+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Guice fiddles as Tech football burns

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Guice fiddles as Tech football burns

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I seem to remember a play off game against Delaware and it stormed all day with a driving hard rain. Sat thru the whole game but I thought we won. I think the game was on ABC. Don't remember what year. Maybe '84?
    That was 1982 on the same day the TAC opened. Tech lost 17-0. Sad last game at Tech for Matt Dunigan.

Tech won the 1984 I-AA semifinals at Middle Tennessee and lost to Montana State in the I-AA championship game.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    That was 1982 on the same day the TAC opened. Tech lost 17-0. Sad last game at Tech for Matt Dunigan.

Tech won the 1984 I-AA semifinals at Middle Tennessee and lost to Montana State in the I-AA championship game.
    OK. I remember taking a charter to the NC game at the Citadel in '84

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I seem to recall Harry Chapin playing The Coffeehouse. The old dive underneath the cafeteria...Morrison's???
    I remember Harry Niilson's "The Point" movie playing at what I thought was the Coffee House but it was at Tolliver in mid '70s

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewyldman View Post
    The states more to blame for the statue than Tech. They have to spend 1% of construction cost on art. This was apparently made because of the new dorms and apartments. Not the biggest fan of the statue itself, but it could’ve always been worse
    We have the smallest athletic budget in CUSA, and we're PAYING for this CRAP??

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    Aspire has lights and sound. Another rumor has it being used as an outdoor WiFi tower. Functional art I can live with.
    I knew about lights and speakers, but that would be great if it had wifi as well for anyone wishing to study, hang out out there.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I think its kinda cool. On one side of Keeny we have the traditional statue/fountain art with the older buildings. On the other side you have a more modern statue as you go toward many of our newer buildings.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I think its kinda cool. On one side of Keeny we have the traditional statue/fountain art with the older buildings. On the other side you have a more modern statue as you go toward many of our newer buildings.
    I agree with you. I'll wait to make my final judgement thought when I see it in person. Your thought about art on both sides of Keeny got me thinking to an idea I had when I was on campus. The intersection of Dan Reneau Dr. (Formerly W. Arizona St) and Adams Blvd is a huge intersection for two two-lane roads controlled by a tiny traffic light hanging over the intersection that is easy to miss. It's confusing for drivers at first, it's ugly and makes for an uninspiring place to begin the alumni walkway.

What would be best is to turn that intersection into a roundabout. It eliminates the need of a tiny traffic light. It makes the intersection safer and gives the Tech the opportunity to put more art on campus. It would help beautify the campus more. No likes looks at pavement everywhere and thinks it looks beautiful. Especially not while the hot, summer sun is radiating off of it. I would propose doing something including the Tech Tenets since they exist but no where physically on campus. Maybe move the bulldog statue from inside the student center and put it in the middle of the roundabout looking towards the alumni pathway. Have the tenets of Tech encircle the bulldog somehow. A more fitting way to begin the alumni pathway while also making the intersection safer, more beautiful and adding more art around campus to complement the Lady of the Mist and Aspire now.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I can get on board with that. Good idea.

But did we really name a street for DR?? Because ... ewww.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I can get on board with that. Good idea.

But did we really name a street for DR?? Because ... ewww.
    I can't believe we've named a street after Dan Reneau, but not for Terry Bradshaw.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I knew about lights and speakers, but that would be great if it had wifi as well for anyone wishing to study, hang out out there.
    WiFi within the Joe would be great because signal reception sucks at best! Since they replaced the paper programs the La Tech Athletics' app is supposed to be the replacement but it's worthless because you can't access it. Plus replays would be great on any wireless device because whoever is responsible for replays on Dogzilla is worthless as well.

Also, beer sales would be great too!

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    I agree with you. I'll wait to make my final judgement thought when I see it in person. Your thought about art on both sides of Keeny got me thinking to an idea I had when I was on campus. The intersection of Dan Reneau Dr. (Formerly W. Arizona St) and Adams Blvd is a huge intersection for two two-lane roads controlled by a tiny traffic light hanging over the intersection that is easy to miss. It's confusing for drivers at first, it's ugly and makes for an uninspiring place to begin the alumni walkway.

What would be best is to turn that intersection into a roundabout. It eliminates the need of a tiny traffic light. It makes the intersection safer and gives the Tech the opportunity to put more art on campus. It would help beautify the campus more. No likes looks at pavement everywhere and thinks it looks beautiful. Especially not while the hot, summer sun is radiating off of it. I would propose doing something including the Tech Tenets since they exist but no where physically on campus. Maybe move the bulldog statue from inside the student center and put it in the middle of the roundabout looking towards the alumni pathway. Have the tenets of Tech encircle the bulldog somehow. A more fitting way to begin the alumni pathway while also making the intersection safer, more beautiful and adding more art around campus to complement the Lady of the Mist and Aspire now.

If I'm thinking about the correct place then just take out the red light. Make the lane running north by Carson Taylor a right turn only (no entrance into the area between Howard and Bogard Hall; therefore can only enter the H/BH via a right turn from the road between CT and Bogard). Road leaving H/BH area could only go straight, no left turn. Could put a yield in the other direction if needed but I can't imagine its a big traffic jam or people wouldn't be more than happy to let someone in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post

I like that idea. Roundabouts are obviously an old idea, but when applied correctly they feel more modern and clean compared to having lights hanging around.

+ Reply to Thread