from the NCAA for many violations in various athletics. Not so, for LA Tech. Yes, LA Tech is morally superior to THAT, but that arrow is only aimed at ULALA, not other G5's. IT's not even aimed at UML. Hell, even ULM looks like a choir boy up next to you ULALA thugs. The fact that ULALA has succeeded in getting other Sunbelt (G5) schools to believe their repeated lies, only serves to validate everything I'm saying. IMO, LA Tech should keep its' distance form ULALA, whenever possible, and that includes on the athletic courts & fields.

I'm such a believer in this, that I would jump at the chance for LA Tech to leave the UoL system and join the LSU system, if it were ever possible.

I learned a long time ago, it's just better to keep your distance from liars and cheats, and frankly those who have no moral compass. Those descriptions all fit ULALA, and they always have. And that will never change.
    Very well said, HD!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1 View Post
    Dude,
    I agree. Our president(s) and local representatives rubber stamped your new identity so they would be able to get their piece of the pie...typical Louisiana political corruption.

Varsity Bulldog chew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Total bull hockey. The reason that Tech is ambivalent at best and downright disdainful to your school especially is the way usl has handled itself about the name game and other schemes to usurp the title of "flagship" for the UL System of universities. USL's leadership, in the past and apparently presently, have been downright repulsive/spiteful towards Tech and the rest of the UL schools. It is fun to have playful banter among rivals, but the cajuns go way beyond that. No, we are not South Arkansas Tech, and we aren't hillbillies running stills in the woods. When I was at Tech in the mid to late '60's, the Tech/usl rivalry was terrific.

Whenever the Sunbelt decided to add football as a sponsored sport, Tech, decided to accept the WAC invitation instead of the Sunbelt. That upset your school, but it didn't destroy the Sunbelt since it never sponsored football to that point anyway. You never got over that. Your school apparently spread hate and disdain among the other SBC members that Tech was a traitor. Not the case at all.
    You’re first paragraph is all about deflection. No one is claiming Flagship status. No one with the UL administration has ever claimed flagship status.

I’m not going to get into a he said/she said. Because you will refuse to accept what political shenanigans that have involved LaTech’s admin and boosters to be as factual. It is a conversation that will derail an otherwise respectful post.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

If we are so un-important, I am completely puzzled about what ULL posters are all over our message board. I think if we were irrelevant, that would not be the case. They love to hate us, because they know that we are in a whole different class and they can't stand it. There are some on here that believe the belt is the place to be right now. Mark my words, the belt will be irrelevant again very soon. I hope like nothing else that we do NOT EVER join that conference. We are better than that in every way. This is definitely a conference shake up and it appears that we are left out, but I am not going to base any opinion on what is currently happening. Give it a couple of years and I bet we will be in a much better place than the belt. My ONLY fear is that our administration will take the short sighted bait and think we should go to the belt. If we did, it would be an absolutely horrible decision. Our goals should be MUCH better than that. I would rather be in independent for a couple of years and move up - not down. The belt has been decent in football for the FIRST TIME in their history. Success on the field for a year or so does not make it a better conference. That will change and we need to keep our eyes on the longer term goal.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Darn right it worked. For 20+ years we've had AWESOME rivalries and bowl wins that would NEVER have happened in the SBC, which I don't remember as being a football conference when we made plans to move on.

Great wins, wild games, rivalries with Fresno, Hawaii, Boise. Pregame fights, knocking off unbeaten ranked Fresno, taking down Hawaii. Superb bowl wins such as Navy, Illinois, Miami, Hawaii on the Island, destroying SMU in Frisco...

Yeah baby, it was worth it!!! Lots to fix for the future. But IT WAS WORTH IT ALL!!!
    I think you’re wrong.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    I think you’re wrong.
    I agree. This mess is totally unfixable with out current leadership.

Varsity Bulldog chew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Let's be clear about one thing: LA TECH has never had a problem with other G5 schools, and has never "treated every G5 regional program like crap". That's a lie. We only hate ULALA. We don't like ULM either, because they are a pretender to FBS college athletics, but that's really different. I hate ULL, because your school has no moral compass, continuously lies about LA Tech to others (especially G5's) and has always cheated and cut corners in order to gain an edge. Over the years ULALA (formerly USL) has been reprimanded or received punishment several times from the NCAA for many violations in various athletics. Not so, for LA Tech. Yes, LA Tech is morally superior to THAT, but that arrow is only aimed at ULALA, not other G5's. IT's not even aimed at ULM. Hell, even ULM looks like a choir boy up next to you ULALA thugs. The fact that ULALA has succeeded in getting other Sunbelt (G5) schools to believe their repeated lies, only serves to validate everything I'm saying. IMO, LA Tech should keep its' distance form ULALA, whenever possible, and that includes on the athletic courts & fields.

