+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best to Van De Velde

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Best to Van De Velde

Wishing the best to Bruce and his family in his new job as Senior Associate AD at Wisconsin.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/genrel/090313aaa.html

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/222013621.html

Simply put, WE ARE CLEARLY BETTER OFF IN 2013 THAN WHEN BRUCE TOOK OVER. Under his watch: CUSA, White, Dykes, attendance growth, giving, etc. He is a decent guy who improved our lot and his time here was a PLUS. Thanks.

A toast to OUR FUTURE, WHICH IS BRIGHT. GO DAWGS!! LOVE ME SOME LA. TECH!!!!!!!!!! So looking forward to our continued ascendancy and SEPARATION!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: The Best to Van De Velde

Like.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I agree with everything.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Lion's share

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Lion's share
    Broken record shit you read on the Internet. But, if you're that hung up on it, do post about it.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Real happy for him.... and us.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Good luck, Bruce.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I'm happy...that he gone. Good riddance and good luck Bruce.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

He will be fine there... Taking orders instead of giving them. Good luck Brucie

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

I laughed when I read the comment in the Journal Sentinel. Good luck with that!kpomaha - Monday at 10:36 AM - Report Abuse

00Click thumb to rate
    00Please login to rate

So will Mr. Van de Velde fix the concessions debacle that was the talk of Game 1?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Just a man trying to make a living for himself and his family. He does have one. A family. A fine one at that. Sometimes we can forget such things when it comes to times like these. Those of you that got to know him know he is a good family man with good family values. Maybe that doesn't fit with your image of him but it is my image of him. Much the same can be said about Jim Oakes; who I consider to be a great gentleman to this very day. Whether or not he, or Jim, did his level best for this university is up for debate by all of you....as the nature of this position ultimately decides productivity=character; apparently. However, Bruce always treated me with respect, as did Jim, and I'll never say a bad word about either as far as character is concerned. Now-is there a better fit for our fantastic, end-all-be-all destination for any up and coming athletic director..what with all our superior funding (usually last in conference) and our understanding and super-supportive and loyal fan-base (sarcasm included free of charge)? Possibly...but I damn sure know I wouldn't want the job..regardless of pay. I hope you have the decency to remember that the new one is a young, family man and is probably trying to do his best....against seemingly insurmountable odds. Maybe we'll try to help this one out a bit more rather than tear him down and get ready for the next one. Sleep well; throwers of rocks, for another era begins.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

BTW: As a busines owner that once managed businesses I can attest that I was a much better manager than an owner IMO. The owner or leadership role is much tougher and often less lucrative than manager or assistant. It's kinda tough reporting to onesself about your performance and then trying to motivate to improve. I kinda miss the #2 man days sometimes
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Congratulations to Bruce and Debbie and Ashley. Bruce always returned calls and emails and frankly he always answered my questions in a frank and straight forward way. If there was something he felt he could not talk about he told me he couldn't and why. There is already a dozen versions of the Indy Bowl story mess and over the years it will grow to several dozen and the people who will tell it will always start out with "This is what really happened, blah blah blah". All I know is this - for those who want to hang all of it on Bruce, you are dead wrong. It took a real "team effort" to keep the Bulldogs out of a bowl game last year and in my conversation with Bruce he was the only who admitted where he screwed up, the rest of them just turned and walked away. I have read Bruce's bio several times over the years and frankly never saw the part where he actually played college football and served as Defensive Coordinator at Dana College and coached at Nebraska Wesleyan for four years. Maybe he could have pulled some double duty last year as DC!
    Last edited by JDubyadawg; 09-05-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Good for him, all the best.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

In my personal opinion, Bruce didn't measure up to what Tech needed in an AD. Not every position is fit for every person. As others have posted, maybe his best lot in professional life is to be a #2 guy. Nothing wrong with that. Good leaders always need good #2 guys. Lee had Stonewall Jackson.

+ Reply to Thread