+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice Kansas Article

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Kansas Article

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Nice Kansas Article

Good article. I still worry about Taylor. We need to complete more passes or we are going to be in big trouble. We have the potential to be a GREAT football team this year, but our QB play still worries me. Our defense won this game.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

I can't understand why everyone is down on Bennett. I thought he was very impressive. Our o-line was allowing too much pressure (especially in the first half), and our receivers (with the exception of Livas) still have a long way to go on beating press coverage.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

....and from the Wichita paper:

http://www.kansas.com/sports/story/515981.html

Puppy B&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Those who really understood what they saw in MS game know just how well TB played given the cirrcumstances. Most of the comments have actually been positive.

MS's defense worked for two weeks on pass rush pressure defense with TB in mind. Our O-line did a great Job holding them off the amount that they did. (right side could have done better) TB did not give them hardly anything in the way of lost yards. (except the the int). given the fact that he was on his ass 15 times and hurried allot more. Add in the 9 dropped balls and you actually would have had MS secondary back pedaling instead of coming up all the time. ..the results would have been allot more connects on the short 6-10 yarders. The deep throws were spot on everytime. 4 drops on deep routes that were in the hands and then out. a 5th one was a clearly missed pass interference call in the left corner endzone. .. Cruz has got to use his speed to get more seperation, he has the speed to do it, just gotta do it! Success breeds success and that is never more true than in the passing game. Ya gotta catch the ball when it hits your hands, it changes everything !

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    I can't understand why everyone is down on Bennett. I thought he was very impressive. Our o-line was allowing too much pressure (especially in the first half), and our receivers (with the exception of Livas) still have a long way to go on beating press coverage.

Yeah that was something mentioned in another article. MSU ran some blitz packages were were not ready for, we made some overrated halftime adjustments and did a better job on them in the second half. We also need to catch the ball. I have watched the replay twice now and PJ has got to make some catches. Livas was the only one that caught the ball consistantly. All a WR asks is that the QB give him a chance to make a catch, Bennett did that often and balls were not caught. Some would have been tough catches but isn't that why they play WR.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

i think all opinions are partially valid. some guys dropped some passes they should have caught. but bennett could have made some better throws on some of those too. and i know he was running for his life a lot.
    it is nice to look back on moo state game and realize that, at least on the offensive side of the ball, we left a lot of points on the field and still won the game. i know msu has a good defense, but we were far from stellar on offense and i hope our guys know that.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    i think all opinions are partially valid. some guys dropped some passes they should have caught. but bennett could have made some better throws on some of those too. and i know he was running for his life a lot.
    it is nice to look back on moo state game and realize that, at least on the offensive side of the ball, we left a lot of points on the field and still won the game. i know msu has a good defense, but we were far from stellar on offense and i hope our guys know that.
    Drops and bad passes go hand in hand. Bad passes cause drops. Drops cause bad passes. I only hope we get over this and take full advantage of our offense against Kansas. By doing so we could possibly WIN. I like our chances too. MSU has more talent at DL and DB (despite what Kansas fans think). Kansas has more talent at linebacker. All in all I think the DL and DB gives Bennett a better chance to execute while the linebackers once again will likely limit us in the middle of the field.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Drops and bad passes go hand in hand. Bad passes cause drops. Drops cause bad passes.
    The former I can see, the later I'm not so sure about.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

I am thrilled that we have a quarterback who will THROW THE BALL INTO THE STANDS if need be on any down and live to see another play rather than trying to force something and throwing an interception.

I never understood why both Luke McCown and Zac Champion would try to force the ball into impossible windows instead of just throwing it away and playing the next down.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    The former I can see, the later I'm not so sure about.
    Drops cause lack of confidence in the WR.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Drops cause lack of confidence in the WR.
    Leading to fewer throws to that WR? Or trying to bury it in his chest?

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Leading to fewer throws to that WR? Or trying to bury it in his chest?
    Or even a feeling of he's open but it doesn't matter how well I throw it he will drop it.

So bad passes cause drops and drops cause fewer passes? :icon_wink:

And I suppose fewer good passes means a higher ratio of bad passes/good passes, so I concede the point. You are correct sir.

Puppy B&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB&B At Ease Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

One thing I am confident in is that we have some very very good coaches and I am sure adjustments will be made this week and TB has the experience, arm and wherewithal to make the adjustments that Frank drills into him (ouch ) Our OC knows his stuff and he will make it happen. This is good football team, maybe one of the best kept secrets this year.

+ Reply to Thread