+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock Market- Investing

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Stock Market- Investing

Tiger Global may have liquidated today.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Getting close to my 3 1/2 - 4% CD rates!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Blood on the street!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Blood on the street!
    Gotta admit I'm starting to like the automobile companies not named Tesla. There is lots of pent up demand for new cars at this point, and once they are available again I see lots of car buying for lots of Americans (assuming the diaper wearing moron doesn't completely crash the country by then).

I started looking at them after you said something about Ford, so I wanted to let you know your thoughts had an audience.

Now, if I do end up buying some of them and hit it big, it was because I reasoned myself through such a trade. If it goes south, I was given bum advice!

I bought tons of bank stocks during the financial crisis that I sold in December, and bought lots of oil stocks when oil prices supposedly went negative. This may be my next swing at the fences.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have opened a position in Ford and just added a little more on this dip. On stocks like Ford, I ask myself is this a good company, likely to survive and even thrive over the next, say, 5 years or so. I think the answer is yes. Ford is unloading the anchor that has dragged down their stock, Rivian Motors. Ford just sold 8 million shares of Rivian but has a long way to go yet. It is a problem! but at least Ford is taking steps to correct the error.

And, if you were to take the Rivian mess off of Ford's books we see a solid, profit-making company, positioned to rebound nicely. Alas, the reality is, they do have that anchor to deal with. I think investors buying F stock at these prices will be very happy in a few years.

Those who forget history or doomed to repeat it! I remember when stocks like McDonald's were selling for something like $15/share, and that was NOT very long ago. Now look at it. I am still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on McDonald's when I had the chance and the means to do so. No, I am NOT saying F will reach prices of $250 like MCD has...just that I won't miss this train when it leaves the station.

In the bigger picture some pretty smart and market savvy pundits are predicting more down-trending for the market. Many think we haven't bounced off the bottom yet. So, I am nibbling but keeping a lot of powder dry.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I have opened a position in Ford and just added a little more on this dip. On stocks like Ford, I ask myself is this a good company, likely to survive and even thrive over the next, say, 5 years or so. I think the answer is yes. Ford is unloading the anchor that has dragged down their stock, Rivian Motors. Ford just sold 8 million shares of Rivian but has a long way to go yet. It is a problem! but at least Ford is taking steps to correct the error.

And, if you were to take the Rivian mess off of Ford's books we see a solid, profit-making company, positioned to rebound nicely. Alas, the reality is, they do have that anchor to deal with. I think investors buying F stock at these prices will be very happy in a few years.

Those who forget history or doomed to repeat it! I remember when stocks like McDonald's were selling for something like $15/share, and that was NOT very long ago. Now look at it. I am still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on McDonald's when I had the chance and the means to do so. No, I am NOT saying F will reach prices of $250 like MCD has...just that I won't miss this train when it leaves the station.

In the bigger picture some pretty smart and market savvy pundits are predicting more down-trending for the market. Many think we haven't bounced off the bottom yet. So, I am nibbling but keeping a lot of powder dry.
    You seem to like companies with high debt loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You seem to like companies with high debt loads.
    Right after he forgives student loans, Biden plans to wash away all debt on the traditional car companies too.

The clown show in DC continues. Inflation remains near 40-year high. Maybe if dem voters feel enough pain they'll finally reject the disaster that is the Dem Party. Well...probably not. Dem voters are not the sharpest crayons in the box.

Meanwhile the market is giving back more of its gains, thanks to Sleepy Joe.

BUYING OPPORTUNITY! But go slow and be very choosey, haven't hit the bottom yet. Got two+ years more of Biden et al, and even the GOP getting control of Congress in January won't help much. Still too many "Republicans" in the GOP and not enough true CONSERVATIVES.

Friday was very much GREEN! But was probably just a bear market bounce. Stay tuned...

Walmart took it on the chin yesterday. More of the same today? Actually, most of retailers had a rough day. Home Depot was the exception.

The policies of Biden et al are hitting hard now and it'll get worse before it gets better. A lot of this downturn is Biden's fault, and we all knew it was coming. Some of the economic mess is not Biden's fault, directly, but he has no answers to address them, and worse, his policies exasperate them.

As for the market itself, no worries. Just remember all the bear markets, Black Monday-1987, the DotCom crash (2000), the mortgage crunch (2008), the China Virus mess (2020) and in each case they were buying opportunities. Those brave enough to swim against current found bargains and came out much richer. This drop is (will be) no different.

The only question is, where's(when) the bottom?

I am waiting until the baby gets thrown out in the bathwater; then I'll buy the baby.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

The stock market is now lower than what it was when Trump left office. The Supreme Court needs to look at all the evidence that has been gathered on all the fraud in the 2020 election and put Trump back in office before our country turns into the next Venezuela. True the Vote has all the information needed to overturn the election. We don't need an investigation by the crooked FBI. They should have done their job during the election and we wouldn't be in the mess we are today. Let's get this racist sob out of office before he does more damage. He's even committed genocide by not doing anything about the baby formula shortage. He did nothing when that plant was shut down by his regime in 9/2021. He wants to kill babies born to American citizens and replace them with criminal aliens.

Ford sold 8 million shares of Rivian Auto to lighten their debt load, and now George Soros, via his Soros Fund Management, has bought 6 million shares of Rivian. That brings his total to 25 million shares of the EV automaker.

In other news, which is not "news" the housing market is tanking. Rising mortgage rates combined with extreme concerns of consumers on inflation, the nation on the wrong path, etc... is causing people to rethink the major purchase of a house. Folks are hunkering down and bracing for more, and worse, economic hardships to come.

In still other news, a Yahoo Finance article links the bounce of the market back into the green as misplaced confidence by investors in the Fed, that the Fed will bail them out.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Ford sold 8 million shares of Rivian Auto to lighten their debt load, and now George Soros, via his Soros Fund Management, has bought 6 million shares of Rivian. That brings his total to 25 million shares of the EV automaker.

In other news, which is not "news" the housing market is tanking. Rising mortgage rates combined with extreme concerns of consumers on inflation, the nation on the wrong path, etc... is causing people to rethink the major purchase of a house. Folks are hunkering down and bracing for more, and worse, economic hardships to come.

In still other news, a Yahoo Finance article links the bounce of the market back into the green as misplaced confidence by investors in the Fed, that the Fed will bail them out.
    I may have been too late to sell my home. We are putting it on the market in mid June and plans are to move back to Ruston on family land. We will both work remotely and begin a much simpler lifestyle with a garden, raising our own beef, and chickens. Can't wait..

+ Reply to Thread