I'm such a believer in this, that I would jump at the chance for LA Tech to leave the UoL system and join the LSU system, if it were ever possible.

I learned a long time ago, it's just better to keep your distance from liars and cheats, and frankly those who have no moral compass. Those descriptions all fit ULALA, and they always have. And that will never change.
    That is exactly how many within the UL administration and ULS feel toward each respective university.

So where does the truth really lie? Is it LaTech morally bankrupt and consistently try to undercut ULM and UL both athletically and academically?

Does UL try to do the same? According to some on the ULS and within the LaTech administration that would be the case.

So you see, there is a lack of trust between the 3 statewide institutions in the ULS. UNO, LaTech and UL constantly trying to kick each other down. Instead of a mutual partnership to improve statewide academics through partnering and cooperation.

The problem is the crab pot mentality that festers and permeates through this entire state.

So spare the “well they do this” because it is system wide. Latte has claimed “Flagship of north La”. It’s all the same thing. Advancement to the detriment of others.

It takes two equitable entities to improve within Louisiana political landscape. Yet neither is willing to help the other.

So if you are in the administration at LaTech, look in the mirror. Trust and cooperation goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    If we are so un-important, I am completely puzzled about what ULL posters are all over our message board. I think if we were irrelevant, that would not be the case. They love to hate us, because they know that we are in a whole different class and they can't stand it. There are some on here that believe the belt is the place to be right now. Mark my words, the belt will be irrelevant again very soon. I hope like nothing else that we do NOT EVER join that conference. We are better than that in every way. This is definitely a conference shake up and it appears that we are left out, but I am not going to base any opinion on what is currently happening. Give it a couple of years and I bet we will be in a much better place than the belt. My ONLY fear is that our administration will take the short sighted bait and think we should go to the belt. If we did, it would be an absolutely horrible decision. Our goals should be MUCH better than that. I would rather be in independent for a couple of years and move up - not down. The belt has been decent in football for the FIRST TIME in their history. Success on the field for a year or so does not make it a better conference. That will change and we need to keep our eyes on the longer term goal.
    Y’all have ridiculed our program for decades. Our oldest rival, only true rival for either of us. That is why many are here. That’s why many are elated that y’all are suffering like we had to endure for 35 years under Authement.

I personally love to see y’all squirm at the uncertainty. But with that being said, I’d dump Texas St in a heartbeat to get LaTech in the conference. I love to hate y’all, but there is a sense of respect there. Which isn’t shared by most of y’all.

Quote Originally Posted by chew4219 View Post
    That is exactly how many within the UL administration and ULS feel toward each respective university.

So where does the truth really lie? Is it LaTech morally bankrupt and consistently try to undercut ULM and UL both athletically and academically?

Does UL try to do the same? According to some on the ULS and within the LaTech administration that would be the case.

So you see, there is a lack of trust between the 3 statewide institutions in the ULS. UNO, LaTech and UL constantly trying to kick each other down. Instead of a mutual partnership to improve statewide academics through partnering and cooperation.

The problem is the crab pot mentality that festers and permeates through this entire state.

So spare the “well they do this” because it is system wide. LaTech has claimed “Flagship of north La”. It’s all the same thing. Advancement to the detriment of others.

It takes two equitable entities to improve within Louisiana political landscape. Yet neither is willing to help the other.

So if you are in the administration at LaTech, look in the mirror. Trust and cooperation goes both ways.
    Fixed

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chew4219 View Post
    Y’all have ridiculed our program for decades. Our oldest rival, only true rival for either of us. That is why many are here. That’s why many are elated that y’all are suffering like we had to endure for 35 years under Authement.

I personally love to see y’all squirm at the uncertainty. But with that being said, I’d dump Texas St in a heartbeat to get LaTech in the conference. I love to hate y’all, but there is a sense of respect there. Which isn’t shared by most of y’all.
    I respect ULL, minus the name game.

+ Reply to Thread